Author Topic: NBA Legend says Black People Need to “Stop Looking for a Handout”  (Read 235 times)

rangerrebew

NBA Legend says Black People Need to “Stop Looking for a Handout”

By Onan Coca   / 16 February 2015   / 0 Comments   

Oh. My. Goodness.

This is not something that can ever come out of the mouth of a white person or probably even out of the mouth of a conservative black politician. Karl Malone was recently a guest on HuffPost Live with Marc Lamont Hill when the conversation turned to the comments made by fellow NBA Hall of Famer Charles Barkley a few months ago, in the middle of the Michael Brown saga.

Hill asked the former Utah Jazz star what he thought about the things that Barkley said (which happened to get Sir Charles in a lot of hot water with the black community), and Malone did not disappoint.

"I echo his sentiments exactly. We need to look in the mirror ourselves and stop waiting on someone to come march on our behalf. Take ownership ourself, make our community better and stop looking for a handout. Do something about it yourself that you can control.

Stop using the excuse about race. I am sick and tired that every time you turn around, that's what we dangle ... Our problem now is we do so much talking and beating things to death. Let's take ownership in ourselves ... stop waiting for someone to come in and march for us."

Wow. Watch Malone shock the world (and Marco Lamont Hill) with his opinion.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/15138/nba-legend-says-black-people-need-stop-looking-handout/#WQg3D5pLEbLOfUMx.99