Author Topic: Now THIS is who you're gonna call! Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones lead Ghostbusters all-girl reboot  (Read 1349 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2928976/Kristen-Wiig-Melissa-McCarthy-Kate-McKinnon-Leslie-Jones-lead-Ghostbusters-girl-reboot.html?ito=social-facebook

Now THIS is who you're gonna call! Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones lead Ghostbusters all-girl reboot
By HELEN ZHAO FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 16:54 EST, 27 January 2015 | UPDATED: 19:43 EST, 27 January 2015

The original 1984 film starred an all-male cast, but the upcoming remake of Ghostbusters will be helmed by four ladies.

Who these funny women will be has been widely - and wildly - speculated about for months but fans finally got a glimpse of the all- star cast on Tuesday.

Director Paul Feig revealed the faces of his reboot by tweeting a photo collage featuring Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Jones, and Kate McKinnon.

The original 1984 film starred an all-male cast, but the upcoming remake of Ghostbusters will be helmed by four ladies.

Who these funny women will be has been widely - and wildly - speculated about for months but fans finally got a glimpse of the all- star cast on Tuesday.

Director Paul Feig revealed the faces of his reboot by tweeting a photo collage featuring Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Jones, and Kate McKinnon.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2928976/Kristen-Wiig-Melissa-McCarthy-Kate-McKinnon-Leslie-Jones-lead-Ghostbusters-girl-reboot.html#ixzz3Q4Zn58oX
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 01:01:48 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Everyone is fine but Melissa McCarthy. I don't know what it is but for some reason, she grates on my last nerve. Like Honey Boo Boo all grown up, and not that funny. Maybe it is just the bad roles I've seen her in.

Offline PzLdr

Can't wait for the all white male version of "Little Women".
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline olde north church

Nothing says "unfunny" better than women attempting to be humorous.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Meh. More politically correct crapola. They won't get my money.

I guess I missed the politically correct part. Just because they are women? (if so, it isn't politics, it is marketing, they cased based on who brings in the most $$$$$$$ in relation to how much they cost the studio)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 02:19:12 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline aligncare

I guess I missed the politically correct part. Just because they are women? (if so, it isn't politics, it is marketing, they cased based on who brings in the most $$$$$$$ in relation to how much they cost the studio)

That's fine. Studios can make any kind of film they want. They just won't get my money.

It's the same with talk about using a black actor to play James Bond. Even though I don't agree, the producers are free to make any changes they wish. They just won't get my money.

Offline mountaineer

Everyone is fine but Melissa McCarthy. I don't know what it is but for some reason, she grates on my last nerve. Like Honey Boo Boo all grown up, and not that funny. Maybe it is just the bad roles I've seen her in.
I agree.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 02:06:05 am by mystery-ak »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I am rather looking forward to it.

It is going to depend on the chemistry between the stars to make it work, just as the original and much loved did. Feig is good at that, from past work, and each or the actors are individually very funny and gifted at working with others and responding to non verbal cues, at least in a sketch setting. Whether they can stretch it to a feature length is debatable.

Of course, the biggest problem with 4 comediennes is one of them will have to play the straight man.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline olde north church

I am rather looking forward to it.

It is going to depend on the chemistry between the stars to make it work, just as the original and much loved did. Feig is good at that, from past work, and each or the actors are individually very funny and gifted at working with others and responding to non verbal cues, at least in a sketch setting. Whether they can stretch it to a feature length is debatable.

Of course, the biggest problem with 4 comediennes is one of them will have to play the straight man.

Perhaps they should ring up Rosie O'Donnell or Ellen Degeneres?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.