Author Topic: Scott Walker: Obama's Harvard Degree Proof I Don't Need One  (Read 1372 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Scott Walker: Obama's Harvard Degree Proof I Don't Need One
« on: February 18, 2015, 01:49:28 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=625409

Newsmax
Scott Walker: Obama's Harvard Degree Proof I Don't Need One
Wednesday, February 18, 2015 08:27 AM

By: Drew MacKenzie

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has lashed out at the "elitist" critics who have attacked him for not having a college degree.

On Fox News' "The Kelly File," the potential Republican presidential candidate defended himself after liberal commentators had attacked him for failing to finish his final year at Marquette University in Milwaukee.

"That's the kind of elitist, government-knows-best, top-down approach we've had for years," Walker told host Megyn Kelly, according to Mediaite.

"I'd rather have a fighter who's proven he can take on the big government interests and win. I think people want to judge what have you done lately."

He also noted that President Barack Obama, who has a degree from prestigious Harvard University in Massachusetts, has done a lousy job running the country for six years.

Although he hopes his own sons finish their education, the college dropout added, "You don’t have to have that to be successful."

Earlier this month, former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean questioned Walker’s intelligence on "Morning Joe" while discussing the GOP governor’s controversial remarks on evolution. Walker recently declined to say whether he believes in the theory during a speech in London.

"This is a particular problem for Scott Walker which has not been an issue yet, but it will," said Dean. "Scott Walker, were he to become president, would be the first president in many generations who did not have a college degree.

"So the issue here is not just the issue of dancing around the question of evolution for political reasons, the issue is, how well educated is this guy?"

If Walker were elected, he would be the first president in the White House without a degree since Harry Truman, who served from 1945-53.

But Deroy Murdock, of the National Review Online, said that even without a college degree Walker has done a good job as Wisconsin’s governor.

"Wisconsin's state deficit was $3.6 billion when Walker arrived. It's now a $517 million surplus," Murdock writes. "On his watch, unemployment plunged from 7.7 percent to 5.2 percent. Chief Executive ranked Wisconsin No. 41 among states in which to do business when Walker took office. It's now No. 14."

And Vox’s Libby Nelson said there’s no reason that Walker’s lack of a degree should make him less suitable as a candidate for the White House than any other GOP hopeful.

"Higher education is more economically valuable today than it's ever been, but that doesn't mean a college degree needs to be a prerequisite for the presidency," Nelson wrote.

Although he was technically a senior, Walker had not earned enough credits to get his degree on time — he was 34 credits short of a degree when he left Marquette. Yet, the college dropout still has about three years of classes on his education resume.

"If a college degree is valuable because of what you learn along the way, Walker probably reaped most of the gains anyway," added Nelson.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Scott Walker: Obama's Harvard Degree Proof I Don't Need One
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 01:54:15 pm »
 :thumbsup:

Fuller's rule of life, #3: “Never trust a Harvard graduate.”
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 02:29:15 pm »
Excellent retort.

Hope he says it during the debates too!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline raml

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 08:13:09 pm »
Love it and that is what I want in a candidate to be able to give quick comebacks. We haven't had that kind of candidate for some time. I am really beginning to like Walker.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 08:24:07 pm »
I love the theme, especially the "elitist" part of the discussion.  That one word will resonate if repeated often enough.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 04:28:19 am »
raml wrote above:
[[ Love it and that is what I want in a candidate to be able to give quick comebacks. We haven't had that kind of candidate for some time. I am really beginning to like Walker. ]]

This guy fights back when attacked.

How long since there's been a Republican candidate for president who did that?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 05:21:44 am »
:thumbsup:

Fuller's rule of life, #3: “Never trust a Harvard graduate.”

That is a very good rule.