Author Topic: PRO-LIFE LEADERS CALL FOR ELLMERS’ OUSTER FROM CONGRESS  (Read 3131 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
PRO-LIFE LEADERS CALL FOR ELLMERS’ OUSTER FROM CONGRESS
« on: January 22, 2015, 11:26:09 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/22/exclusive-pro-life-leaders-call-for-ellmers-ouster-from-congress/

by AUSTIN RUSE
22 Jan 2015

On a usually happy and even triumphant day, pro-life leaders found themselves angry at a vote in the U.S. House that never happened.

Much of the talk today at the annual March for Life, that likely brought close to 500,000 mostly young people to Washington DC, was about how House leaders canned a bill that would have banned abortion after the 20th week of gestation, the point at which an unborn child is said to feel pain.

Much of the anger was directed at Republican Congresswoman Renee Ellmers of North Carolina, who, it is said, organized a group of female House members to block the vote on a bill that leadership had promised to pro-lifers.

There was talk backstage at the rally preceding the March for Life that Ellmers needs to be defeated in her next primary. There was also talk of open electoral “warfare” if the bill is not brought up for a vote — and soon.

Marjorie Danenfelser is president of the Susan B. Anthony List, a group that spent $13 million  to elect pro-life legislators in the last cycle. When asked by Breitbart News if Ellmers would get a primary challenge, Danenfelser said, “That tidal wave has already begun. Before you came on the air, the same day that she began to discus ditching this bill to the main stream media, creating a firestorm on an issue that this was never about, that this was about rape. That’s going to happen and she deserves it. “

Danenfelser predicts Ellmers will face more than one primary opponent.

Kristan Hawkins agreed. Hawkins, president of Students for Life of America, a group with more than 800 chapters in colleges and universities around the country, told Breitbart News she was upset on Friday night:

When Ellmers said that she didn’t think the millennials were prolife, therefore the fifth or sixth vote the new Congress takes shouldn’t be about abortion, which is just a lie. This generation is pro-life. Every poll shows this generation’s pro-life. I called her office and I said, ‘I don’t know who’s feeding you these polls but you need to fire immediately [sic] them immediately because they obviously can’t read numbers.

Hawkins wondered how the GOP is going to attract Millennials when Millennials are overwhelmingly pro-life, and the first act as a new Congress is a “cowardly act.” Hawkins said she was going to the House today and show them we are a pro-life generation.

Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, told Breitbart News part of his frustration was that the bill was identical to the one that was passed a few years ago.

On the question of whether Ellmers needs to lose her job, Perkins told Breitbart News:

You take these things collectively in looking at someone’s record. But this is a very troubling posture that one has taken here in Ellmers’ case. It’s not just that she didn’t support this bill. It’s that she worked to undermine this bill. This was a bill in its exact same form passed the House two years ago. For her and a handful of others to raise concerns at the 11th hour, knowing the vote was coming on the day of the March, is very troubling, and I think her constituents should take note of this, and I do think it should be a factor into whether or not she should continue as their Congresswoman.

When asked about the prospects of the bill ever getting a vote, Danenfelser told Breitbart News, “If this bill is not voted on in the next two weeks, there will be war.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: PRO-LIFE LEADERS CALL FOR ELLMERS’ OUSTER FROM CONGRESS
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 11:33:18 pm »
It was a bad bill for the simple reason that the issue is a state issue, not a federal issue.  Leadership should never have promised to bring it forward.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 12:15:28 am »
It was a bad bill for the simple reason that the issue is a state issue, not a federal issue.  Leadership should never have promised to bring it forward.

It is at least as valuable a bill as one regulating wetlands. If a fetus feels pain, dismembering the fetus should be banned.  Ellmers flirted with losing a primary last year; she'll lose for sure in 2016.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 12:23:40 am »
It is at least as valuable a bill as one regulating wetlands. If a fetus feels pain, dismembering the fetus should be banned.  Ellmers flirted with losing a primary last year; she'll lose for sure in 2016.

Victims of murder feel pain as well, and yet the states dictate what is and isn't murder, for the simple reason that it is not a federal jurisdictional issue..

I don't deny the politics might be bad for Ellmers. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 12:48:15 am »
Elmers has been reliably pro-life in the past.  Her Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/reneeellmers says

To clear up any misinformation, I will be voting tomorrow to support H.R. 36 – The Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protect Act Resources bill. I have and will continue to be a strong defender of the prolife community.

Something else must be going on...oh wait.  This story is from a parody website.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 01:13:03 am »
Victims of murder feel pain as well, and yet the states dictate what is and isn't murder, for the simple reason that it is not a federal jurisdictional issue..

I don't deny the politics might be bad for Ellmers.

