Author Topic: Jindal takes hawkish line on Iran  (Read 528 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Jindal takes hawkish line on Iran
« on: April 19, 2015, 09:29:08 pm »
NASHUA, N.H.—Gov. Bobby Jindal said Saturday the United States may need to bomb Iran before it is too late to stop the country from developing a nuclear weapon.

The Louisiana governor, expected to announce his presidential candidacy shortly after his state legislative session ends on June 11, praised Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton for his controversial letter to Iranian leaders.

Asked if he agrees with the freshman Republican that the U.S. could pursue targeted air strikes against Iran the way it did against Iraq in the 1990s, Jindal said he would defer to military commanders.

“If they come and say, look, we know where the sites are, we’ve got the bunker buster capabilities, we’ve got solid intelligence,” he told reporters after speaking to a Republican conference here. “A lot of that is classified … I believe a couple things broadly based on publicly-available information: I think it’s still within our military’s capabilities to take out their nuclear infrastructure. I don’t think it will remain that way forever.”

He is the latest presidential contender to take a hard line on Iran at the two-day event. Florida Sen. Marco Rubio also said bombing may be necessary in a Friday dinner speech.

In perhaps the most saber-rattling comments of all, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee compared Iran to a snake during his own speech late Saturday afternoon.

“We had snakes in South Arkansas, and I’m not just talking about the ones that got elected to something,” he said. “You don’t try to reason with a snake … You don’t pet the snake. You don’t feed the snake. You don’t try to have a conversation with the snake. You get a .410 shotgun or a shovel or a hoe, and you take the snake’s head off before he bites you. What we’re dealing with in the Middle East is nothing short of a viper.”

Jindal said a nuclear Iran would lead to a nuclear arms race in the Middle East, and it would almost certainly prompt Saudi Arabia to acquire nuclear technology from Pakistan.

“Iran is in the process—and they have been for some time—of hardening and dispersing their infrastructure,” he said, “and we know from previous violations they’ve been caught lying and cheating on previous agreements.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/jindal-takes-hawkish-line-on-iran-117111.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Jindal takes hawkish line on Iran
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 09:51:30 pm »
I support the Republican Senators, who took the hard line with the mullah dictatorship government of Iran.

Tens of million lives MIGHT be saved, if sufficient warnings are heeded. Maybe the eople of Iran will see this as American support, to overthrow their oppressive totalitarian government.

I am told by several Iranians here in the US, for decades, that the government is NOT popular, wins elections by fraud.

The mullahs' religious police are far, far worse than the Shah's Savak for instance.

Letters to the government, should be written in addition to the Iranian people, aimed at convincing them the US does not want war, but will go to war to defend Israel.

Further tell the Iranians that their mullahs use Israel, to divert attention from their failed economy. And to keep them isolated, from the modern world, etc.

I'm no computer expert, but I expect people around the world know how to work around government blocks of the internet. Where is the Voice of America, when we need it?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Jindal takes hawkish line on Iran
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 10:26:01 pm »
Jindal is ABSOLUTELY right here! Just went up a notch or two in my view.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien