Author Topic: Officials: US-Iran agree on preliminary nuke deal...[updated]  (Read 3016 times)

Offline flowers

Re: Officials: US-Iran agree on preliminary nuke deal...[updated]
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2015, 07:13:57 pm »
You KNOW barry wanted this done during the week of Easter.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2015, 07:17:14 pm »
We can only hope that the jug-eared despot was as savvy a negotiator as he was trading 5 senior Taliban butchers for a deserter/traitor.   He was pretty proud of that one too if I recall:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Well the only good part it is non binding.. There is no way he will get 2/3 of the Senate to approve this.

If the Senate doesn't approve this, can the agreement go forward with the P4+1 and Iran?

Online kevindavis007

If the Senate doesn't approve this, can the agreement go forward with the P4+1 and Iran?

I'm not sure, but here is the thing, the next President can undo this piece of crap.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2015, 07:52:42 pm »
From the Washington Post: 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/negotiators-hold-marathon-all-night-session-in-last-ditch-effort-for-agreement/2015/04/02/68334c88-d8b2-11e4-bf0b-f648b95a6488_story.html

A fact sheet distributed by the State Department said Iran agreed to reduce its installed centrifuges by approximately two-thirds — from about 19,000 today to 6,104 — with only 5,060 of them enriching uranium for 10 years. It said all 6,104 would be first-generation machines, not the more advanced ones that Iran has acquired.

The fact sheet said Iran further agreed not to enrich uranium above the level of 3.67 percent for at least 15 years. That level of low-enriched uranium is suitable as fuel for nuclear power plants — Iran’s stated rationale for enriching uranium — but not as fissile material for nuclear weapons, which require uranium enriched to about 90 percent purity.

Iran has agreed to reduce its current stockpile of about 10,000 kilograms (22,000 pounds) of low-enriched uranium to 300 kilograms (660 pounds) for 15 years, the fact sheet said.

The summary said Iran’s “breakout” timeline — the time it would take for Iran to acquire enough fissile material to build one atomic bomb, if it chose to pursue such weapons — would be extended to at least one year, for a duration of at least 10 years, compared to the current assessment of two to three months.

The agreement calls for tightened monitoring by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to ensure that nuclear materials or components are not diverted to any secret weapons program.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2015, 07:54:51 pm »
We can only hope that the jug-eared despot was as savvy a negotiator as he was trading 5 senior Taliban butchers for a deserter/traitor.   He was pretty proud of that one too if I recall:

I think we gave them a pile of cash, too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2015, 07:58:22 pm »
From the Financial Times:
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/78e36daa-d90d-11e4-b907-00144feab7de.html#axzz3WBRcYYSQ

In exchange, (see previous post for specifics) world powers will provide significant economic and financial sanctions relief, first with the removal of EU sanctions while US sanctions will be lifted simultaneously with verification of Iran’s compliance. UN sanctions, over which much haggling took place in the last few days, will also be removed but with some restrictive measures remaining.

Offline flowers

Who is stopping anything he does? Let us say the Senate doesn't approve. What stops baraaq from doing this anyway? Will the senate go to the WH and have him arrested?  WHO IS STOPPING HIM?

I'm not sure, but here is the thing, the next President can undo this piece of crap.

It won't matter.  The EU and UN will stand by it.

Who is stopping anything he does? Let us say the Senate doesn't approve. What stops baraaq from doing this anyway? Will the senate go to the WH and have him arrested?  WHO IS STOPPING HIM?

So why, may I ask, do you spend so much time and energy posting articles, etc.?  What's your point?

Offline flowers

So why, may I ask, do you spend so much time and energy posting articles, etc.?  What's your point?
Why wouldn't I keep posting articles?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mystery asked above:
[[ Kerry at least get the Americans being held in Iran? ]]

I sense that all that Quisling Kerry got was this:

Why wouldn't I keep posting articles?

And you do a great job, too!  I appreciate that.  But, please if you could refrain from yelling at me in your posts, I'd appreciate that, too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2015, 11:20:04 pm »
The United States has been, in one form or another, negotiating with Iran for a very long time now. What in reality have we gained from all that effort?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2015, 01:06:04 am »
Bigun wrote above:
[[ The United States has been, in one form or another, negotiating with Iran for a very long time now. What in reality have we gained from all that effort? ]]

"In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit."
- AYN RAND

Does that answer your question?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2015, 01:30:18 am »
Bigun wrote above:
[[ The United States has been, in one form or another, negotiating with Iran for a very long time now. What in reality have we gained from all that effort? ]]

"In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit."
- AYN RAND

Does that answer your question?

Entirely!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

And you do a great job, too!  I appreciate that.  But, please if you could refrain from yelling at me in your posts, I'd appreciate that, too.
:patriot: