Author Topic: Sharpton barred from funeral  (Read 848 times)

Offline Charlespg

Sharpton barred from funeral
« on: April 10, 2015, 06:42:46 pm »
'We don't want another Ferguson circus': Walter Scott family 'bar Rev Al Sharpton from the funeral to avoid over-the-top attention'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3033109/We-don-t-want-Ferguson-circus-Walter-Scott-family-bar-Rev-Al-Sharpton-funeral-avoid-attention.html#ixzz3WvuIYAzP
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
 :hands:

Good Sharpton should been jailed and disbared decades ago

if the governments too cowardly to do anything at least sideline the SOB
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline flowers

Re: Sharpton barred from funeral
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 06:48:02 pm »
Good hope they don't give in.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 06:49:16 pm »
Good for the family. The issue of "out of control" police tactics is a real issue across the country.

I hate to see the issue, ruined by race politics. The police go too far, with white suspects too.

Police need better tactics, training and non-lethal weapon options.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 07:26:27 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 07:40:35 pm »
Good for the family. The issue of "out of control" police tactics is a real issue across the country.

I hate to see the issue, ruined by race politics. The police go too far, with white suspects too.

They need better screening. Anyone that would shoot a man in the back like that, and then try to plant a taser, is not someone who should ever put on a uniform.

Unfortunately, it's a snowball effect. As police come under more and more scrutiny, the job becomes more difficult and stressful. It comes to the point where no one in their right mind would want to be a police officer.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 07:53:16 pm »
They need better screening. Anyone that would shoot a man in the back like that, and then try to plant a taser, is not someone who should ever put on a uniform.

Unfortunately, it's a snowball effect. As police come under more and more scrutiny, the job becomes more difficult and stressful. It comes to the point where no one in their right mind would want to be a police officer.
No argument with you that it is a difficult and often thankless job. In my area they are paid, benefited and very well pensioned.

Times have changed, like I or not. It used to be taken for granted that police would chase the homeless out of town. Now if asked, a police officer will say "it isn't against the law to be homeless."

But that same officer has been trained that if he unholsters his weapon, he unloads it high center mass.

The trick is screening them, and training them when to shoot, IMO. (or beat, kick, baton, etc. for how long)

There is a fresh video today, of an incident in San Bernardino CA, whereby many officers go after a guy who has been tased, lies on his stomach, puts his hands behind his back.

But after the officers cuff him, they go on beating and kicking him for several minutes, all under the watchfull eye of a news helicopter.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 11:02:13 pm »
What refreshing news!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 11:19:19 pm »

back on TOS there was a thread a week about some jackass cop shooting the family pet
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 01:13:18 am »
No argument with you that it is a difficult and often thankless job. In my area they are paid, benefited and very well pensioned.

Times have changed, like I or not. It used to be taken for granted that police would chase the homeless out of town. Now if asked, a police officer will say "it isn't against the law to be homeless."

But that same officer has been trained that if he unholsters his weapon, he unloads it high center mass.

The trick is screening them, and training them when to shoot, IMO. (or beat, kick, baton, etc. for how long)

There is a fresh video today, of an incident in San Bernardino CA, whereby many officers go after a guy who has been tased, lies on his stomach, puts his hands behind his back.

But after the officers cuff him, they go on beating and kicking him for several minutes, all under the watchfull eye of a news helicopter.

It'll take a wee bit more training to tame, I mean civilize, them.