Author Topic: HARD TRUTH: More Law Enforcement Officers Killed Each Year Than Young Black Men By White Cops  (Read 483 times)

rangerrebew

HARD TRUTH: More Law Enforcement Officers Killed Each Year Than Young Black Men By White Cops

Posted by Jim Hoft on Thursday, April 30, 2015, 2:43 PM

fallen heroes

According to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund 682 law enforcement officers were killed in the line of duty in the past five years in the United States. That averages out to over 136 dead law enforcement officers each year.

Here are the numbers:

2010 – 161
 2911 – 171
 2012 – 126
 2013 – 107
 2014 – 117

Conversely, on average, there were 96 black males who are killed by white police officers each year – and another 300 white males who are killed by police officers according to FBI statistics.
USA Today reported:

Nearly two times a week in the United States, a white police officer killed a black person during a seven-year period ending in 2012, according to the most recent accounts of justifiable homicide reported to the FBI.

On average, there were 96 such incidents among at least 400 police killings each year that were reported to the FBI by local police.

Then there’s this… There were 431 black killers of “whites” in 2014, compared to 193 “white” killers of blacks while blacks make up only 13% of the national population. There were approximately 6,000 black on black murders last year.

Remember this the next time the liberal media or some far left crank tries to persuade you there is an epidemic of black men being slaughtered by white cops.

Read more: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/04/shock-report-more-law-enforcement-officers-killed-each-year-than-young-black-men-by-white-cops/#ixzz3YuMRWH3g

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Arguing that there are more of one than the other, doesn't make either one "right."

The issue is when cops start the punishment at the time of their initial contact. About them going further, than restraining the suspect.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Lando Lincoln

Arguing that there are more of one than the other, doesn't make either one "right."

The issue is when cops start the punishment at the time of their initial contact. About them going further, than restraining the suspect.

Agreed t_s.  In general however, the stats help refute much of the incendiary rhetoric that is tossed about by those who claim there is an epidemic of colossal proportion.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

Or in Freddy's case, NOT restraining him...
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Agreed t_s.  In general however, the stats help refute much of the incendiary rhetoric that is tossed about by those who claim there is an epidemic of colossal proportion.

Yes.  Like a President who says things like this happen 'every week.'   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The police killed in the line of duty includes traffic fatalities, death during the performance of their duty for unrelated reasons (dropping dead of a heart attack, for example) and sheer bad luck, as well as actually getting shot or stabbed by criminals.

If a headline says hard truth I expect the article to contain the truth, not selective insinuations.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I am not on one side, or the other.  Each incident stands on its own merits.

I have empathy for the cops. It is a very challenging job. Some do it better, than others. Some are not well suited, and make mistakes.

If the mistake they make is a belief they should mete out punishments, then they should be weeded out. One-because it is wrong, and two-because it places financial liability on struggling taxpayers.

The cities and police departments SHOULD want the bad ones eliminated, BEFORE it costs them.

Cops need better tactics, equipment and training. But they were NOT trained to give "rough rides" at least formally.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Lando Lincoln

I agree with all of the above.  This is but one part of the total but yet, it has value.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck