Author Topic: Cruz to announce White House bid Monday  (Read 11481 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: Cruz to announce White House bid Monday
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2015, 12:02:25 am »
I will have to look his stance on abortion and military budget view...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcYl7igoBW0
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2015, 12:19:52 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcYl7igoBW0

Well I like his Life at Conception Act but do not agree with him on national security and his foreign policy..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Dexter

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2015, 12:24:35 am »
Well I like his Life at Conception Act but do not agree with him on national security and his foreign policy..

Would those issues you disagree with him on be deal breakers or would you be willing to compromise for a powerful candidate that would very likely win the presidential election?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 12:25:30 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2015, 12:26:33 am »
Ron Paul wasn't the Republican nominee. He would have demolished Obama.

The math doesn't support that in the least. He couldn't even get out of the single digits in most primary races, even in open primary states where Democrats could have voted for him.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2015, 12:29:16 am »
Would those issues you disagree with him on be deal breakers or would you be willing to compromise for a powerful candidate that would very likely win the presidential election?

Depending who the other candidates were at the time of the primaries I probably wouldn't vote for him...if he turned out to be the GOP candidate of course I would vote for him

btw...by the time Il has it's primary the candidate is pretty much selected...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 12:31:33 am by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2015, 01:49:47 am »
Those views are a huge part of why he'd attract so many young voters.
As I wrote earlier today, I thought the young were going to propel McGovern.

I talked a great deal with young people, having been one myself at the time. Hence many of my notions of the world were based on a small and misleading sample of public opinion.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2015, 02:35:33 am »

For me, the answer is no. A strong foreign policy, taking it to the terrorists, is a must for me. Paul waffles on that, and that is simply a deal breaker for me.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2015, 02:46:23 am »
For me, the answer is no. A strong foreign policy, taking it to the terrorists, is a must for me. Paul waffles on that, and that is simply a deal breaker for me.

Who do you think can and should win?
-Socrates

Oceander

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2015, 03:54:09 am »
That is where you and I strongly disagree.  If he runs 3rd party I think it would pretty much guarantee him the presidency. 

And I, in turn, strongly disagree with you.  Not only will it not garner him the presidency, it will guarantee that the White House remains in DNC hands.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2015, 01:41:52 pm »
I'm worried about only one thing about this: splitting the vote.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2015, 01:48:17 pm »

Third parties lose elections, they don't win them.

Elections are decided by independent voters. The vast majority of those voters will not vote for a third party candidate.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:49:31 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2015, 01:49:47 pm »

As it is grossly apparent even here on this forum, the GOP is split between those who put party first and those who put individuals first.  It may be a bloodbath for sure.  The strongest, scrappiest and most strategist candidate will hopefully emerge on top.  Doesn't usually happen that way because many of us won't stand behind the strongest contender with the best chance to win.  If we don't learn the lesson of this, we will not win. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2015, 01:54:11 pm »
And I, in turn, strongly disagree with you.  Not only will it not garner him the presidency, it will guarantee that the White House remains in DNC hands.

I read posts in a couple of right-wing forums, and they're mostly about how to overthrow the GOP leadership and/or the need for a third-party savior to rise from the dust bin of politics.

I KNOW those sort of things will splinter the right of center vote and benefit the Democrats. It's historical fact.

I have to wonder whether people posting those things over and over again are not actually Democrats fostering discord in order to benefit their own.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2015, 01:54:45 pm »
I would not be the least bit disappointed if Ted Cruz won the nomination, but he is in the second tier of candidates who are likely to get my support early on, mostly because I think he has to overcome his image problems.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2015, 02:06:55 pm »
I would not be the least bit disappointed if Ted Cruz won the nomination, but he is in the second tier of candidates who are likely to get my support early on, mostly because I think he has to overcome his image problems.

I'll vote for the person who wins the nomination, irrespective of who that is.

I'll admit that I will massively cringe if it happens to be Huckabee.

Those who sit it out or vote third Party if the nominee is not to their liking are Republicans in name only.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:08:56 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2015, 02:12:32 pm »
I read posts in a couple of right-wing forums, and they're mostly about how to overthrow the GOP leadership and/or the need for a third-party savior to rise from the dust bin of politics.

