Author Topic: Bryant Gumbel Calls The NRA ‘A Curse Upon The American Landscape’  (Read 351 times)

rangerrebew

Bryant Gumbel Calls The NRA ‘A Curse Upon The American Landscape’

By Brian Anderson, January 21, 2015.

Former Today show host and current Real Sports bully Braynt Gumbel did an interview with Rolling Stone. Normally an irrelevant magazine talking to an irrelevant person wouldn’t be news, but Gumbel had some choice words for the NRA. And by “choice” I mean some of the nastiest stuff I’ve ever heard.

Because Rolling Stone is so left wing and anti-gun, they have a hard time interviewing anyone without getting a good gun control quote. In this particular interview, RS asked Gumbel about a show he did highlighting the “eat what you kill” movement. It’s pretty much what it sounds like. Some people use hunting to put food on their table. It’s hardly a controversial topic, but Gumbel had this to say:

RS: A story you personally took on last season, about the “Eat What You Kill” movement, would you have done that five, ten years ago?

Gumbel: There are a few things I hate more than the NRA. I mean truly. I think they’re pigs. I think they don’t care about human life. I think they are a curse upon the American landscape. So we got that on the record. That said, I’m willing to separate that this story had nothing to do with that. It’s not a gun story. So I would like to think that I would have done it, but I don’t know. Obviously, that was my first experience around killing and guns and hunting.

So the story had nothing to do with guns, but he uses a question about it to slam the NRA and gun ownership? As he said, he needed to get that on the record.

Unfortunately, Rolling Stone was happy with the sound bite and didn’t follow up with any questions like: how is a civil rights organization like the NRA a curse upon the American landscape? Would he characterize any other civil rights groups like the ACLU or NAACP as pigs, or does he only reserve his hatred for groups that look to protect the 2nd Amendment?

No seriously, how can an interviewer have a subject unload an inflammatory off-subject rant like that and not at least try to get some clarity?

Bryant has never been a friend of the gun owner, once making reference to “America’s sickening love affair with guns.” I think it says a lot about a person who considers exercising a Constitutional right to be sickening. Even more of his character is revealed when he thinks those attempting to protect that right (the NRA) are pigs and a curse.

Bryant Gumbel is an arrogant egomaniac that infuses his “impartial” role in the media with a dangerous amount of personal liberal bias. He’s possibly the only person on the planet that can make it seem like Geraldo has some journalistic integrity.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/bryant-gumbel-calls-the-nra-a-curse-upon-the-american-landscape/
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 01:04:44 pm by rangerrebew »