Author Topic: ‘Goodbye To His Presidential Career’: Glenn Beck SLAMS Carson Over Gay Choice Comment  (Read 1053 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/06/goodbye-to-his-presidential-career-glenn-beck-slams-carson-over-gay-choice-comment-audio/?print=1

‘Goodbye To His Presidential Career’: Glenn Beck SLAMS Carson Over Gay Choice Comment [AUDIO]
Posted By Al Weaver On 5:27 PM 03/06/2015

If Glenn Beck is right, Ben Carson’s political career could be over before it even starts.

On his radio show Friday, Beck slammed Carson’s remarks earlier in the week that being gay is “absolutely” a choice. Beck called Carson’s remarks “the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard,” while telling his listeners to say “goodbye to his presidential career.”

On Monday, Carson told CNN’s Chris Cuomo that being gay is a choice, telling him that people “go into prison straight, and when they come out, they’re gay.”

“Goodbye to his presidential career. It’s over. It’s over. There is no way to recover from that. That just sounds like a lunatic,” Beck said. “That is just a ridiculous statement on a million fronts. A ridiculous statement.”

“It’s not just that he didn’t see [the question] coming,” Beck continued. “It’s that he just thought that was a good answer. That was good enough for him. Just — I’m at a cocktail party and I’m talking to a friend and they say ‘well yeah, you know, you go to prison and you’re straight, you get out and you’re gay,’ don’t you look at your friend — I don’t care if he’s the guy who works at the 7-Eleven, he’s not running for president ever — don’t you go, ‘That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard’?”

LISTEN: at above link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

It's important we begin to coalesce early around someone whose proven successful in at least a state-wide campaign. This is no time to roll the dice on an unknown. And in that light I'm glad Carson's candidacy hit a brick wall well before it got a chance to really screw things up for other conservative candidates.

Offline evadR

Amen.  I admire Dr. Carson for his accomplishments in his chosen profession but aside from that, I know nothing about the man.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
It's important we begin to coalesce early around someone whose proven successful in at least a state-wide campaign. This is no time to roll the dice on an unknown. And in that light I'm glad Carson's candidacy hit a brick wall well before it got a chance to really screw things up for other conservative candidates.

Completely agree with you ac.  That includes Santorum, Huckabee and a few others.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline libertybele

Completely agree with you ac.  That includes Santorum, Huckabee and a few others.

Santorum is hardly an unknown. He's was a U.S. Senator --- 3rd ranking Senator and finished 2nd in the race against Romney.  I think he would have made and would make an excellent president.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 03:20:54 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

Santorum is hardly an unknown. He's was a U.S. Senator --- 3rd ranking Senator and finished 2nd in the race against Romney.  I think he would have made and would make an excellent president.

I understood Alice was agreeing about coalescing early around a few 'electable' conservative candidates.

Just because they are (or say) they are conservative doesn't mean they're the best person for the job (or have a chance of being elected). Look at Romney. He took himself out early but I still think he would make the best president, on his business background alone.

Santorum? Nice guy, but we can do better.

Offline sinkspur

Santorum is a screwball, as is Carson. Hell, Santorum got massacred in his last run for Senate in PA.

Carson eliminated himself with his squishy stance on guns.  He should run for mayor somewhere.  Non-politicians have no business cutting their elective teeth on the highest office in the land.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline evadR

but we can do better.

WORD!
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

It's important we begin to coalesce early around someone whose proven successful in at least a state-wide campaign.
That is pretty much my standard as well.  I also like to see a candidate who has run for President before.  That puts Governor Perry, Senator Santorum, Governor Huckabee, and Governor Kasich in my top tier as likely winners of the nomination.  I also give points to Senator Paul and Governor Bush because of their influential families with experience running for President, but I'm still holding out hope Governor Walker can weather his front runner status to the finish line.

Offline flowers

:beer:

Oceander

Being gay isn't a choice.

Offline aligncare

Being gay isn't a choice.

Being gay is no more a choice than being heterosexual is a choice.

Offline flowers

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The Liberals lay traps for the troubadours who get killed before they reach Bombay.

Every time a Republican candidate starts a campaign, the Libs will hit them with the traps, especially if they are amateurs. 

Whenever a Lib asks a Republican about:
Evolution
Abortion/Rape
Homosexuality
Birth Control
Jesus/God
Obama
etc.

It does not matter how they answer or what they say. They will be pummeled regardless. With questions like these, the Libs are throwing the tennis ball up in the air, in preparation to slam the answer over the net. Even if you give the Lib answers it will not help. They'll still kill you. "Mr. X tried to tone down his feelings on abortion ..."

These questions are intended to drag the Republican into quicksand where, hopefully, they will get stuck, forever explaining why they feel that way, or 'what they really meant'.

I am always amazed by how many Pubs fall for this canard as Carson did. 

BTW, a Liberal would never ask another Liberal about anything on this list. It only applies to neanderthal Republicans. Liberals assume that fellow Liberals obey the Liberal dogma and therefore are on the right side of these subjects.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

While I believe in the concept of a "citizen president," the truth is we need someone who has been in public office and accomplished something. That's why governors usually are the best choices. That's also why Walker and Kasich are more realistic candidates than Carson (not saying I'm a Kasich fan, but I noticed he's appearing in NH, so he's clearly in the hunt).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Ben Carson isn't REALLY running for President. He is starting a lucrative entertainment/media second career, following the Pat Buchanan, Sarah Palin, Donald Trump, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum, Herb Cain business model.

For years to come he will be invited to comment on cable television, and this is how to kick off that career.

They don't even have to actually run. They can keep themselves in the news with a promise to consider and possibly run.

I wish McCain or another senior member of the GOP would go out publicly to say "we need to cut this list down by half in a few months. This is ridiculous."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln