Author Topic: GOP INSIDERS: PRO-AMNESTY CANDIDATE ‘CAN’T WIN’ NOMINATION  (Read 830 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP INSIDERS: PRO-AMNESTY CANDIDATE ‘CAN’T WIN’ NOMINATION
« on: February 23, 2015, 01:53:05 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/22/gop-insiders-pro-amnesty-candidate-cant-win-nomination/

by TONY LEE22 Feb 2015

Republican insiders believe that any candidate who is labeled as pro-amnesty will not win the 2016 nomination, conceding how strongly GOP primary voters are opposed to illegal immigration and amnesty for illegal immigrants.

After surveying political insiders from the early primary states, Politico noted that “many insiders argue that anyone who is perceived as supporting amnesty can’t win.” Other insiders reportedly noted, though, that “there are very few candidates who have been totally pure on the issue.”

In New Hampshire, for instance, a Saint Anselm College poll recently found that 41% of GOP primary voters view Jeb Bush’s pro-amnesty immigration stance as a “deal-killer.” Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, who has been leading in some New Hampshire and Iowa polls, will also have to answer for his past support for the McCain-Kennedy comprehensive amnesty bill and a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: GOP INSIDERS: PRO-AMNESTY CANDIDATE ‘CAN’T WIN’ NOMINATION
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 02:33:24 pm »
As others have noted, anti-amnesty candidates have no candidate in the race this year. The last time this was a big issue, 2008, the two leading anti-amnesty candidates (Hunter and Tancredo) polled a combined 1% of the vote.

So, given the record, and as sad as it is, a pro-amnesty candidate not only can win the nomination, but will.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 02:41:43 pm »
As others have noted, anti-amnesty candidates have no candidate in the race this year. The last time this was a big issue, 2008, the two leading anti-amnesty candidates (Hunter and Tancredo) polled a combined 1% of the vote.

So, given the record, and as sad as it is, a pro-amnesty candidate not only can win the nomination, but will.

I think we gotta take into account BO... he really took the oxygen out of the air and as much as I like Hunter, he was kinda drab next to BO.
I just hope some of the BO voters have seen the light...

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 02:49:35 pm »
I think we gotta take into account BO... he really took the oxygen out of the air and as much as I like Hunter, he was kinda drab next to BO.
I just hope some of the BO voters have seen the light...

I think the whole Obama/Unaccompanied Minors incident opened some people's eyes that weren't open before.  I think the tide turned against unbridled amnesty then.  The media portrayed Americans as the ones not vaccinating their children, but most people were able to make the connection themselves.  I sensed a sea change then.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 03:00:31 pm »
I think the whole Obama/Unaccompanied Minors incident opened some people's eyes that weren't open before.  I think the tide turned against unbridled amnesty then.  The media portrayed Americans as the ones not vaccinating their children, but most people were able to make the connection themselves.  I sensed a sea change then.

Yes.  Although I have been aware for many years of the corruption in government, the last 6+ years really opened my eye to how prostituted the entire system is and how critical every position is.  We have had GS-15 types rewriting legislation and putting it into effect, BO with is executive edicts and reid with this gross abuse of authority.

Absolutely amazing what they have gotten away with.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 05:17:58 pm »

Things have changed significantly since 2008; the GOP now holds the majority.  Two mid term elections weren't swayed by the pro amnesty voters.  With the threat of ISIS and open borders front and center I don't see people (DEM or REP)  are all warm and fuzzy to the idea of blanket amnesty.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 02:26:04 am »
[[ Republican insiders believe that any candidate who is labeled as pro-amnesty will not win the 2016 nomination, conceding how strongly GOP primary voters are opposed to illegal immigration and amnesty for illegal immigrants. ]]

But... but.... but....

How long ago was it when a few posters in this forum kept telling us that the majority of Americans WANTED a "pathway to amnesty", if not an outright one to citizenship?????

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 03:36:32 am »
[[ Republican insiders believe that any candidate who is labeled as pro-amnesty will not win the 2016 nomination, conceding how strongly GOP primary voters are opposed to illegal immigration and amnesty for illegal immigrants. ]]

But... but.... but....

How long ago was it when a few posters in this forum kept telling us that the majority of Americans WANTED a "pathway to amnesty", if not an outright one to citizenship?????

That's because they were believing the polls that told them so.  Believe the opposite, that's usually more accurate. 

That's sad, isn't it?  Our institutions have absolutely NO credibility anymore.  Everything is a sham.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!