Author Topic: Alveda King: Baltimore Mayor Is Not Thinking  (Read 1166 times)

rangerrebew

Alveda King: Baltimore Mayor Is Not Thinking
« on: April 28, 2015, 11:27:07 am »

Alveda King: Baltimore Mayor Is Not Thinking

Monday, April 27, 2015 06:10 PM

By: Greg Richter

Alveda King, niece of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., and Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke say Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake may have encouraged rioting that broke out Monday on the streets of that city.

"I've made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech," Rawlings-Blake said in a Saturday night press conference.

"It's a very delicate balancing act, because while we tried to make sure that they were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well."

King said she doesn't know what the mayor meant to say, but blasted the quote in an open letter on Monday.

"In the 1960s, 1963, the Children's March, we were calm, we were orderly, we were prayerful, and so we knew how to demonstrate peacefully," King said Monday on Fox News Channel's "Your World with Neil Cavuto."

"No one has instructed these young children."

She called the mayor's comment "an invitation to destroy," adding, "If she is the head of the city, she should be thinking, and I don't believe she is."

"When I heard the comment by the mayor I thought, has this mayor lost her mind? She's basically sanctioned a riot," Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke told Cavuto.

"Thuggery and rioting, looting – it's felonious behavior. There can be no daylight between what proper behavior is in these situations, socially acceptable behavior, and criminal conduct. Once the rocks and bottles are being thrown, all bets are off."

Clarke said police should be aggressive and assertive, and should send a message to rioters and looters, "you are going to lose and we are going to win."

Protesters are angry about the death of Freddie Gray, a 25-year-old who died after his spine was broken during an arrest.

Clarke said protesters should give the investigation time. He said there are equal problems when a determination is made too early.

"You're going to get claims you rushed into this and just rushed over it to get something out here, and then people aren't going be happy as well," he said.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Alveda-King-Baltimore-mayor-rioting/2015/04/27/id/641087/
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 11:27:44 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Alveda King: Baltimore Mayor Is Not Thinking
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 12:01:46 pm »
I'm glad to see Mrs. King finding her voice and weighing in on these issues. She's been a voice of sanity for the black community and as far as I'm concerned is the only one that really speaks for their best interests.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 07:53:54 pm »
I'm glad to see Mrs. King finding her voice and weighing in on these issues. She's been a voice of sanity for the black community and as far as I'm concerned is the only one that really speaks for their best interests.
  :amen:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 07:59:51 pm »
Alveda King is a breath of fresh air, isn't she?  Truly a voice of sanity ringing out, and most likely being drowned out by the insanity of the Sharptons and Jacksons of the world.

Sheriff David Clarke is also AWESOME!  Is his voice heard anywhere outside of Fox News?  He's so intelligent and reasoned and, well, LAW abiding.

These two should be listened to, and the leftist haters shoved to the back of the bus......................... as it were....  :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 08:08:49 pm »
She called the mayor's comment "an invitation to destroy," adding, "If she is the head of the city, she should be thinking, and I don't believe she is."

"When I heard the comment by the mayor I thought, has this mayor lost her mind? She's basically sanctioned a riot," Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke told Cavuto.

On the advice and consent of Bammy and Lynch, no doubt.

Black POTUS, black A.G., black Mayor, black Chief of Police, black rioters.

Just a coinkidink, I'm sure...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 08:11:33 pm »
On the advice and consent of Bammy and Lynch, no doubt.

Black POTUS, black A.G., black Mayor, black Chief of Police, black rioters.

Just a coinkidink, I'm sure...

In case you are unaware, both Alveda King and David Clarke are black as well.

The thing those you listed have in common is that they are leftists............ not black.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 08:13:24 pm »
"Thuggery and rioting, looting – it's felonious behavior. There can be no daylight between what proper behavior is in these situations, socially acceptable behavior, and criminal conduct. Once the rocks and bottles are being thrown, all bets are off."

Not in 21st Century America the aren't...not when the criminal conduct is perpetrated by African-Americans, not when Democrats and the media sympathize and certainly not when they are doing the president's bidding.

Oh, and they don't want an "investigation", they want a lynching.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 08:47:19 pm »
Things were supposed to improve with a black President. Well, most on both sides might agree they have gone backwards.

He can flatter himself for a bit longer, but I think long term history will rate him a disaster on foreign and domestic relations.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 08:53:32 pm »
In reality today's black culture, particularly it's youth, either no longer know anything about King (other than his name) or they have abandoned what he wanted to do.  Up until Sharptongue and J$cks$n, civil rights leaders had pushed for unity, understanding each other.  What we see now is the outcome of the "diversity" project of the leftists.  They didn't appreciate "diversity" then, and they don't appreciate it now.  It was a just a technique to take people away from the teaching of King and other leaders so race pimps could make a killing. :smokin: