Author Topic: Rick Perry's lastest ad - Where I Come From  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Rick Perry's lastest ad - Where I Come From
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 12:15:47 am »
Excellent!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 03:14:30 am »
Excellent!
I'm an older voter like you Bigun.  Do you like Perry because he is comfortable for us old farts?  or do you look at his record and say "hell yeah!"  or do you just like his style?

You have shown support for younger candidates like Walker and Cruz.  Does Perry's experience make you feel more secure?

I'll tell you it makes it easier for me to support him.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 03:25:03 am »
I'm an older voter like you Bigun.  Do you like Perry because he is comfortable for us old farts?  or do you look at his record and say "hell yeah!"  or do you just like his style?

You have shown support for younger candidates like Walker and Cruz.  Does Perry's experience make you feel more secure?

I'll tell you it makes it easier for me to support him.

Rick Perry was governor of Texas for longer than anyone else ever has. I know the man and like him.  I've had my differences with him on several issues over the years (won a few, lost a few, and tied once or twice) but I KNOW him to be a genuine patriot and would be very comfortable with him as our next president.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 03:43:05 am »
Rick Perry was governor of Texas for longer than anyone else ever has. I know the man and like him.  I've had my differences with him on several issues over the years (won a few, lost a few, and tied once or twice) but I KNOW him to be a genuine patriot and would be very comfortable with him as our next president.
When this season started I hoped Perry would take off as a candidate.  There is still time for him to grow, but I'm afraid youth will take the spotlight.  Walker, Paul, and Cruz have the youth and stamina, but I really like Perry for his experience.

Thanks for your response.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 05:11:24 am »
I like him. He's the real deal. He flubbed last time around, and I suspect the pain meds may have played a significant role.

I had an horrific experience lasting 28 days, on pain meds in 2013. Voters may not give Perry another chance, sadly.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 01:12:29 pm »
I like him. He's the real deal. He flubbed last time around, and I suspect the pain meds may have played a significant role.

I had an horrific experience lasting 28 days, on pain meds in 2013. Voters may not give Perry another chance, sadly.

The pain meds were DEFINITELY a problem last time but his bigger mistake was going with the same campaign team that he had used in his Texas campaigns and expecting that they would be adequate for a national campaign.  They weren't!  He will not make either of those mistakes this time around.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 01:13:29 pm »
When this season started I hoped Perry would take off as a candidate.  There is still time for him to grow, but I'm afraid youth will take the spotlight.  Walker, Paul, and Cruz have the youth and stamina, but I really like Perry for his experience.

Thanks for your response.

Youth is the ONLY reason I put Walker ahead of Perry at present.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 01:37:36 pm »
I differ, Bigun. I like Walker, but I'm not sure he's ready to be president because of, to use Reagan's line, his youth and inexperience. At least Perry, whom I also like, has had the experience of a national campaign and many years as a successful Governor of a large state to recommend him.

But, as I see it, all our declared and potential presidential candidates have strong positives that justify a vote for them — even Jeb.  :bolt:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 01:41:13 pm »
I differ, Bigun. I like Walker, but I'm not sure he's ready to be president because of, to use Reagan's line, his youth and inexperience. At least Perry, whom I also like, has had the experience of a national campaign and many years as a successful Governor of a large state to recommend him.

But, as I see it, all our declared and potential presidential candidates have strong positives that justify a vote for them — even Jeb.  :bolt:

If we've proven anything here we've proven that we all differ to some degree or other. It is the cross we proudly bear.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 07:32:45 pm »
Presidents elected while in their 40s after WWII include only democrats JF Kennedy, WF Clinton, and BH Obama.

The youngest President to serve was Theodore Roosevelt. Reagan was the oldest at the start of his Presidency.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States_by_age
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln