Author Topic: McCain: ‘I’m ashamed of my country’  (Read 1326 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCain: ‘I’m ashamed of my country’
« on: February 22, 2015, 09:09:52 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/233442-mccain-im-ashamed-of-my-country

By Kyle Balluck - 02/22/15 02:13 PM EST
Sen. John McCain on Sunday said he is “ashamed” of the U.S., President Obama and himself for not arming Ukraine’s military in its fight against Russian-backed separatists.

“I believe that the German chancellor and the president of France legitimized for the first time in 70 years the dismemberment of a country in Europe. It's shameful,” McCain said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.” “Vladimir Putin has not paid any price. Even the ceasefire was violated.”

McCain said that “Ukrainians aren't asking for American boots on the ground.”
“That's not the question here. They're asking for weapons to defend themselves. And they are being slaughtered. And their own military's being shattered,” he said.

“This is a shameful chapter. I'm ashamed of my country, I'm ashamed of my president, and I'm ashamed of myself that I haven't done more to help these people,” he added. “It is really, really heartbreaking.”

McCain said the U.S. should give the Ukrainian military “weapons with which to defend themselves.”

“There are Russian tanks in eastern Ukraine that they have no weapon to fight against. Some of the best Russian special forces are there. And they will continue this aggression for as long as they can get away with it. And it's not just the military side,” he said, adding that Ukraine is on the verge of collapse economically as well.

“Vladimir Putin wants Ukraine not to be part of Europe. And he is succeeding in doing so. He's put enormous pressure on the Baltics, not to mention Moldova and continued occupation of Georgia as well. This is really a dark chapter in the history of our alliance.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Re: McCain: ‘I’m ashamed of my country’
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 10:10:11 pm »
Well mcblabber, we are ashamed of you.

The trouble with this whole thing to me is we are not getting the whole story.
Putin is not stupid enough to be so blatant as to attack another country without some sort of covering provocation.
My take is the Ukrainians are likely asking for help with 272,000+ Muslims in their country and we are turning our back.
I obviously have no proof, just my reading of the tea leaves...

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 11:05:33 pm »

Putin is not stupid enough to be so blatant as to attack another country without some sort of covering provocation.
My take is the Ukrainians are likely asking for help with 272,000+ Muslims in their country and we are turning our back.

I also think that Obama's long skinny finger is in there somewhere - stirring things up.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 11:23:32 pm »
Mc Cain is an idiot. He is a stupid fool.

He is so ridiculously apologetic that he actually voted for Obama. Against himself.

A person who is that much of a Fussy, can kiss my ass.

But that is just me.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 11:42:16 pm »
McCain is just fine on this. He is following the post WWII Cold War policy of aiding those who would seek to escape the grasp of olde Mother Russia.

Anybody that makes it personal about McCain is ignoring the substance, and merely repeating Fresno.com mantras.

It is Obama that has turned our foreign policy on its head, and failed to support allies and our interests, and instead bolstered our enemies.

The failure to give arms to Ukraine is one such example.

With weak Obama, Putin is pushing to restore Russia's influence and power, plain and simple.

Reagan wisely sought to use strength, to avoid warfare. It worked.

Conversely Obama is getting people killed all over the place, because of his unwillingness to project American strength until too late.

It is not tea leaves. It is not about McCain, either.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 11:46:09 pm »
McCain is just fine on this. He is following the post WWII Cold War policy of aiding those who would seek to escape the grasp of olde Mother Russia.

Anybody that makes it personal about McCain is ignoring the substance, and merely repeating Fresno.com mantras.

It is Obama that has turned our foreign policy on its head, and failed to support allies and our interests, and instead bolstered our enemies.

The failure to give arms to Ukraine is one such example.

With weak Obama, Putin is pushing to restore Russia's influence and power, plain and simple.

Reagan wisely sought to use strength, to avoid warfare. It worked.

Conversely Obama is getting people killed all over the place, because of his unwillingness to project American strength until too late.

It is not tea leaves. It is not about McCain, either.

Well it is about mcbabble because the article is about him.  Focus!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 01:52:13 am »
He is so ridiculously apologetic that he actually voted for Obama. Against himself.

I suspect you actually believe this.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 01:56:26 am »
McCain DID say that he thought Barack Obama would make a fine POTUS.

On the freaking campaign trail.   And maybe even in the debates.

He needs to be a Republican Statesman...not a 'Go-along to Get-along' hack.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 02:01:09 am »
I suspect you actually believe this.
Any man who nominates Sarah Palin as his running mate does not take the office of the Presidency seriously.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 02:03:22 am »
I've been ashamed of my country since Nov. of 2008.

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 02:04:00 am »
McCain DID say that he thought Barack Obama would make a fine POTUS.

On the freaking campaign trail.   And maybe even in the debates.

He needs to be a Republican Statesman...not a 'Go-along to Get-along' hack.

That was 6 years ago.

I don't think McCain has had anything nice to say about Obama since the campaign.  On foreign policy McCain has been an outspoken critic.

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 02:05:26 am »
Any man who nominates Sarah Palin as his running mate does not take the office of the Presidency seriously.
Hogwash.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCDxXJSucF4

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 02:53:53 am »

I took it the opposite... Sarah made the ticket.  Up till then, Mcbabble had no chance, she gave him credibility.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 03:03:41 am »
I took it the opposite... Sarah made the ticket.  Up till then, Mcbabble had no chance, she gave him credibility.

You are absolutely correct about this, Ed.

Sarah's selection lit a fire under the people who worked/volunteered for the GOP in 2008.

They/we would have done it for McCain alone just because of the alternative, but with the choice of Palin he gave himself a chance to win (which he blew because he kept campaigning against Bush and not against Obama).

My opinion of her as a political choice has changed quite drastically since then, but in 2008, it was she who gave him the shot in the arm and a chance to win.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 03:20:44 am »
McCain just needs to chill somewhere and retire.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 04:29:16 am »

And what was Vlad the Impaler's covering provocation for Georgia? the Crimea? Nature abhors a vacuum. And Obama is a vacuum. And Putin's covering provocation is the sure knowledge that the vacuum has, and will, do zip to stop him.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 04:34:51 am »
You are absolutely correct about this, Ed.

Sarah's selection lit a fire under the people who worked/volunteered for the GOP in 2008.

They/we would have done it for McCain alone just because of the alternative, but with the choice of Palin he gave himself a chance to win (which he blew because he kept campaigning against Bush and not against Obama).

My opinion of her as a political choice has changed quite drastically since then, but in 2008, it was she who gave him the shot in the arm and a chance to win.

I agree.  She was a fresh infusion into a stale McCain campaign.  It ended up putting a target on her back that I don't think she was quite prepared for (who of us would have been?), but I'm sure it brought him more votes at the time. 

Like you, I have changed my opinion.  I still like her and think she has a valid role she can fill - more of a celebrity type figure - but, for the most part, I agree with what she says.  It's the way she says it that puts her more in the celebrity category. 

I do think her family dramas have given me more information than I wanted to know.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 05:35:08 am »
Not only was McCain complaining against Bush and the Republican party, but he seemed to be campaigning against Palin.

The dude had it in the bag, and he threw it all away, for his far Left view of Liberalism and Political Correctness. 

It cannot be said enough, John McCain is an absolute idiot, and I still think he voted for Obama. He is a fool. He is paralyzed by his own stupidity and ignorance.

The guy would not last a single week, if he was working for me. 
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 06:39:25 am »
It cannot be said enough, John McCain is an absolute idiot, and I still think he voted for Obama. He is a fool.
I was right.

McCain wrote the campaign finance laws he would ran under in 2008.  He passed it through a GOP controlled Senate with only 12 Republican votes and strong armed Dubya into signing it despite Dubya's promise to VETO it. Nobody wanted to be President more than John McCain, and he might have won if the housing market had not collapsed and the stock market dropped in mid October.

You are one of a handful of people in the entire world to admit you think 5 times AZ Senator John McCain voted for Obama.  You, Sir, are a maverick.