Oh, I agree that abortion should be a state matter but, as long as its ultimate exercise remains in the federal realm, then I'm all for federal restrictions.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 03:48:02 am »
Here we go again, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

:facepalm2:

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 04:59:08 am »

Sorry to disagree, but ROE v. WADE made it a FEDERAL issue. That decision legalized abortion in all the states.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 06:31:55 am »
"Pro-life leaders" have zero say to about whether Ellmer stays or leaves.

That's completely up to the people who sent her to Congress to begin with.

This notion that special interest groups, any special interest group, should go into a State and work to defeat the incumbent representative there because that representative is not promoting their particular cause is simply BS.

There is no consideration given to whether or not that representative served the people of his or her State well, outside the narrow scope of that special interest group's particular crusade.

The pro-life people in the State should work at the State level to impact State politics, and in doing so, change State regulations and statutes concerning abortion.

What they want to do is impose their will on the entire country via force of government, which makes them big government collectivist statists just like the left. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 06:43:37 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 09:18:02 pm »

This notion that special interest groups, any special interest group, should go into a State and work to defeat the incumbent representative there because that representative is not promoting their particular cause is simply BS.

There is no consideration given to whether or not that representative served the people of his or her State well, outside the narrow scope of that special interest group's particular crusade.

The pro-life people in the State should work at the State level to impact State politics, and in doing so, change State regulations and statutes concerning abortion.

What they want to do is impose their will on the entire country via force of government, which makes them big government collectivist statists just like the left. 

So, as a First Amendment exercise, they can't  call for her to be challenged in a primary next cycle, and hopefully, defeated, by a candidate they support. Interesting take on democracy.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 09:38:25 pm »
So, as a First Amendment exercise, they can't  call for her to be challenged in a primary next cycle, and hopefully, defeated, by a candidate they support. Interesting take on democracy.

When the left starts taking shots under their own rules, they immediately want their opponents to play by a different set of rules.

"There's rules for thee and then there's rules for me..."

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Carling

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 09:42:54 pm »
When the left starts taking shots under their own rules, they immediately want their opponents to play by a different set of rules.

Wait, who's the "left" in your scenario.  Are you trotting out the old "if you're not 100% with me, you're the left" canard? 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 09:56:38 pm »
Wait, who's the "left" in your scenario.  Are you trotting out the old "if you're not 100% with me, you're the left" canard?

I thought it was obvious that the issue is using different rules for 'the left' vs for the pro-lifers.

Someone may have trotted out the old "if you're not 100% with me, you're the left" canard, but it wasn't me...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Carling

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 10:24:30 pm »
I thought it was obvious that the issue is using different rules for 'the left' vs for the pro-lifers.

Someone may have trotted out the old "if you're not 100% with me, you're the left" canard, but it wasn't me...

Ellmers is pro-life.  She had an issue with some wording in the original bill.

Offline Carling

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2015, 10:36:48 pm »
Ellmers was 91%, by the way.  But yeah, primary her because she wanted revisions to a bill.

The winners of the “ACU Conservative” award – given to those members who scored 80 percent or higher – in the Senate are: John Barrasso, Richard Burr, Dan Coats, Thomas Coburn, Bob Corker, John Cornyn, Mike Crapo, Saxby Chambliss, Jim DeMint, Mike Enzi, Lindsey Graham, Orrin Hatch, Jim Inhofe, John Isakson, Mike Johanns, John McCain, Jim Risch, Jeff Sessions and David Vitter.

In the House, these members included:  Sandy Adams, ToddAkin, Justin Amash, Mark Amodei, Spencer Bachus, Joe Barton, Dan Benishek, Rick Berg, Gus Bilirakis, Rob Bishop, Charles Boustany, Kevin Brady, Mo Brooks, Larry Bucshon, Ann Marie Buerkle, Michael Burgess, Dave Camp, John Campbell, Francisco Canseco, Eric Cantor, John Carter, Bill Cassidy, Steve Chabot, Jason Chaffetz, Howard Coble, Mike Coffman, John Culberson, Jeff Denham, Charlie Dent, Scott DesJarlais, David Dreier, Sean Duffy, John Duncan, Renee Ellmers, Blake Farenthold, Stephen Fincher, Chuck Fleischmann, J. Randy Forbes, Virginia Foxx, Elton Gallegly, Cory Gardner, Bob Gibbs, Phil Gingrey, Louie Gohmert, Bob Goodlatte, Paul Gosar, Kay Granger, Sam Graves, Tim Griffin, Frank Guinta, Brett Guthrie, Ralph Hall, Gregg Harper, Andy Harris, Vicki Hartzler, Doc Hastings, Jeb Hensarling, Tim Huelskamp, Bill Huizenga, Randall Hultgren, Robert Hurt, Darrell Issa, Sam Johnson, Bill Johnson, Steve King, Jack Kingston, John Kline, Raul Labrador, Doug Lamborn, James Lankford, Bob Latta, Billy Long, Blaine Luetkemeyer, Cynthia Lummis, Connie Mack, Don Manzullo, Kenny Marchant, Kevin McCarthy, Michael McCaul, Tom McClintock, Patrick McHenry, Buck McKeon, Cathy McMorris Rodgers, John Mica, Jeff Miller, Gary Miller, Mick Mulvaney, Sue Myrick, Kristi Noem, Richard Nugent, Devin Nunes, Alan Nunnelee, Steven Palazzo, Erik Paulsen, Steve Pearce, Mike Pence, Ted Poe, Tom Reed, Reid Ribble, Scott Rigell, Phil Roe, Mike Rogers (MI), Dana Rohrabacher, Tom Rooney, Peter Roskam, Dennis Ross, Paul Ryan, Jean Schmidt, Austin Scott, Jim Sensenbrenner, Pete Sessions, Mike Simpson, Lamar Smith, Adrian Smith, Steve Southerland, John Sullivan, Mac Thornberry, Scott Tipton, Tim Walberg, Joe Walsh, Daniel Webster, Allen West, Rob Wittman, Rob Woodall, Kevin Yoder, and Todd Young.

- See more at: http://conservative.org/acu-announces-2012-ratings-of-congress/#sthash.Nm14uHvy.dpuf

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 10:48:31 pm »
Ellmers is pro-life.  She had an issue with some wording in the original bill.

Yeah, she didn't like the fact that the bill had 'some wording' requiring the rape to be reported to the police before allowing an abortion.

And we all know women would never lie about being raped so they could get an abortion what with all the after-the-fact raping that goes on...

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2015, 10:56:14 pm »
Ellmers was 91%, by the way.  But yeah, primary her because she wanted revisions to a bill.

Yeah, primary her just because she wanted the bill gutted so that any woman can claim rape after-the-fact with no consequences just to obtain an abortion under this legislation.

Easy to call yourself her as 'pro-life' under those circumstances.  I mean, just the *name* of the bill tells you that everybody who votes for it is really pro-life.

Don't worry about what's in it...   /s

Offline Carling

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2015, 11:04:28 pm »
  I mean, just the *name* of the bill tells you that everybody who votes for it is really pro-life.

Don't worry about what's in it...   /s

Yet again, I have no clue what you mean.  Are you saying she's not pro-life?  Did you read Once-ler's post in this thread? 

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2015, 11:11:20 pm »
Yet again, I have no clue what you mean.  Are you saying she's not pro-life?  Did you read Once-ler's post in this thread?

Of course... if she says she's pro-life then she really, really must be.  Just like Bambi's always the smartest, most compromising, bi-partisan man in the room because he says so.

She voted for the bill, therefore the *name* of the bill and the fact that she says she's pro-life means she's really, really pro-life... 

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2015, 12:52:12 am »
Of course... if she says she's pro-life then she really, really must be.  Just like Bambi's always the smartest, most compromising, bi-partisan man in the room because he says so.

She voted for the bill, therefore the *name* of the bill and the fact that she says she's pro-life means she's really, really pro-life...

NC Right to Life says they are pro-life too.  Maybe they are liars.

http://ncrtlpac.com/we-did-it/

With your help, the majority of our pro-life candidates were victorious on November 4, 2014.

1. Pro-life Senator Elect Thom Tillis will be the next U. S. Senator from North Carolina and the U. S Senate will be controlled by a pro-life majority.

2. All incumbent pro-life members of Congress [Renee Ellmers (R-2), Walter Jones (R-3), Virginia Foxx (R-5), Richard Hudson (R-8), Robert Pittenger (R-9), Patrick McHenry (R-10), Mark Meadows (R-11), and George Holding (R-13) ] were re-elected. Pro-life Congressman Elect Mark Walker (R-6) replaces retiring pro-life Howard Coble (R-6) and pro-life Congressman Elect David Rouzer (R-7)  replaces retiring pro-life Mike McIntyre (D-7). The U. S House remains controlled by a pro-life majority which has seen its strength increase with the election of more pro-life members to its ranks.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:53:40 am by Once-Ler »

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2015, 01:42:07 am »
NC Right to Life says they are pro-life too.  Maybe they are liars.

Well if everbody says it, it must be true...

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2015, 03:57:27 am »

You hold Democracy above Federalism.

That's today's biggest problem. We promote Democracy above Federalism.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2015, 04:01:24 am »

I'm no leftist Dan.

You however are boorish and rather immature calling anyone who doesn't fit your myopic view of life a "leftist".

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 04:04:05 am by Luis Gonzalez »

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2015, 04:04:16 am »

Great post.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2015, 04:36:47 am »
You hold Democracy above Federalism.

That's today's biggest problem. We promote Democracy above Federalism.

Is it your position that the two are inconsistent? That a group from outside and inside a voting district can't organize to primary a candidate in that district? And that includes raising money, doing work on the ground [petitions, etc.], and running ads? Because my understanding of Federalism doesn't preclude any of those activities.