I KNOW those sort of things will splinter the right of center vote and benefit the Democrats. It's historical fact.

I have to wonder whether people posting those things over and over again are not actually Democrats fostering discord in order to benefit their own.

I don't understand why the GOP leadership doesn't throw the "conservatives" a bone every now and then.  I don't mean when they pander and say the right things to win re-election - I mean after the election, in Washington DC.  The far right and their neighbors in the Republican party are large enough in number that they do create a bit of noise.  To ignore, or to thumb your nose at them is bound to create conflict in the party.  The Democrats know they have to keep their far left elements somewhat happy, but the Republicans expect a significant number in their party to sit down and shut up. 

It's the people's government and the parties should respect the will of the people that elected them.  If you are saying the the majority of people in the GOP stand for a large and powerful Federal government that is involved in regulating every aspect of our lives - then that is a problem for a great many of us - and you can expect that there will be many who will not support that. 

Whether it is true or not, the GOP has not projected a vision of what they want to see for our country.  To blame the voters is suicide.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2015, 02:12:38 pm »
I'll vote for the person who wins the nomination, irrespective of who that is.

I'll admit that I will massively cringe if it happens to be Huckabee.

Ditto
Support the USO

Offline Longiron

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2015, 02:55:38 pm »
Absolutely.  I think that he will run and perhaps even 3rd party. The article states that he never formed an "exploratory" committee and he is definitely courageous enough to do so.  Either way, my hunch is he already has the financial backing.

DITTO and hopefully the next POTUS. Talk about shaking up DC?????. The country needs him??

Offline Longiron

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2015, 02:57:54 pm »

Second Tier???? Who is First Tier JEB or The Fat GUY ???

Offline musiclady

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2015, 03:01:58 pm »

This seems to be an appropriate point to state what Pat Grey (on Glenn Beck) pointed out.....

Ted Cruz sounds like Dana Carvey imitating George H. W. Bush.

Sorry, but that's an image problem.   :dx1:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2015, 03:12:16 pm »
This seems to be an appropriate point to state what Pat Grey (on Glenn Beck) pointed out.....

Ted Cruz sounds like Dana Carvey imitating George H. W. Bush.

Sorry, but that's an image problem.   :dx1:

Hillary Clinton sounds like a shrew's claws on a blackboard, yet many concede that she would win against any GOP contender.  Can we stop letting the media pick our candidates, please?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2015, 03:17:07 pm »
Second Tier???? Who is First Tier JEB or The Fat GUY ???

My personal order of preference:

Walker, Paul (tie) first.  Paul because I agree with him more than anyone else, and Walker because I think he is the best consensus candidate.  After that, Perry.  After that, Carson.  After that, Cruz.  After that, Bush.  After that, third tier.

I had a very difficult time supporting Romney last time, as many of you will recall.  I did not come on board until about a week before the election.  If Bush were the nominee, I'd have a much easier time supporting him than I did Romney.  Nothing Bush did as governor of Florida approaches Romneycare in terms of hideousness, from my point of view.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2015, 03:20:27 pm »
Can we stop letting the media pick our candidates, please?

But then we would have to start thinking for ourselves...   

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2015, 03:23:46 pm »
But then we would have to start thinking for ourselves...

True.  We'd have to stop with the knee-jerk reactions.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2015, 03:31:50 pm »

I guess Ross Perot is your historical fact. This is not the 90's, different times and way different people. Lets play nice and elect another member of the ONE party system and hope for different results. That will sure work just like in the mid terms of 2014. Or better yet lets try and take over the RINOGOP ??? that will work! One thing we conservatives have no say in the PUB convention. That was taken away with MITTENS turn. Well let see, we can do it in the Rino primary , yep that is the key. Well little problem the primary it can be fixed with the RINOGOP, DEMS united to keep Conservatives out. Remember MS and it can happen anywhere. But we cannot do that 3rd party thing because it will take to long??? so again, lets elect another member of the RINOGOP and hope for different results, Oh I said that before and was looking for different result! :chairbang:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 03:34:34 pm by Longiron »