Author Topic: Bowe Bergdahl Charged With Desertion  (Read 1908 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bowe Bergdahl Charged With Desertion
« on: January 27, 2015, 02:38:46 am »
http://weaselzippers.us/212260-breaking-report-that-bergdahl-to-be-charged-with-desertion/

Breaking: Bowe Bergdahl To Be Charged With Desertion…Update: Attorney Has Received Charges But WH Delaying Notice To Public

Just came over Fox, Bowe Bergdahl to be charged with desertion.

The Morning Spew @TheMorningSpew
Follow
According to Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer,  Bergdahl to be charged with desertion.
7:21 PM - 26 Jan 2015

We’ll keep you updated…

Update:

Shaffer was on the Bill O’Reilly show. He said Bergdahl’s attorney has been informed Bergdahl, is being charged with desertion, that the attorney has received the charges. Bill O’Reilly said the White House has had this information, that the charges have been ready for awhile but the White House has been delaying it under the auspices of Ben Rhodes, Assistant National Security Advisor. You may remember Ben Rhodes who featured prominently in the construction of the Benghazi talking points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9y44Nqofjg
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Bowe Bergdahl Charged With Desertion
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 02:48:47 am »
Looks like Ben Rhodes is calling all the shots in the WH lately
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 12:10:00 pm »
Bowe Bergdahl Charged With Desertion

By Brian Anderson, January 27, 2015.

Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer (Ret.) appeared on The O’Reilly Factor last night and reported that the Army has charged Bowe Bergdahl with desertion. After Obama swapped 5 hardcore Taliban fighters for Bergdahl last year, the news comes as a bit of a bombshell, but the real explosive news is that the White House is trying to bury the story.

In 2009 Army Sgt, Bergdahl walked away from his post in Afghanistan and was captured by the Taliban. Several of Bergdahl’s platoon mates have come forward saying he was in fact a deserter and that his actions put soldiers lives in danger as they searched for him. After five years of captivity, Bergdahl was swapped for the Taliban commanders, angering just about everyone except Obama apologists.

The Army conducted an investigation which was concluded last October, and according to Shaffer, the White House has been trying to keep a lid on it ever since because its findings will be embarrassing to Obama.

The lid appears to be blown off on this festering Obama scandal. Shaffer told Bill O’Reilly in no uncertain terms that the Army has charged Bergdahl with a desertion violation and he will face a military court martial. Shaffer says his sources have told him that Bergdahl’s attorney has been given a charge sheet by the Army.

“This has been done. The decision has been made. Let me be very clear. As a corporate entity, the Army has decided that they want to pursue Bergdahl for this violation,” said Shaffer.

Shaffer also said that National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes is the person primarily responsible for stonewalling the Army’s report. Shafer described an “ongoing battle” behind the scenes between the White House and the Pentagon over the release of this information.

This is sure to be devastating to an administration that already lacks credibility. Not only did Obama make the swap without telling Congress, he hosted Bergdahl’s parents at the White House for a scripted feel good photo-op. It will be interesting to see how the President’s people try to spin this one.

It’s not like there was ever much doubt that Bergdahl was a deserter. Besides those who served with him saying he was a deserter, there was also evidence that he renounced his American citizenship and that perhaps he had actually joined the Taliban. Obama made this deal in secret because no person in his or her right mind would okay such a terrible swap.

The Bergdahl deal takes on even an even greater importance as Obama, in his efforts to release all terrorists held at Guantanamo Bay, recently cut loose Yemeni terror suspects as Yemen falls into extremist hands. Obama seems intent on releasing our enemies back to the battlefield where they can take up arms against American and Western interests.

Let’s see how fast the same liberal assholes that pegged Navy SEAL Sniper Chris Kyle as a coward will come to Bowe Bergdahl’s defense and praise him as a hero.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/bowe-bergdahl-charged-with-desertion
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 12:10:38 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 12:47:11 pm »
Though there is no doubt at all in my mind that Bergdahl deserted his post, he is still entitled to a court martial. It is the right thing to do
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 01:03:31 pm »
Though there is no doubt at all in my mind that Bergdahl deserted his post, he is still entitled to a court martial. It is the right thing to do

Pathetic....since it appears Obama will pardon Bergdahl to appease his evaporating base.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 01:09:37 pm »
The Worm probably will.

That doesn't matter in this case. What does matter is morale. Little stuff can be let slide sometimes, depending on the circumstances, but an offence of this magnitude HAS to be dealt with formally.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 01:21:50 pm »
the White House has been trying to keep a lid on it ever since because its findings will be embarrassing to Obama.

Impossible. Obama is incapable of such a complex emotion as shame. Obama's self reflection only goes so far as to whether he's keeping his elbow straight on his backswing.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 01:51:50 pm »
The election must be over.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 02:11:09 pm »
Blanket party.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 02:27:08 pm »
The correct charge is treason, not desertion, because he willing sided with the enemy. Desertion is runing away.

