Author Topic: Matt Drudge Is A Racist For Posting Story About Preteen Black Arsonists, Says Liberal  (Read 436 times)

rangerrebew

Matt Drudge Is A Racist For Posting Story About Preteen Black Arsonists, Says Liberal

By V. Saxena, January 26, 2015.

On December 21, 2014, an 11-year-old boy and his 13-year-old cousin started a fire in the greeting aisle of a Walmart in Columbia, South Carolina. According to the Daily News, this fire went on to cause millions of dollars in damages:

It was not a Hallmark moment. The store suffered extensive smoke damage, but the store’s sprinkler system activated and kept the fire contained until firefighters could extinguish the blaze, Columbia Fire Chief Aubrey D. Jenkins said.

Furthermore, the fire was started by a lighter that the 11-year-old boy stole from Walmart.

Preteen Black Arsonists

I became aware of this story earlier this morning when news aggregator Matt Drudge posted a link on Facebook to a copy of the story. After reading it, I decided to peruse Drudge’s Facebook profile to assess how his followers felt about it. What I discovered was a liberal by the name of Ryan Kuiper slamming both Matt Drudge and his followers for being racists who hate black people. His comments have since been deleted, but the message he was peddling was not a new one.

As a reminder, all Matt Drudge did was share a story that incidentally happens to involve underage black criminals.

The basic premise is that it is unethical and I guess racist to share stories that involve black criminals. Liberals call it race baiting and ask, “Why aren’t you sharing stories about white criminals?”

We at Downtrend also get asked this question . . .

Here’s the truth. As news aggregators and reporters, we do not sit around all day googling “black criminals” . . . we simply report news stories based on what shows up on our various feeds. That many of these stories involve black criminals is simply a fact of life and not a part of some grand conspiracy to disparage the black community. We imagine the same truth applies to the stories that Matt Drudge shares.

And thus my point is that neither Matt Drudge nor we at Downtrend are even remotely racist for simply sharing stories about black criminals. The real racists, I contend, are those who want us to censor the news so as to protect certain people or communities from the sad but undeniable truth.

http://downtrend.com/vsaxena/matt-drudge-is-a-racist
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 12:16:29 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Not strictly true, though the liberal is a total moron regardless.

we simply report news stories based on what shows up on our various feeds.

Feeds tend to be selective, since any aggregator works to it's audience. Don't often see many left wing stories on Drudge, same as you don't often see any serious stories on Fark.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink