Author Topic: Walker called out for 'silence' on Giuliani  (Read 475 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Walker called out for 'silence' on Giuliani
« on: February 21, 2015, 05:25:32 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/233416-walker-called-out-for-silence-on-giuliani

February 21, 2015, 11:27 am
Walker called out for 'silence' on Giuliani

By Peter Sullivan

The Washington Post editorial board sharply criticized Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) on Saturday for his "silence" on former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani's controversial comments that President Obama does not love America.

Giuliani's comments that Obama "wasn’t brought up the way you were brought up, and I was brought up" came at a dinner attended by Walker, a likely 2016 presidential candidate, in New York City this week.

“The mayor can speak for himself," he said on CNBC the next morning. "I’m not going to comment on what the president thinks or not. He can speak for himself as well."

The Post called Walker out for not rebuking the comments in Saturday's lead editorial, which noted that Walker already said he would "punt" on a question about evolution earlier this month.

"Mr. Walker likes to present himself as a man of courage, based on his record in Wisconsin, but maybe facing down public-sector unions doesn’t tell you all that much about the bravery of a Republican governor," the Post wrote. "On two occasions in recent days, he has proved himself incapable of saying basic truths that might offend some of his potential voters: First, that evolution is real, and second, that an honorable politician criticizes his opponent’s policies, not his patriotism."

The Post meanwhile praised Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), a potential rival to Walker, for saying, “I believe the president loves America."

A spokeswoman for Jeb Bush has likewise said that he "doesn't question President Obama's motives."

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R), though, has backed Giuliani, also drawing a response from the Post.

"It was particularly pathetic to see Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R), another would-be president, scrambling to steal some of the spotlight of Mr. Walker’s cowardice by issuing a statement titled, 'Gov. Jindal Refuses to Condemn Mayor Giuliani,'" the Post wrote. "The only response to that can be, who cares?"
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Walker called out for 'silence' on Giuliani
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 05:33:49 pm »
What a crock!  Scott Walker had the perfect response until which time he is ready to make a remark.  He did not obfuscate or deflect.  The worst thing he could have done was to respond spontaneously in a way that could have blown up on him.

My money is that he will respond in due time, in his way.

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 09:09:19 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/233420-walker-i-dont-know-if-obama-loves-america

February 21, 2015, 01:39 pm
Walker: 'I don't know' if Obama loves America
By Peter Sullivan

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) says that he doesn't know if President Obama loves America.

"You should ask the president what he thinks about America," Walker, a likely 2016 presidential candidate, told the Associated Press.
"I've never asked him so I don't know," he added.

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani ignited controversy earlier this week by saying, among other things, that Obama does not love America at a dinner that Walker attended.

Walker had already drawn fire for not condemning Giuliani's comments.

“The mayor can speak for himself," Walker said on CNBC earlier in the week. "I’m not going to comment on what the president thinks or not. He can speak for himself as well."

The issue has resonated in the emerging Republican presidential field, with candidates being asked to agree or disagree with Giuliani.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), a potential rival to Walker, responded by saying, “I believe the president loves America."

A spokeswoman for Jeb Bush has likewise said that he "doesn't question President Obama's motives."

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R), though, has backed Giuliani.

"Gov. Jindal Refuses to Condemn Mayor Giuliani," read a press release from his office.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 09:28:01 pm »
"You should ask the president what he thinks about America," Walker, a likely 2016 presidential candidate, told the Associated Press.
"I've never asked him so I don't know," he added.

THIS is the perfect response, IMO.

Ask him.  I've never asked, so I can't speak with any authority.

Of course, if anyone asks Obama, he'll lie and say he does love America, but he lies about everything, so it won't be anything new.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 11:22:53 pm »
The Post meanwhile praised Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), a potential rival to Walker, for saying, “I believe the president loves America."
Well, you'd be wrong, Marco.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 12:38:32 am »
Walker is "called out" for not defending the President for being "called out" on his disdain for the U.S. because, among other things, he refuses to address being "called out" on his passive support of radical Islam. 

We are so twisted.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 12:44:10 am by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck