Author Topic: Girl, 7, and two adult relatives shot dead in mass shooting at family home in Queens  (Read 916 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2924548/Girl-7-two-adult-relatives-shot-dead-mass-shooting-family-home-Queens.html

A seven-year-old and two of her adult relatives are dead after a shooting at a family home in Queens, New York City.

Kayla Walker, 7, Shantai Hale, 31, and Viola Warren, 62, were found dead at 5.40am inside their Springfield Gardens home.

A 12-year-old girl was also hit and left in a critical condition in the attack on Saturday morning that killed a 31-year-old and a 62-year-old.

All three killed were shot in the head.

Police are hunting a 34-year-old man named Jonathon Walker, who is described as 6'6", weighing 220lbs.

According to local media, he is believed to be carrying a .45-caliber gun and drove from the scene of the crime in a 2013 Silver GMC Acadia SUV, with the license plate GVS8110.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Kayla Walker, 7, Shantai Hale, 31, and Viola Warren, 62.....

Hmmmmm....wonder what race they were.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

This is pissing me off. Yes, the murders are horrendous, and I feel awful for those killed. But why no description of the perp? Political correctness?

It used to be standard for the press to give a description of the suspect. Is he white? Black? Martian? How is the public supposed to keep an eye out?

Online mountaineer

Daughter ‘shot in head’ called 911 after father ‘massacred family’
By Natasha Velez and Georgett Roberts
January 24, 2015 | 8:13am
New York Post
A Queens dad massacred his family early this morning, marching from room to room, shooting his two daughters, his girlfriend and her mother in the head before later killing himself, police said.

The only survivor is the couple’s 12-year-old daughter, who managed to call 911, open the door for police and talk to them for about 15 minutes despite being shot in the head and having the bullet exit through her eye, sources said.

The girl was rushed to Long Island Jewish Medical Center in critical condition.

Jonathan Walker, 34, a hulking, 6-foot-6, 260-pound nightclub bouncer, fled the bload-soaked 5 a.m. scene in Springfield Gardens. Just before noon, his body was found inside his car with a gunshot wound to the head, in a wooded area near John F. Kennedy Airport, sources said.

It’s unclear what made Walker, who is originally from Buffalo and played basketball professionally in Europe from 2008-2009, suddenly snap.

He told a friend he was “going home to watch Netflix with the family,” said City Councilman Donovan Richards, who called the murder scene “truly horrific.”

“We’ve heard he was out with a friend. He told his friend he was going to get some beers and going home to watch Netflix with the family. We don’t know what made him snap when he came in,” Richards said.

The bodies of Viola Warren, 62, and her daughter, Shantai Hale, 31, were discovered in one bedroom, while little 7-year-old Kayla Walker, 7, was found in another bedroom inside the 148th Avenue home, police said.

Warren worked at JFK, and Hale, whose brother is an NYPD officer, worked as a computer analyst, neighbors said.

A neighbor described Walker as a “a very quiet guy, reserved.”

“You don’t see him walking on the streets. He doesn’t speak to anyone,” Regina George, 50, said. “I’m shocked. It is very sad. I hope he turns himself in. I hope he does not kill anyone else.”

Richards called it “the worst” murder scene he’d ever seen.

“My heart bleeds right now. My heart cries out to the family. What could trigger such madness?” he asked.
Photos at link
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Very sad.

Was it a case where he came home and a fight started with the mother-in-law, and it spun out of control?

Were all the utilities on?  Food in the refrigerator?   Rhetorical questions.   Of course, they don't say.

But a guy doesn't come home and do THAT to people that NEED and DEPEND on him?   

Or does he?

I believe we're going to start see more and more of these types of events in the next two years.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
aligncare wrote above:
[[ Is he white? Black? Martian? How is the public supposed to keep an eye out? ]]

That ain't your job, man.
Leave this to the politically-correct pros...

Addendum:
So the perp shot himself?
Good news to end an otherwise bad story.
Goodbye and good riddance.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:32:23 am by Fishrrman »