Deliberately joining the enemy, under any circumstances, is the very definition of treason.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 03:03:54 pm »
I believe the chances of Bergdahl being found guilty are no better than 0.  Obama can't afford the 5 for 1 trade of terrorists - it might ruin his "legacy." :peeonobama:

Offline flowers

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 05:03:39 pm »
US Army Denies Desertion Charge For Bergdahl

http://news.sky.com/story/1416018/us-army-denies-desertion-charge-for-bergdahl

The US Army has denied a report that Bowe Bergdahl is to be charged with desertion over his 2009 disappearance from an Afghan base.

Citing defence officials, NBC said the charges could come against the soldier within a week.

But Lt Col Alayne Conway, spokeswoman for Army public affairs, said no decision had been made yet in the Bergdahl case.

She said: "We are aware of the inaccurate media reporting. To be clear there have been no actions or decisions on the Sgt Bergdahl investigation."

Lt Col Conway said investigators were still determining next steps in the case, which could range from no further action to a court martial.

Offline Saundra Duffy

• For victory & freedom!!!
    • SOS Salt Lake City
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 10:20:37 pm »
Aren't you just so tired of the same old Obama BS?  I saw "American Sniper" Friday night and it made me realize how blessed we are to have men like the sniper in the military and how unfortunate we are to have people like the President ruling over us.  Bergdahl is a disgrace and when the Pres traded him for 5 terrorists I thought it was a joke or bad dream but it really happened.  The whole world is upside down.  Come quickly, Lord Jesus.
For victory & Freedom!!!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2015, 11:26:43 pm »
She said: "We are aware of the inaccurate media reporting. To be clear there have been no actions or decisions on the Sgt Bergdahl investigation."

Lt Col Conway said investigators were still determining next steps in the case, which could range from no further action to a court martial.

Are we being asked to believe that after months of investigation they are right where they started and no "next step" is evident?   :whistle:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 11:27:14 pm »
Aren't you just so tired of the same old Obama BS?  I saw "American Sniper" Friday night and it made me realize how blessed we are to have men like the sniper in the military and how unfortunate we are to have people like the President ruling over us.  Bergdahl is a disgrace and when the Pres traded him for 5 terrorists I thought it was a joke or bad dream but it really happened.  The whole world is upside down.  Come quickly, Lord Jesus.

If we had an honest media complex, he'd be impeached and removed from office post-haste.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 11:50:34 pm »

I wonder how many men like Kyle are left in the military? 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 12:38:20 am »
Again, "desertion", the charge, is when you drop your weapon and run away. That is what desertion is. And you can be shot for it, and many have been.
When you cross through the fire zone to join up with the enemy, that is treason, not desertion.

Had he shown up in Australia, or Nebraska, he would have deserted. What he did was not that. 

But, to zoom out to the bigger picture, Obama could not care less about this guy, or who he is, or what he did. The last person in the world I want to lecture me about leaving no soldier behind, is Hussein, or Kerry, or Fonda. Obama would spit on American soldiers. What does he care? He probably does not even remember Bergdal's name by now. Because that was not the point.

Obama does not care that he put every American soldier and citizen all around the globe, at risk, and he stamped a price tag on their head. He does not care at all. He (personally) felt these guys were being treated 'unjustly', because as a matter of principle as a 'community organizer', Obama has been trained to think the criminals are the victims, and that the victims had it coming. That is how they think. That is what they believe. Additionally, he wants to close Gitmo at any costs. After all, he doesn't care about America. He cares only about his agenda. He only cares about himself.

The grand goal is to close Gitmo, establish some kind of pseudo relationship with Cuba, which Cuba has apparently rejected, and then return the entire territory of Guantanamo to Che Guevara.

Obama could not care less about 'no soldier left behind'. He could not care less about Bergdahl. He only cares about jamming his preprogrammed agenda down the throat of America, whether they want it or not.

And he has been very clear numerous times, that is exactly what he is going to do.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 12:56:19 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2015, 12:40:15 am »
Again, "desertion", the charge, is when you drop your weapon and run away. That is what desertion is. And you can be shot for it, and many have been.
When you cross through the fire zone to join up with the enemy, that is treason, not desertion.

Agreed..the charge should be treason.
Support the USO

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2015, 02:04:53 am »
I doubt any of us know all of the facts, or the criteria for each of possible charges (desertion, treason, etc.).

For example if he became disillusioned and walked away from his post, later was captured and held--that would be desertion, not necessarily treason.

So far all I have seen reported in the news has been reposting of the information stated by Lt. Col. Shaffer, on Fox News.

I would love to see this break loose into a highly damaging scandal for Obama, so let's wait for the facts.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln