Author Topic: ANOTHER WILLIAMS CHOPPER TALE! NBC ANCHOR CLAIMS HEZBOLLAH ROCKETS BUZZED HIS HELICOPTER DURING ISRAEL WAR  (Read 836 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/02/07/brian-williams-over-israel-rockets-passed-just-beneath-the-helicopter-i-was-riding-in/

by JOHN NOLTE7 Feb 2015
Completely separate from the 2003 Iraq helicopter incident Brian Williams confessed to lying about this week, thanks to a Twitter user who alerted Ace Of Spades, we now have a 2007 video of Williams claiming he was involved in a hairy wartime incident involving a different helicopter during a different war. According to the NBC Nightly News anchor, during “the war with Hezballah in Israel, a few years back … there were Katuyshka rockets passing just beneath the helicopter I was riding in.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6DhlpOo8Es

It gets me to thinking, I’ve been very lucky the way my life has turned out, I’ve been very lucky to have survived a few things that I’ve been involved in, at a perception a few minutes ago, I was remembering something I tend to forget, the war with Hezballah in Israel, a few years back, where there were Katuyshka rockets passing just beneath the helicopter I was riding in. A few years before that, you go back to Iraq, and I looked down the tube of an RPG that had been fired at us and it hit the chopper in front of ours.

Note that when relating the helicopter story about Iraq, Williams hasn’t yet placed himself in the helicopter shot down by the RPG. He merely claims that he “looked down the tube of an RPG that had been fired at us and it hit the chopper in front of ours.”

He’s claiming a close call — that the RPG was meant for his chopper but hit the one in front of him. It wouldn’t be long, though, before he was claiming it was his chopper that was hit and forced to land.

Nevertheless, numerous military witnesses say that Williams wasn’t even close enough to see the chopper get shot down. He was 30 minutes to an hour behind the incident.

Of the Katyusha story, Hot Air’s Ed Morrissey asks the key question, “Has anyone checked out the Katyusha rockets story, which sounds rather similar to Williams’ false story in Iraq? It’s entirely possible that it happened just as Williams relates here, but … has anyone verified it?”

Whether the story is true or not, the problem for NBC News is that his stolen valor lie regarding Iraq has cast a legitimate shadow over everything the face of their news division says — whether it’s a separate chopper incident or a simple story about saving a puppy.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Carling

Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline mountaineer

But wait, there's more!
Brian Williams also told iffy tales of rescuing puppies from fires
By Emily Smith
February 6, 2015 | 11:04pm

Long before he was caught lying about his chopper being forced down by enemy fire in Iraq, Brian Williams boasted how he bravely rescued a terrified puppy from a house fire.

Or maybe it was two puppies.

The truth-challenged NBC anchor told dueling versions of his supposed heroics as a teenage volunteer firefighter with the Old Village Fire Company in Middletown, NJ.

In October 2011, Williams waxed rhapsodic about how his dad took him to fires.

“I remember one such house fire . . . conducting a search on my hands and knees, when I felt something warm, squishy and furry on the floor of a closet,” Williams said.

“I instinctively tucked it in my coat. When I got outside, I saw two small eyes staring up at me, and I returned the 3-week-old and very scared puppy to its grateful owners,” he said.

But in July 2005, he told a different story, insisting he had saved not one but two pups from certain death.

“All I ever did as a volunteer fireman was once save two puppies,” he said, according to Esquire magazine.

And even more:
Brian Williams’ heroic stories include Princess Di and Hurricane Katrina
By Bob Fredericks
February 6, 2015 | 11:32pm

He lives in a vivid fantasy world that would make Walter Mitty blush — never missing a chance to shamelessly play the hero or embellish a news story.

Reality-challenged NBC anchor Brian Williams once boasted about abandoning a dying buddy to cover the death of Princess Diana — but said it was worth it because it won him worldwide fame.

“I lost a very good friend to Agent Orange-related cancer,” he told Alec Baldwin in a March 2013 interview on the “30 Rock” actor’s “Here’s the Thing” show on WNYC radio.

“I was in the hospital room with him. It was a Saturday night, I had just done ‘Nightly News.’ My pager went off: ‘Diana, car accident, Paris.’ I called the office, and they said, ‘You better get in here,’ ” Williams recalled.

“I had no idea that I’d be announcing to what was then, I mean, they plugged us into cable all over Europe. I have people wherever I go to this day who say, ‘I was with you the night Diana died,’ ” the anchor said.

Williams has spun more wild story lines than his own network’s sitcoms.

He said armed gangs constantly threatened him and his terrified crew while they were covering Hurricane Katrina. He and his crew even needed gun-toting feds to get out alive, Williams said on NBC’s “Dateline” in 2010.

“I’ve been around a lot of guns and a lot of dead bodies and a lot of people shooting at people to make dead bodies,’’ Williams said at the time.

“But you put them all together, and you put it in the United States of America — and boy, it gets your attention.”

Unfortunately for Williams, authorities had said five years earlier that stories about armed gangs running amok were not true.

Williams had already previously switched his story about the supposed suicide of an evacuee at the city’s Superdome.

He told NBC’s Tom Brokaw that “we watched, all of us watched, as one man committed suicide.” But he later admitted it was only a story he had heard about and not seen himself.

Williams, predictably, was still taking a beating Friday on Twitter and other social media over the goofy gaffes, as his gleeful critics kept piling on.
NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Brian Williams epitomizes the news business standards "If it bleeds, it leads."

He transformed that criteria, to promote himself.

He will probably claim he is so passionate about the important work that he does, that he sometimes melds into the subject; he cannot separate himself from the subjects themselves.

Ironically I think the small screens of smartphones are replacing the big screens of network news broadcasts.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln