Author Topic: Cruz to announce White House bid Monday  (Read 11482 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: Cruz to announce White House bid Monday
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2015, 03:52:55 pm »
But then we would have to start thinking for ourselves...

:thumbsup:
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2015, 04:08:38 pm »

Liberal Prof Dershowitz: Cruz was “Off the Charts Brilliant”
Posted on March 23, 2015, 10:54 am by Keith Koffler

Ted Cruz, who announced his presidential candidacy today, will be the subject of much vitriol in the press. But he won’t receive the epithet most coveted by liberals when they go after conservatives: They can’t say he’s stupid.

“Off the charts brilliant,” is what legendary liberal Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz said of his former student in an interview with the Philadelphia Inquirer a year ago.

Dershowitz had trouble rating another former Harvard student, Barack Obama, who despite multiple attempts couldn’t get into Dershowitz’s class.

“The computer kept him out,” Dershowitz said. “It wasn’t my fault.”

Ahh, the computer. ...

More at White House Dossier
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2015, 04:11:19 pm »
Hillary Clinton sounds like a shrew's claws on a blackboard, yet many concede that she would win against any GOP contender.  Can we stop letting the media pick our candidates, please?

Pat (you know.....Pat??) was making a joke, and I was repeating it as a joke.

(That's why I put the guy with the big ears.  Sorry it wasn't clear).

But, if you listen carefully, he DOES sound like Dana Carvey.   :dx1:

For the record, I like Ted Cruz a LOT.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2015, 04:16:23 pm »
Pat (you know.....Pat??) was making a joke, and I was repeating it as a joke.

(That's why I put the guy with the big ears.  Sorry it wasn't clear).

But, if you listen carefully, he DOES sound like Dana Carvey.   :dx1:

For the record, I like Ted Cruz a LOT.

I do agree that he sounds like Dana Carvey - LOL!

Sorry I missed your joke.   888oops888

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2015, 04:43:36 pm »
Drudge headlines a Spanish language Cruz ad, which I think is a strategic mistake for the Cruz effort.

Today is his big day for headlines. Too bad he and his advisors blew that one aspect.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2015, 04:44:11 pm »
I do agree that he sounds like Dana Carvey - LOL!

Sorry I missed your joke.   888oops888

Not a problem.

Writing/reading things in black and white is often unclear.

If you could have seen the smirk on my face, you would have known.  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2015, 05:13:40 pm »
I guess Ross Perot is your historical fact. This is not the 90's, different times and way different people. Lets play nice and elect another member of the ONE party system and hope for different results. That will sure work just like in the mid terms of 2014. Or better yet lets try and take over the RINOGOP ??? that will work! One thing we conservatives have no say in the PUB convention. That was taken away with MITTENS turn. Well let see, we can do it in the Rhinocerotidae primary , yep that is the key. Well little problem the primary it can be fixed with the RINOGOP, DEMS united to keep Conservatives out. Remember MS and it can happen anywhere. But we cannot do that 3rd party thing because it will take to long??? so again, lets elect another member of the RINOGOP and hope for different results, Oh I said that before and was looking for different result! :chairbang:

Ross Perot cost Bush the Presidency and I can make the case that Ralph Nader lost Gore the Presidency.

Right now, today, Elizabeth Warren running as an independent could easily cost Hillary the election.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2015, 05:45:04 pm »
Cruz' announcement held at polarizing college, and students were REQUIRED to attend or face a fine.

So much for a candidate who says he is for "liberty" and against "tyranny."

http://www.nationaljournal.com/2016-elections/students-stand-with-rand-cruz-20150323

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2015, 05:45:53 pm »
Ross Perot cost Bush the Presidency and I can make the case that Ralph Nader lost Gore the Presidency.

Right now, today, Elizabeth Warren running as an independent could easily cost Hillary the election.
Warren running at all will crush hil, if valjar doesn't.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2015, 07:05:53 pm »
I have two comments for this thread.

1. I hope we can all agree that we will vote for the eventual republican nominee in the general election.

2. I have seen Ted Cruz in action before. Watched him go from 2% name ID to a U.S. Senator from Texas in under a year.  Take him lightly if you wish but I will not!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2015, 07:34:41 pm »
Cruz' announcement held at polarizing college
Yes, that's what Christians are these days.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2015, 07:41:51 pm »

Yep. 

