Author Topic: Rick Perry's Message to CPAC: 'We Will Survive the Obama Years'  (Read 2456 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=627305

Newsmax
Rick Perry's Message to CPAC: 'We Will Survive the Obama Years'
Friday, February 27, 2015 11:33 AM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

The president is bowing to "political correctness" in denial of the threats the nation is facing, and making "grave miscalculations" that are making the world less safe, former Texas Gov. Rick Perry told the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) audience Friday morning.

"This administration's incompetence in Iraq and Syria have allowed the emergence of ISIS," said Perry, one of a large group of potential GOP presidential candidates addressing conservative activists this week at the annual conference.

ISIS fighters, Perry pointed out, are part of a religious movement that "seeks to take the world back to the 7th century. Their aims are apocalyptic...they mean to cleanse the world."

To do that, "they're using American tanks, they're using American weapons, and ISIS began taking cities that just a few years ago that were secured by American blood," Perry said.

But President Barack Obama has declared in the State of the Union address that the ISIS advance stopped, Perry said, and the president is denying the fundamental religious nature of the ISIS fight.

"It is naive, it is dangerous, and it is misguided," he said. "ISIS represents the worst threat to freedom since Communism. If Egypt and Jordan recognize that they are at war with radical Islam, isn't it about time our president proclaimed the same?"

Further, said Perry, it is not in the interest of peace to allow Iran to develop nuclear weapons as being indicated in reports about the bilateral negotiations going on with the Middle Eastern country.

The discussions should have two principles, that Iran not be allowed to develop nuclear weapons and that Israel has the right to exist as a Jewish state, said Perry.

Meanwhile, Russian President Vladimir Putin is watching the developments unfold, Perry contended, and the "red line" Obama drew and then allowed to be crossed in Syria led to a "backdrop of weakness and empty words" that allowed Putin to enter Ukraine and to negotiate a one-sided ceasefire in Minsk.

"Here's the simple truth about our foreign policy: Our allies doubt us and our adversaries are all too willing to test us," Perry said, and nobody should be surprised that dictators aren't afraid "because the president won't even defend the line that separates our nation from Mexico."

Perry also made a call for border security, pointing out that when the Obama administration would not secure the border last summer as Texas was being flooded with immigrants, he ordered in the National Guard to do the job.

The Texas governor, saying there is nothing wrong with the nation that better leaders won't solve, also called for fiscal responsibility in the government.

"For the first time in American history, a generation of leaders is on the verge of breaking the social compact with the next generation, and that is to leave a better country and with greater opportunity than the way we found it," Perry said, later pointing out his record of success with the Texas economy. "Our nation is involved with generational theft. There are fewer of us that believe in the American Dream than any time in the last 20 years."

"We had a civil war in this country. We had two World Wars. We had a Great Depression. We even survived Jimmy Carter," he said. "We will survive the Obama years, too."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: Rick Perry's Message to CPAC: 'We Will Survive the Obama Years'
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 05:42:02 pm »
Good grief, he is delusional. NO we won't survive.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 06:07:04 pm »
"This administration's incompetence in Iraq and Syria have allowed the emergence of ISIS,"

If he really believes that he is in fact delusional and unfit to be president! 

Incompetence has NOTHING to do with it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 06:07:54 pm »
I agree.  Take a look at the destruction already incurred by this president.  I don't see that we will survive till the next general election.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline evadR

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 06:17:07 pm »
When a nation reaches a point where more than half of it's citizenry are on the government dole, it will not survive.

Wake up Rick, your words are foolish.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 06:26:02 pm »
Perry is right and you know he is. Yes, you will survive Obama. If you can't cope with some tinpot little shit, go back to your fainting couch.

I happen to believe in American Exceptionalism and the American Spirit. Not seeing much of either round here lately.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 06:28:29 pm »

What percentage of Great Britain's voters are on some kind of dole these days, EC?  Roughly...

« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 06:28:57 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 06:31:01 pm »
Perry is right and you know he is. Yes, you will survive Obama. If you can't cope with some tinpot little shit, go back to your fainting couch.

I happen to believe in American Exceptionalism and the American Spirit. Not seeing much of either round here lately.

I'm not taking exception to the FACT that we will survive Obama! I'm taking exception to the idea that what Obama has done is due to I N C O M P E T E N C E ! ! ! 

Nothing could be further from the truth!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 06:33:18 pm »
I don't see that we will survive till the next general election.

And if Bambi says there won't be another general election... who is going to stop him?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 06:37:00 pm »

I hardly call purposefully dumping thousands of illegals into our neighborhoods, amnesty via executive orders, gun control via executive orders, 4 dead Americans, IRS targeting conservatives, ISIS in our neighborhoods, catering to the Muslim Brotherhood, etc., etc., as some tinpot little shit. 

