Author Topic: GOP Concedes to Obama on Net Neutrality  (Read 9318 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: GOP Concedes to Obama on Net Neutrality
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2015, 08:17:11 pm »
...and one more: What is wrong with the Internet that needs new government regulations?

It doesn't need new regulations. We should leave the internet and net neutrality alone. How many times do I need to reiterate the fact that I don't agree with them regulating the internet? Net neutrality and the regulations they want to impose are two different things. Net neutrality good, regulations bad.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 08:19:41 pm by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline flowers

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2015, 08:22:40 pm »
So you support net neutrality but oppose the new regulations?
I don't support ANYTHING that gives the federal  government more control.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 08:25:43 pm by flowers »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2015, 08:23:53 pm »
I am counting the days, until this very site is shut down. And all of our names and addresses and posts are delivered to Soros/Obama government.

It is easy to say in hyperbole and rhetorical speech, that America is becoming the new Soviet Union, but in real terms it does seem to be happening now.

God help us all. This is not good.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2015, 08:28:38 pm »

Agreed...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2015, 08:33:21 pm »
I am counting the days, until this very site is shut down. And all of our names and addresses and posts are delivered to Soros/Obama government.

It is easy to say in hyperbole and rhetorical speech, that America is becoming the new Soviet Union, but in real terms it does seem to be happening now.

God help us all. This is not good.
Yep

Offline Carling

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2015, 08:37:47 pm »
So you support net neutrality but oppose the new regulations?

What are these new regulations?  Have you read them?  You'd be one of the few people in the country who has, if so.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Dexter

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2015, 08:39:02 pm »

Net neutrality does not give the government more control. Getting rid of it will open doors that will lead to giving the government more control. I am almost as bad as Dan when it comes to my beliefs about how corrupt the government truly is. The very last thing I want is for the government to have control over the internet.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 08:42:03 pm by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2015, 08:40:48 pm »
What are these new regulations?  Have you read them?  You'd be one of the few people in the country who has, if so.

I don't know what they are and I don't support them. Nowhere in this thread have I indicated even once that I support these new regulations. What I have said is that net neutrality is currently the law of the land and that any attempt to alter that is bad. 
-Socrates

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2015, 08:46:25 pm »
Whenever the GOP is in the minority, they are either steamrolled by a Democrat majority or intimidated by the news media from filibustering anything, lest the children starve and Grandma freeze to death.  When the GOP is in the majority, they surrender control of the agenda to the Democrat majority, under endless threat of filibuster.

Granted, the situation would be far better if we were to have a Republican president, but we're never going to get a Repubican president unless someone in the GOP leadership suddenly grows a set, finds a spine and experiences a sudden fit of strategic political comprehension.

Additionally, we now have a Federal executive branch bureaucracy that is apparently free to operate as a super-Legislature, accountable to no one but the President, whose will they are carrying out.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Dexter

« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2015, 09:00:23 pm »
Mark Cuban apparently does not realize we already have net neutrality. That seems to be what a lot of people here don't understand as well. He's arguing as if net neutrality is some kind of big government regulation that has not passed yet. Net neutrality is simply the equal treatment of all information on the internet. Does anybody here seriously think it is a good idea to allow the prioritization of information we have access to? The government already has control of what we see on TV; is that really what we want for the internet as well? By arguing against net neutrality you are arguing for large corporations and the government to be able to control what we see online. Come on people; please educate yourselves. If we lose control of the internet it's over.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:15:30 pm by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2015, 09:10:30 pm »
BECK: You have The Fairness Doctrine again.

CUBAN: In a lot of respects yes, applied to the Internet.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Dexter

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2015, 09:12:52 pm »
BECK: You have The Fairness Doctrine again.

CUBAN: In a lot of respects yes, applied to the Internet.

Nothing is going to change because we've always had net neutrality. It is the cable companies that want to change how the internet works and limit what we can and can't see.
-Socrates

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2015, 09:14:53 pm »
Mark Cuban apparently does not realize we already have net neutrality. That seems to be what a lot of people here don't understand as well. He's arguing as if net neutrality is some kind of big government regulation that has not passed yet. Net neutrality is simply the equal treatment of all information on the internet. Does anybody here seriously think it is a good idea to allow the prioritization of information we have access to? The government already has control of what we see on TV; is that really what we want for the internet as well? Come on people; please educate yourselves. If we lose control of the internet it's over.

You really think that Cuban doesn't realize that?

If what you say is true, then why is there a need for an additional 300+ pages of crap they won't let anyone see before they vote on it?

If you think that 300 pages of government regulations boils down to "the equal treatment of all information on the internet" you're smoking stuff that's not been legalized in my State yet.

Offline flowers

« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2015, 09:15:47 pm »
Nothing is going to change because we've always had net neutrality. It is the cable companies that want to change how the internet works and limit what we can and can't see.
No it is the FCC/valjar regime that wants to change how it works.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2015, 09:16:12 pm »

You must then be the only person in the US that's read those 300+ pages outside the 5 Bozos on the FCC board.

P.S. I don't for a minute believe they've read them either.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:18:00 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Dexter

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2015, 09:17:51 pm »
You really think that Cuban doesn't realize that?

No, I think he's deliberately misleading people that don't completely understand the issue.

If what you say is true, then why is there a need for an additional 300+ pages of crap they won't let anyone see before they vote on it?

There isn't a need for it. I've said probably five times than I don't support the 300+ pages of regulations we can't see.

300 pages of government regulations boils down to "the equal treatment of all information on the internet" you're smoking stuff that's not been legalized in my State yet.

You apparently have not read anything I've said in this thread.

-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2015, 09:19:04 pm »
You must then be the only person in the US that's read those 300+ pages outside the 5 Bozos on the FCC board.

P.S. I don't for a minute believe they've read them either.

When I said "nothing is going to change" I meant through the continued preservation of net neutrality. I don't support the FCC regulations. I am so sick of repeating myself.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2015, 09:19:59 pm »
No it is the FCC/valjar regime that wants to change how it works.

We've always had net neutrality. The cable companies want to take that away so they can prioritize the information we have access to.
-Socrates

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2015, 09:21:03 pm »
No, I think he's deliberately misleading people that don't completely understand the issue.

So, according to you I'm to believe that the guys voting on the 300+ pages of new regulations, fees, etc that they won't let anyone read are telling the truth by not telling us a thing, but Cuban is engaged in some level of conspiracy to hide the truth by telling us what net neutrality will do?

It's a stretch, don't you think?

Offline Dexter

« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2015, 09:22:31 pm »
So, according to you I'm to believe that the guys voting on the 300+ pages of new regulations, fees, etc that they won't let anyone read are telling the truth by not telling us a thing, but Cuban is engaged in some level of conspiracy to hide the truth by telling us what net neutrality will do?

It's a stretch, don't you think?

Please for the love of God read what I am saying man. I do not support the FCC regulations. We KNOW what net neutrality will do because it is and always has been how the internet functions. There is no unknown factor because we have never not had net neutrality. It is the people that want to get rid of net neutrality that are fighting for what will lead to government control of the internet.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:25:35 pm by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline aligncare

« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2015, 09:24:55 pm »
"net neutrality" is a come-on term used to put a smiley face on the poisonous FCC regulations to follow.

Yes, we all love our Internet just the way it is. So, why invite the federal government in?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2015, 09:25:22 pm »
Please for the love of God read what I am saying man. I do not support the FCC regulations.

Isn't the topic of this thread the new regulations that the FCC is voting to pass?

My comments, and Cuban's comments, are aimed strictly at this new level of regulations being voted on.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2015, 09:26:09 pm »
"net neutrality" is a come-on term used to put a smiley face on the poisonous FCC regulations to follow.

Yes, we all love our Internet just the way it is. So, why invite the federal government in?

Exactly.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2015, 09:26:22 pm »
Isn't the topic of this thread the new regulations that the FCC is voting to pass?

My comments, and Cuban's comments, are aimed strictly at this new level of regulations being voted on.

Do you believe net neutrality and the regulations the FCC wants to pass are the same thing? If not, do you support net neutrality as it is right now?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:30:11 pm by Dex4974 »
-Socrates