Offline flowers

« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2015, 08:08:50 pm »
Cruz' announcement held at polarizing college, and students were REQUIRED to attend or face a fine.

So much for a candidate who says he is for "liberty" and against "tyranny."

http://www.nationaljournal.com/2016-elections/students-stand-with-rand-cruz-20150323
Where they required to give rousing applause too?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2015, 11:21:48 pm »

I hope we can all agree that we will vote for the eventual republican nominee in the general election.

I cannot agree to that.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2015, 11:40:54 pm »

Christianity has always been polarizing when practiced correctly...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2015, 11:53:14 pm »
Christianity has always been polarizing when practiced correctly...

Well for crying out loud....there's a reason why they say you should NEVER discuss politics or religion if you want to keep the peace.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2015, 11:40:26 am »
I cannot agree to that.

Thank you for helping to elect Hillary Clinton (or whatever other POS the DNC nominates).

Oceander

« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2015, 11:43:42 am »
If Mr. Cruz is seriously making abolishing the IRS one of the planks in his campaign, then he is already nothing more than a laughing-stock who will never win the general election, although he may very well sabotage the grown-ups vying for the GOP nomination.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2015, 01:35:05 pm »
If Mr. Cruz is seriously making abolishing the IRS one of the planks in his campaign, then he is already nothing more than a laughing-stock who will never win the general election, although he may very well sabotage the grown-ups vying for the GOP nomination.

I heard his speech and I kept thinking to myself, "is Cruz going to have the entire Democratic Party assassinated"?

How else would he delivere on all those John Lennon "Imagine" promises?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 02:16:15 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2015, 01:36:53 pm »

You don't think there is mainstream support for abolishing the IRS?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2015, 01:43:21 pm »
http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/23/huffpo-editor-ted-cruz-harvard-professors-were-in-awe-of-his-intellect-video/?print=1

HuffPo Editor: Cruz Harvard Professors Were ‘In Awe Of His Intellect’ [VIDEO]

Posted By Alex Griswold On 7:55 PM 03/23/2015

In what was no doubt a rare moment for all involved, Huffington Post editorial director Howard Fineman noted on MSNBC’s “Hardball w/ Chris Matthews” that Harvard Law School professors were “in awe” of Texas Republican Senator and presidential candidate Ted Cruz’s intellect.

“At Harvard Law School, he was — the professors were in awe of his intellect,” Fineman noted. “Even if they disagreed with him, which they did vehemently, these people knew that — this guy was trained under the Federalist Society second-generation Republican wave. In other words, not the Reagan years, but these years.”

The rare complement from the dedicated liberal came in the midst of a fourteen-minute Cruz bashfest led by host Chris Matthews. Fineman himself wrote an editorial earlier in the day mocking Cruz as “anti-abortion, a global-warming mega-skeptic, to the right of Likud on Israel, [and] anti-immigration to the max…”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2015, 01:56:41 pm »
You don't think there is mainstream support for abolishing the IRS?

There is absolutely no support. Take me for example. I like getting threating letters from the IRS.

Especially the repeat ones that say my company owes $6000 in back taxes—and turns out it's only a mistake, costing me time and money to prove I don't. (The IRS code says you are guilty till you prove you're innocent. Pay first, then try to get it refunded.)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 02:13:35 pm by aligncare »

Offline TheMom

« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2015, 01:59:09 pm »
I normally stay out of the political threads because they make my head hurt and cause me to scream cuss words at my monitor.

This morning I did something I have never done in my adult life . . . contributed money to a political campaign.  (I also volunteered to help with Cruz's campaign)

My support for Cruz is due to the fact that he didn't go with the flow when he got to Washington and that he really pisses off the establishment, which means he is doing something right.

I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2015, 02:15:06 pm »

8detect8

:mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2015, 02:38:02 pm »
I normally stay out of the political threads because they make my head hurt and cause me to scream cuss words at my monitor.

This morning I did something I have never done in my adult life . . . contributed money to a political campaign.  (I also volunteered to help with Cruz's campaign)

My support for Cruz is due to the fact that he didn't go with the flow when he got to Washington and that he really pisses off the establishment, which means he is doing something right.

I don't think you're alone.  An awful lot of people are sick of business as usual in Washington.

:amen:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!