Author Topic: State Dept. Stumbles for Six Minutes Trying to Explain Paris No-Show By US Officials[painful to watch]  (Read 921 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://freebeacon.com/issues/state-dept-stumbles-for-six-minutes-trying-to-explain-paris-no-show-by-us-officials/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtR_0oeyLeM

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
January 12, 2015 2:39 pm

State Department Deputy Spokesperson Marie Harf said that she does not think the criticism the Obama administration received after not sending a representative to France–despite several other world leaders attending–is merited.

Harf has a laundry list of excuses of why no one was there. Secretary of State John Kerry was in India and has plans to go to Paris later this week. Attorney General Eric Holder was already in France, but had a scheduling conflict.

Harf went on to say that there are more ways to show our solidarity with France. Signing a book, sending an email, and and a having a belated visit are good enough. She continued on, selling the line that the President’s security would have interfered too much with those protesting.

“They know we have stood by them,” Harf said. “They know they have our full support. The State Department seems to have forgotten that actions speak louder than words.  The lack of showing is another in a long line of incidents that show the Obama administration as insensitive.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 11:04:19 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
She continued on, selling the line that the President’s security would have interfered too much with those protesting.

Going to pull this out as a pet peeve of mine, since it happened (to a far lesser extent) with other Presidents too.

Do they realize exactly how insulting this is? Not implying but outright stating that another country can't give adequate security to a visiting head of state.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

They're having to make excuses for Obama's lack of attention to the job.

Maybe the worst president in the history of the presidency.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Going to pull this out as a pet peeve of mine, since it happened (to a far lesser extent) with other Presidents too.

Do they realize exactly how insulting this is? Not implying but outright stating that another country can't give adequate security to a visiting head of state.

Also, that the Obama is so much more important than all the others.   
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

Certainly in MY lifetime!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

They realize it and just don't care!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

I would have to say that James Buchanan is the worst President hands down.  Obama is the worse in our lifetime.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”