Hate to break it to you, but I see a whole of us who believe in American Exceptionalism and have the American Spirit being rounded up by U.N. troops and put in American gulags.

Oh wait ... sorry... that's just some tinpot little shit!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline flowers

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 06:54:15 pm »

I hardly call purposefully dumping thousands of illegals into our neighborhoods, amnesty via executive orders, gun control via executive orders, 4 dead Americans, IRS targeting conservatives, ISIS in our neighborhoods, catering to the Muslim Brotherhood, etc., etc., as some tinpot little shit. 

Hate to break it to you, but I see a whole of us who believe in American Exceptionalism and have the American Spirit being rounded up by U.N. troops and put in American gulags.

Oh wait ... sorry... that's just some tinpot little shit!
I agree fully. No EC he is more than a tinpot little hillary.

Offline flowers

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 06:55:48 pm »
And if Bambi says there won't be another general election... who is going to stop him?
Exactly.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 07:03:06 pm »

That is scary BUT true. Next year he might issue an Executive order as such and who will stop him??? It sure as hell not going to be the RINOGOP????.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 07:53:35 pm »
I nominate this for the daily "hair on fire" thread.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 07:59:27 pm »
I despise Obama as much as the next guy here. But, even Democrats wouldn't stand for a breach of public trust like that. I guarantee you that Pennsylvania Avenue would be clogged with protesters demanding the removal of emperor Barry.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 09:20:11 pm »
I despise Obama as much as the next guy here. But, even Democrats wouldn't stand for a breach of public trust like that. I guarantee you that Pennsylvania Avenue would be clogged with protesters demanding the removal of emperor Barry.

Are you kidding?  Pennsylvania Ave would be clogged with Democrats celebrating Barry's eternal presidency...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 09:25:04 pm »

A country that re-elects Obama is no longer exceptional and has lost its spirit. The 2012 elections disprove your belief.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 09:39:22 pm »
I nominate this for the daily "hair on fire" thread.

If Obama can say, “What we’ve done is we’ve expanded my authorities under executive action and prosecutorial discretion..." and your hair ISN'T on fire, there probably isn't much that you won't go along with...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2015, 01:35:42 am »

Align as much as I would like to think that Pennsylvania Avenue would be clogged with protesters demanding his removal; "they" are prepared to deal with the opposition and besides I just don't see people  taking a stand.

Democrats wouldn't stand for a breach of public trust?  I'm not sure I follow you on that one.  How much of a breach of trust was involved in Benghazi, the IRS scandal, VA scandal,  executive amnesty, etc?  Nope ... don't see them assembling down Pennsylvania Avenue to halt their "king".  Especially since there are those that have tried to push for an amendment to allow a 3rd term for presidency.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2015, 01:59:25 am »
If Obama can say, “What we’ve done is we’ve expanded my authorities under executive action and prosecutorial discretion..." and your hair ISN'T on fire, there probably isn't much that you won't go along with...

Well said! I couldn't agree more!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2015, 02:37:11 am »
Gourmet Dan asks above:
[[ And if Bambi says there won't be another general election... who is going to stop him? ]]

That's a good question Dan. Two years ago, most on the right would laugh at you for asking it. But I wonder if that laughter isn't dying down a bit as of late...

Who would (or could) stop him? OK, I'll bite.

The military could. Time for everyone on this forum to watch (or re-watch) "Seven Days in May".

The states could.
If enough of them banded together and issued an ultimatum, that he leave, or.... they would. Of course, the country went through that once before and we all know how that turned out. But as they say, previous performance doesn't guarantee future results...

There are others, in the federal government, who could act. Whether they -would- or not, well, no way to tell...

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 02:57:45 am »
Who would (or could) stop him? OK, I'll bite.

I'm thinking there are plenty of ways to create a crisis that would 'justify' a 'temporary delay' in the electoral process and anybody opposing that would be crucified in the media and in here...

Offline aligncare

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 04:27:29 am »
I'm thinking there are plenty of ways to create a crisis that would 'justify' a 'temporary delay' in the electoral process and anybody opposing that would be crucified in the media and in here...

Well, I didn't bring my mallet and stakes, but I just don't ever see anything like that ever happening – not even The One could pull that off.

The 22nd amendment, enacted after Franklin D Roosevelt was elected president for the fourth time, imposes a two-term limit on presidential candidates and was established to formalize a tradition George Washington started by refusing to run for a third term in 1796.

The 22nd Amendment states that no person elected president and no person to hold the office of president for more than two years is allowed to be elected more than once more.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 05:30:23 am »
I think I could make a pretty good case that America was worse off under the administrations of Johnson or Carter than it is today.  The sky is not falling.  Thanks to EC and aligncare for injecting some sanity to this wacky thread.

I thought Perry sounded very Presidential in his remarks.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2015, 05:37:28 am »

Thank you, EC!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald