Author Topic: Police in This State Are Being Required to Learn Spanish… OR ELSE!  (Read 941 times)

rangerrebew

Police in This State Are Being Required to Learn Spanish… OR ELSE!

By TPIWriter |  10,140 views

America’s language is English. That is the global language of business and success. But thanks to political correctness, police officers in Jackson, Mississippi are being required to take Spanish classes every year or face serious disciplinary actions. Outrageous!

Why don’t we expect people in America to learn our language? Should these officers be learning Arabic too?

The Jackson, Miss. Police Department is now requiring its officers to take a Spanish language course four times a year as a condition of employment.

“The purpose of this program is for our officers to learn basic commands,” police Chief Lee Vance told Fox News Latino. “We’re not looking to make anybody fluent.”

The quarterly classes are only two hours long, which Vance admits “will definitely not get them there,” but said it’s at least a beginning.

“The program is designed for people who have no knowledge of the Spanish language,” Dr. Brian Phillips said, who is one of the class’s volunteer instructors. He believes it’s critical for all first responders to learn Spanish.

“Anytime you have a life-threatening situation, you could be causing problems for that person who does not understand the system when there is a language barrier,” Phillips added.

Leaders in the Hispanic community hail the department’s efforts.

“There’s been a major problem throughout the state,” said Mississippi Immigrant Rights Alliance Executive Director Bill Chandler. “Latino immigrants have been reluctant to call law enforcement.”

Karla Vazquez, a legal assistant and interpreter for a local law firm agrees.

“I’ve been here [in Mississippi] since 2005 and I can see there is a lot of miscommunication,” said Vazquez, who grew up in Mexico. “I see it with police officers and I see it in court.”

But others argue that the department is placing the responsibility to be able to communicate effectively on the wrong group.

“We should be encouraging legal immigrants to become citizens learning English,” said Bob Dane, spokesperson for the Federation for American Immigration Reform. “It is a disincentive for immigrants to learn English when we fully accommodate their every need and the language of their choice.”

Whatever happened to, “When in Rome, do as the Romans do”?

via BizPac Review

For America to continue being the great “melting pot,” we must require people living here to learn English. Our Constitution is being shredded by a lawless President, and there are millions of illegal immigrants flooding over the Southern border. That makes America less safe, and it puts unnecessary burdens on local communities… such as this police station in Mississippi.

What do you think of requiring police officers to learn Spanish? Please leave us a comment and tell us what you think!

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/police-in-this-state-are-being-required-to-learn-spanish-or-else/#ixzz3TWzg7iWy

rangerrebew

Re: Police in This State Are Being Required to Learn Spanish… OR ELSE!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 04:57:13 pm »
How screwed up is this?  Police are to learn Spanish to communicate but not the immigrants.  What is wrong with this country? :soangry:

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 05:23:59 pm »
What is wrong with this country?

Gone to hell

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 06:32:36 pm »
Police in This State Are Being Required to Learn Spanish… OR ELSE!

I'm sure that's easier than requiring all of those undocumented Democrats to learn English...     :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 07:26:14 pm »
The elementary school my son went to (he's now in middle school) began 2-years ago teaching half the day in English and the half of the day in Spanish beginning in Kindergarten and 1st grade and adding a grade each year until eventually it is done all the way through 6th grade. Also, all signs in the school now are in English and Spanish. This is what they call their Spanish Emersion.

The school does not even have a high percentage of Hispanic kids, less than 6%,  and most if not all of those kids speak English.

So what gives?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 07:42:06 pm »
Invasion by another name – multiculturalism.

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 09:39:47 pm »
Invasion by another name – multiculturalism.

Or immersion.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 02:00:22 am »
Fishrrman's credo:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.

The reality is that two hours per quarter isn't really much time out of an officer's life, particularly if it's paid duty time.

Also reality is that there is a very good chance that officers are going to be in situations in which they will deal with illegals with little knowledge of English.

So, better to have the officers be able to speak some rudimentary phrases, which will make such encounters a bit easier, and possibly less dangerous.

Of course I don't like the illegals being here any more than most folks do.
But those same folks would chide me if I said "round up the illegals and send them all home!".
And the same folks would tell me that "building a wall", the idea of which I was one of the first people in the country to advocate, is impossible or ridiculous.

If doing such things are impossible, better instead do something that accomodates the results of the proclaimed "impossibility".

Aside:
Just saw a blurb on Drudge claiming that in a very short time, white births in the USA will drop to minority status. No one's going to stop this, so might as well consider the inevitability of "what's coming"...