Author Topic: National Youth Non-Profit: “Whiteness Has Always Been An Identity Of Antagonism”  (Read 344 times)

rangerrebew

National Youth Non-Profit: “Whiteness Has Always Been An Identity Of Antagonism”

By V. Saxena, March 3, 2015.

I used to believe that being white meant being of a lighter skin tone than me, a brown-skinned Southeast Indian. But then I read the words of Linda Chavers, a contributor for the Scenarios national youth non-profit who explained that “whiteness has always been an identity of antagonism.”

She made this enlightening statement while explaining how it hurt her so much when someone crossed out “Black Lives Matter” and replaced it with “All Lives Matter”:

And there it is. That very crossing out is exactly what #BlackLivesMatter is about. Because to say that we exist, that we are full-fledged human beings – somehow that confirmation is an affront. How this came to be is much too much to even begin to fully address. Just know that whiteness has always been an identity of antagonism — of crossing out others in order to exist.

. . . Look what happens when we affirm our humanity. It’s crossed out, it is suppressed. It is called oppressive. Just let that sit for a moment. It is considered oppressive if I, a black person, say or do anything that acknowledges my blackness.

The premise therefore is that valuing all lives, versus just black lives, amounts to the “crossing out of others in order to exist.”

I clearly must have failed English 101, because I erroneously thought that the term ‘all’ means EVERYTHING, as in whites, blacks, Hispanics, Asians, etc. My bad!

I find her rhetoric about antagonism to be extraordinarily ironic, given that the only people engaging in antagonistic behavior happen to be the “Black Lives Matter”protesters, who if you recall go out of their way to harass little children, among others.

These also happen to be the same goons who once chanted, “What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want it? Now!”

And let’s not forget how they once taunted injured soldier Joe Sheehan.

Am I insinuating that all “Black Lives Matter” protesters are antagonistic goons lacking in brain matter? Naw, because unlike Linda Chavers, I prefer not to either distort the truth or engage in generalizations . . .

http://downtrend.com/vsaxena/whiteness-identity-of-antagonism
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:00:07 am by rangerrebew »