Author Topic: Walker builds 2016 team with likely campaign manager  (Read 801 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Walker builds 2016 team with likely campaign manager
« on: January 10, 2015, 12:54:59 am »
Didn't see this posted.

(CNN)Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker will launch a new political organization in the coming weeks and has tapped a national political strategist to serve as his campaign manager should he decide to run for president, multiple GOP sources told CNN.

Walker, who was sworn in to a second term in Madison this week, quietly brought on Rick Wiley, a former Republican National Committee political director and veteran of multiple presidential campaigns, about a month ago to build a political operation in advance of the 2016 race, the sources said.

Walker's moves are the latest in a swirl of recent activity from big-name Republicans eyeing a White House bid. Jeb Bush, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum have all maneuvered quickly since the New Year to hire staff, court donors and remove potential obstacles to running.

Wiley, who declined to comment on the job, has been aggressively reaching out to potential staffers in recent weeks. And Walker himself will attend the RNC's winter meeting in San Diego next week to meet with committee members, including delegations from the early primary and caucus states that kick off the presidential nominating process.

One source close to Walker told CNN that the governor has no timeline for announcing a presidential bid but will be forming "some kind of entity in the coming weeks to lend itself as a vehicle" -- likely a leadership PAC -- before moving forward with a full-blown campaign. Walker and his aides have said that he will not announce his intentions until after the Wisconsin legislative session concludes this year.

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/07/politics/walker-builds-2016-team-with-likely-campaign-manager/index.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Walker builds 2016 team with likely campaign manager
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 01:01:55 am »
I still think it is way too early yet for candidates to be announcing their "run".  The focus of the GOP should be stopping Obama and proving that they are still relevant and have a clear direction in which they want to take this country.  It seems to me that the focus on 2016 is nothing more than a distraction to the more important issues that we are faced with as a country.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 09:37:35 am »
I worked with Rick Wiley at the Republican Party of Wisconsin.  He is as smart as a come.  A genuinely nice guy and funny too.  He's a great choice. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 03:22:01 am »
Governor Walker should take the appropriate first steps, but try not to come on too strong too early.

He still has at least one more year in which to rack up a few more accomplishments at the state level.

Getting behind the proposed "right to work" law in WI would be a good move (Walker is currently ambiguous about this).

I see him as perhaps the best choice in a governor for the nomination.
He has a proven record of achievement -and- the ability to win re-election (twice, if you include the recall) in a bluish-purple state.
He has shown that he can "take the heat" in spades, weathering personal attacks (including attacks on his family) that would have sent EVERY other potential nominee running or backtracking. But Walker held on -- and pushed his agenda through. This is the kind of guy who could have earned a place if there was a -conservative- "profiles in courage".

I guess by now you know who I would support in 2016...!

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 04:45:52 am »
Governor Walker should take the appropriate first steps, but try not to come on too strong too early.

He still has at least one more year in which to rack up a few more accomplishments at the state level.

Getting behind the proposed "right to work" law in WI would be a good move (Walker is currently ambiguous about this).

I see him as perhaps the best choice in a governor for the nomination.
He has a proven record of achievement -and- the ability to win re-election (twice, if you include the recall) in a bluish-purple state.
He has shown that he can "take the heat" in spades, weathering personal attacks (including attacks on his family) that would have sent EVERY other potential nominee running or backtracking. But Walker held on -- and pushed his agenda through. This is the kind of guy who could have earned a place if there was a -conservative- "profiles in courage".

I guess by now you know who I would support in 2016...!

You know Walker supports amnesty?
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/309111-wis-gov-walker-backs-path-to-citizenship-in-immigration-reform-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 05:06:19 am »
[[ You know Walker supports amnesty? ]]

When you get down to it, just about all of them do.
Ted Cruz might be the only guy who doesn't.

Would you vote for him?

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 05:49:39 am »
[[ You know Walker supports amnesty? ]]

When you get down to it, just about all of them do.
Ted Cruz might be the only guy who doesn't.

Would you vote for him?
If he was the the GOP nominee?  Hell yes.  I think Senator Cruz has many flaws but they pail in quantity and quality compared to any rat, but especially Hitlery.

He won't be the nominee though.