Author Topic: Democrats: We Must Better Explain What it Means to be a Dem  (Read 1074 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats: We Must Better Explain What it Means to be a Dem
« on: February 21, 2015, 03:53:52 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=626130

Newsmax
Democrats: We Must Better Explain What it Means to be a Dem
Saturday, February 21, 2015 10:46 AM

By: By KEN THOMAS

Democrats need to do a better job of explaining to voters what it means to be a Democrat,  according to the interim findings of a party task force set up to help understand the dismal showing by Democrats in the November election.

The report coming out Saturday says Democrats lack a "cohesive narrative" about the values that unite the party.

The review also calls for stronger partnerships with state parties and efforts to protect and expand the right to vote.

It's an attempt to determine why Democrats have struggled to turn out core voters in nonpresidential election years such as 2014.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Democrats: We Must Better Explain What it Means to be a Dem
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 03:54:12 pm »
Just show them this...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 03:57:32 pm »
They could always call themselves…

“The Free Stuff Party”
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 03:59:17 pm »

Or this...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 04:05:47 pm »

Or this...

And yes, the Blacks and the KKK, and the Jews and Muslims, and the hippies and  homosexuals actually do all vote for the same people. As crazy as that is, it is for real.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 04:06:15 pm »
Just show them this...

That's the TRUTH so they will never do that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 04:08:42 pm »
My question to the Progressive:

What is there to love about the Unites States of America?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 04:23:40 pm »
They could always call themselves…

“The Free Stuff Party”

The problem is, as we all know, is that it is not free. They are extorting by real and tangible threat of terrible force, they take our money and spend it the way they see fit to promote themselves. No one in government 'earns' money. Everything they have is because they take it by force from us.

The government has become a mugger. They take and take more and keep taking, and it is never enough. Eventually, all money will go directly to the government, and they will decide how much you get. There will no longer be a paycheck, as we know it, you will be 'granted' the amount of money the government thinks you deserve.

Any tax that is paid involuntarily under direct threat of force, is not longer a 'tax'. At that point it is nothing more than simple robbery. It is direct theft. And the criminals are "the government", which is nothing more than a "legal" (so called) mafia.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 04:24:47 pm by 240B »

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 04:44:45 pm »

Don't forget supporting every perversion known to humanity as a 'constitutional right'...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 04:48:37 pm »
The problem is, as we all know, is that it is not free. They are extorting by real and tangible threat of terrible force, they take our money and spend it the way they see fit to promote themselves. No one in government 'earns' money. Everything they have is because they take it by force from us.

The government has become a mugger. They take and take more and keep taking, and it is never enough. Eventually, all money will go directly to the government, and they will decide how much you get. There will no longer be a paycheck, as we know it, you will be 'granted' the amount of money the government thinks you deserve.

Any tax that is paid involuntarily under direct threat of force, is not longer a 'tax'. At that point it is nothing more than simple robbery. It is direct theft. And the criminals are "the government", which is nothing more than a "legal" (so called) mafia.

You are right, of course. But the situation you describe is the consequence of belief.

And the belief is: your rights come from government, and whatever you own is subject to the claims of others, on the basis of need.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 04:57:29 pm »
And the Republicans stand for?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 05:01:30 pm »

I would say, with no small amount of sadness and consternation that your question remains an unresolved matter at this point.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 05:50:23 pm »
I would say, with no small amount of sadness and consternation that your question remains an unresolved matter at this point.

You are right Andy... but if I can't remain hopeful that a leader will finally emerge, what then is the point?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 05:55:04 pm »

Or this...

If they really loved the continent of Africa, they would go there and live.

Those people would eat them like a Scooby-snack...

« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 05:55:51 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 06:00:39 pm »
You are right Andy... but if I can't remain hopeful that a leader will finally emerge, what then is the point?

I am hopeful as well. For the first time in quite a few years, I see a number of GOP candidates I could actually vote for without severe trepidation.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 12:02:42 pm »

These days?

“The Party that Stands for Nothing”
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 12:17:50 pm »
With all this being said, BOTH parties have FAILED the American people miserably; one so more than the other.  There are some potential GOP candidates that would make an excellent president. The reality of the matter is though that they will probably be outspent, silenced and buried before they even get a chance.  However, there is always hope.   :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Oceander

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 02:49:08 am »
What does it mean to be a Dem?  It means making your own subjective sense of feeling good about yourself the paramount goal, regardless of the actual consequences of your chosen policies.  It means privileging ideology and politics over rational thought and science.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 03:17:27 am »
Low taxes, a strong military, fiscal restraint.  Same as always.