Author Topic: Sarah Palin on 2016: 'Of Course' She's Interested  (Read 2622 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Sarah Palin on 2016: 'Of Course' She's Interested
« on: January 23, 2015, 08:18:09 pm »
Shushannah Walshe
ABC News
January 23, 2015

Just before she heads to Iowa for the first major conservative showcase of the 2016 election cycle, Sarah Palin said “of course” she’s interested in the 2016 presidential election.

“Yeah, I mean, of course, when you have a servant’s heart, when you know that there is opportunity to do all you can to put yourself forward in the name of offering service, anybody would be interested,” Palin told ABC News' Neal Karlinsky while serving wild boar chili to the homeless in Las Vegas Thursday.

When asked again if she could be “possibly” interested in a presidential campaign, she answered, “We definitely had enough of seeing that -- America has had enough of seeing that -- sign on the Oval Office door saying, 'No Girls Allowed.' I know that.”
More

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Re: Sarah Palin on 2016: 'Of Course' She's Interested
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 08:19:03 pm »
She's not going to run for President.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 08:45:36 pm »
She is without reservation, the Empress of the Run On Sentence, bar none.

And she milks the ever willing media teat, for all it is worth, in the great tradition of Pat Buchanan, Donald Trump, Newt Gingrich, Mike Huckabee and a reliable list of opportunists.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 01:09:00 am »
Head fake..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Carling

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 01:17:07 am »
When asked again if she could be “possibly” interested in a presidential campaign, she answered, “We definitely had enough of seeing that -- America has had enough of seeing that -- sign on the Oval Office door saying, 'No Girls Allowed.' I know that.

So, is she going to vote for Hillary Clinton or Fauxcahontas?   I found the Mama Grizzly thing divisive enough for somebody from the right.  I don't care if someone is man or woman, just put the citizens of the USA first, and stop with the politics of division. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 01:50:23 am »
So, is she going to vote for Hillary Clinton or Fauxcahontas?   I found the Mama Grizzly thing divisive enough for somebody from the right.  I don't care if someone is man or woman, just put the citizens of the USA first, and stop with the politics of division.

Of course, Her Heinous and Fauxahontas have never, ever engaged in the politics of division...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Carling

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 01:54:18 am »
Of course, Her Heinous and Fauxahontas have never, ever engaged in the politics of division...

Again, what's your point?  Of course Clinton and Warren do the same.  It sucks seeing Palin pull out the sex/gender card, too.  I thought she'd be above that sort of red meat rabble-rousing. 

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 01:56:04 am »
Again, what's your point?  Of course Clinton and Warren do the same.  It sucks seeing Palin pull out the sex/gender card, too.  I thought she'd be above that sort of red meat rabble-rousing.

As always, "there's rules for thee and rules for me"...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 01:58:53 am »
Probably Hillary, if I were to guess. She strikes me as the type who says one thing in front of the camera and a totally different one in the ballot box.

Think about it. What serious Republican politician would go around making jokes about the President having "deflated balls?" How much poor taste does a person have to have to make statements like that? That kind of talk only helps the Democrats. Of course, her "maverick" record also helped Democrats.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Carling

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 01:58:54 am »
As always, "there's rules for thee and rules for me"...

Is there really a sign on the Oval Office that says "No Girls Allowed?"

What is Palin trying to say, other than "watch my TV show, please."  At this point, GourmetDan, let's just acknowledge that we're not going to agree on much of anything.  Sound good?

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 02:00:38 am »
Is there really a sign on the Oval Office that says "No Girls Allowed?"

What is Palin trying to say, other than "watch my TV show, please."  At this point, GourmetDan, let's just acknowledge that we're not going to agree on much of anything.  Sound good?

You do whatever you want...

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 04:18:25 pm »
She's not going to run for President.

Good.  She can continue preaching to the choir.  Palin has yet to demonstrate that she can attract independents and others over to her camp. There are not enough choir members out there to get her elected and that is a fact.

Offline flowers

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 05:33:17 pm »
She won't run.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2015, 09:32:39 pm »
Sarah I love ya, but please everyone knows you're not going to run. Same with Trump and a few other teasers.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 09:46:39 pm »
Probably Hillary, if I were to guess. She strikes me as the type who says one thing in front of the camera and a totally different one in the ballot box.

Think about it. What serious Republican politician would go around making jokes about the President having "deflated balls?" How much poor taste does a person have to have to make statements like that? That kind of talk only helps the Democrats. Of course, her "maverick" record also helped Democrats.

Except .... run Palin against Hillary and she'd win hands down.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:46:58 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2015, 10:28:24 pm »

I'm not clear here. Who wins hands down - Palin or Hillary?

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2015, 10:30:21 pm »
There are not enough choir members out there to get her elected and that is a fact.

Tell that to the choir members. They think they represent a clear majority.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2015, 10:37:37 pm »

If you're saying that Hillary would win hands down, I completely agree. If you're saying that Palin would beat Hillary on the other hand...
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2015, 10:40:41 pm »
From the Iowa summit,per Byron York:

Sarah Palin has taken half of her allotted time talking about herself and taking jabs at media coverage.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2015, 10:40:59 pm »

She knows and understands her faithful very well.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2015, 10:49:19 pm »
Tell that to the choir members. They think they represent a clear majority.

I hate to burst their bubble but the members of the Palin choir are not the clear majority.   If that were the case they would be insisting that Sarah Palin would seriously follow through and run for President.

Oceander

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2015, 02:48:23 am »
Palin/Trump 2016!!!!

:bigsilly: