Author Topic: Great Lakes “likely to have the most ice since records began,” says meteorologist  (Read 650 times)

rangerrebew

Great Lakes “likely to have the most ice since records began,” says meteorologist

By Robert On February 19, 2015 · 36 Comments

“Great Lakes ice is now running ahead of last year and ice will increase with more brutal cold coming,” says meteorologist Joe d’Aleo. “We are likely to have the most ice since records began.”

GreatLakesIceCoverAvg1973_2014 - NOAA

“By the end of February the entire country east of the Rockies will have averaged below normal,” says d’Aleo. “Boston will have either the coldest or second coldest month in their history. It is nearly 13F below normal in Cleveland and all points east for February. Boston has the second most snow for the season and is very likely to be the snowiest ever by the end of the winter. They blew away the all time monthly snow record by 18 inches and could end up with 6 feet if models are right in 1 month. Ice has clogged Delaware Bay and New York and Boston Harbors.”

“Ice is seen as far south as off the New Jersey Coast and will likely clog Boston and New York Harbor in the brutal cold of the next 10 days. Freezing spray warnings are in effect in the waters around NYC this morning.”

http://icecap.us/index.php

Offline Relic

This is religion for the alarmists, they will never give up, never give in. I saw an article today, since Jan 1, 2015, 3499 high temperature records set, 755 cold ones. The article doesn't bother to specify the geographic spread for the warm vs. cold, nor the amount the records were broken by.

This planet could be a ball of ice, frozen to the core, and the alarmists, if they were alive, would still claim man made global warming was causing it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I might also note that, during this recent cold snap, there have been a suspiciously high number of "missing data" points for the coldest days so far.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online GourmetDan

I might also note that, during this recent cold snap, there have been a suspiciously high number of "missing data" points for the coldest days so far.

You must be anti-science and believe in a flat earth for saying things like that...     :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
You must be anti-science and believe in a flat earth for saying things like that...     :silly:
Yeah, I'm so anti-science I actually got a degree in atmospheric science! :tongue2: But hey, what do I know? I'm not Bill Nye the Science Guy.

Here are some plots from the local weather stations around where I live. Keep in mind, on Monday the 16th, temperatures dropped to well below -20 in a lot of areas. Note which days are missing from these plots:

Red House, NY:

Franklinville, NY:

How, um, convenient.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

convenient indeed.

Online GourmetDan

How, um, convenient.

Oh, I'm sure it was a singular mistake and isn't being repeated often enough to skew the 'scientific' data that people actually believe...    :whistle:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline kevindavis007

Yeah, I'm so anti-science I actually got a degree in atmospheric science! :tongue2: But hey, what do I know? I'm not Bill Nye the Science Guy.

Here are some plots from the local weather stations around where I live. Keep in mind, on Monday the 16th, temperatures dropped to well below -20 in a lot of areas. Note which days are missing from these plots:

Red House, NY:

Franklinville, NY:

How, um, convenient.

It looks like someone is fudging the numbers..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

It looks like someone is fudging the numbers..

As they have been doing for quite awhile now!

Record keepers cooked global temperature books

http://www.cfact.org/2015/02/19/record-keepers-cooked-global-temperature-books/
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 02:40:40 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien