Author Topic: Paris Mayor to Sue Fox News for ‘Insulting’ City  (Read 676 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Paris Mayor to Sue Fox News for ‘Insulting’ City
« on: January 20, 2015, 08:02:05 pm »
http://m.nationalreview.com/corner/396757/paris-mayor-sue-fox-news-insulting-city-brendan-bordelon

Paris Mayor to Sue Fox News for ‘Insulting’ City
By Brendan Bordelon
January 20, 2015 1:43 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIOWQUY7W48

The mayor of Paris says she intends to sue the Fox News Channel for having “insulted” the city last week with its of “no-go zones” in the area.

Fox News hosts apologized over the weekend for repeating author Steve Emerson’s claim that many British and European cities had “no-go zones,” heavily Muslims neighborhoods where non-Muslim civilians and police wouldn’t dare to tread.

Paris was specifically singled out during a January 12 airing of Hannity. “In French, they have the very fancy title of ‘zones of urban sensitivity,’” Fox’s Greg Palkot reported,”and since the ’90s, there have been something like 750 nationwide.”

Palkot went on to describe a “first-hand experience” during a ride-along with a police officer in a Muslim-dominated Parisian neighborhood a few years previously. The officer turned around and drove out of the neighborhood after encountering a group of Muslim youths at the other end of the street, he said.

“I asked the commanding officer why,” Palkot said. “He said he couldn’t. I reminded him that he was a French police officer on French soil, and he was saying it was not possible to go forward. He acknowledged that difficult reality.”

Hannity afterward described these “zones of urban sensitivity” as “no-go zones” — words Paris mayor Anne Hidalgo said “prejudiced” the image of her city.

“When we’re insulted, and when we’ve had an image, then I think we’ll have to sue, I think we’ll have to go to court, in order to have these words removed,” the mayor, Anne Hidalgo, told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour on Tuesday. “The image of Paris has been prejudiced, and the honor of Paris has been prejudiced.”

It’s unclear if the Parisian government has the legal standing to sue an American news network over purportedly inaccurate coverage. On January 11, Hidalgo joined the large march through the streets in Paris that aimed to support press freedom in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo attack.

Fox News representatives did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Paris Mayor to Sue Fox News for ‘Insulting’ City
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 08:12:57 pm »
Is this a joke? 

The French have a way of destroying whatever goodwill you want to have toward them.  "Frogs" is an apt term.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 08:30:16 pm »
Freedom of speech is a concept that is out of fashion in today's leftist dominated world.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 09:21:20 pm »
Cheese-eating and highly sensitive surrender monkeys!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Millee

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 09:55:45 pm »
“When we’re insulted, and when we’ve had an image, then I think we’ll have to sue, I think we’ll have to go to court, in order to have these words removed,”

Have these words removed from where????   :shrug:

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 10:15:23 pm »
“When we’re insulted, and when we’ve had an image, then I think we’ll have to sue, I think we’ll have to go to court, in order to have these words removed,” the mayor, Anne Hidalgo, told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour on Tuesday. “The image of Paris has been prejudiced, and the honor of Paris has been prejudiced.”

The leftists certainly know how to 'sue early, sue often'.

If conservatives don't learn that lesson, their freedoms will be lost in the courts...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 12:39:05 am »
“When we’re insulted, and when we’ve had an image, then I think we’ll have to sue, I think we’ll have to go to court, in order to have these words removed,”

Have these words removed from where????   :shrug:

Good catch, Millee.

Removed from the air?  Scrubbed from people's memories? Sent down a Pensieve, so that they can be retrieved at some point in the future??

What in heck does she mean????
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.