Author Topic: Matthews: Netanyahu Started ‘Crapstorm,’ Should Apologize  (Read 951 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Matthews: Netanyahu Started ‘Crapstorm,’ Should Apologize
« on: February 26, 2015, 03:23:20 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/02/25/matthews-netanyahu-started-crapstorm-should-apologize/

by Ian Hanchett25 Feb 2015

On Wednesday, MSNBC’s “Hardball” host Chris Matthews said that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu should apologize for the “crapstorm” he started regarding his speech before Congress.

Matthews said, “Let me finish tonight with this crapstorm that has Netanyahu has started. All the Prime Minister had to do to avoid all this fighting with Washington was to speak out. That’s what he could have done, speak out the second he heard that the invitation for him to address the US Congress was issued without the knowledge of the American President. All he had to do was say ‘I will only come if this invitation is bipartisan, and certainly only if the President of the United States has approved it.’ All he had to do was that just say, ‘I don’t like the way this thing has been handled. I had no intention to do this under the table. No intention of disrespecting the President of the United States. Because, even if we disagree, I will not abuse the historic ties between our two countries, with Democrats and Republicans alike.'”

He concluded, “well, here’s a thought, the Prime Minister can now say, right at the front of his remarks next week, that he didn’t know. Nobody told him that the president was not duly informed of his invitation, and he is sorry the whole thing went the way it did. Just say you didn’t know this thing was carried out in the dark. That’s if you were not party to this subterfuge. If, Mr. Prime Minister, you knew from the outset that this was all a way to blindside the president and therefore humiliate him, well that’s the problem, isn’t it.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Matthews: Netanyahu Started ‘Crapstorm,’ Should Apologize
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 03:48:16 pm »
Hey Chris!  There's a SIGNIFICANT number of Americans that don't give a damn about humiliating or bothering our DickTater Obama!  What we care about is the future of America and the rest of the world.  Shut the hell up.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 03:59:37 pm »
Hey Chris!  There's a SIGNIFICANT number of Americans that don't give a damn about humiliating or bothering our DickTater Obama!  What we care about is the future of America and the rest of the world.  Shut the hell up.

:facepalm2:   

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 04:05:25 pm »

Matthews said, “Let me finish tonight with this crapstorm that has Netanyahu has started. All the Prime Minister had to do to avoid all this fighting with Washington was to speak out. That’s what he could have done, speak out the second he heard that the invitation for him to address the US Congress was issued without the knowledge of the American President.

I thought it had been reported that the White Hut was notified but had failed to respond...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 04:35:53 pm »
I thought it had been reported that the White Hut was notified but had failed to respond...

That's true. But, Matthews is a classic drive-by. You don't expect him to deal in facts do you?

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 04:38:55 pm »
That's true. But, Matthews is a classic drive-by. You don't expect him to deal in facts do you?

I would expect someone in the media to point out the lie, given the media's renewed interest in accuracy...  /s

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 04:41:25 pm »

Boehner admitted on some Sunday talk show (it might have been the one on Fox) that the WH was not advised of the invitation because he (Boehner) didn't want the White House screwing this up.   :shrug:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 04:44:44 pm »
Nobody watches Chris Matthews. 

Why shine a light on him?

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 04:45:17 pm »

Exactly!  Besides, the Congress does NOT work for the president.