Author Topic: Boehner defector: GOP leadership retribution akin to 'China, Cuba, Russia'  (Read 3182 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/228727-yoho-gop-leadership-retribution-akin-to-china-cuba-russia

January 07, 2015, 07:26 am
Boehner defector: GOP leadership retribution akin to 'China, Cuba, Russia'
By Peter Sullivan

Rep. Ted Yoho (R-Fla.) says the removal of two Republican lawmakers from a key committee in apparent retribution for voting against Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) is something that would happen in a "communist country."

Florida Republican Reps. Richard Nugent and Daniel Webster, who were among 25 House Republicans voting against Boehner for Speaker on Tuesday, were then booted from the Rules Committee, which controls the flow of legislation to the floor and has members appointed by the Speaker. 

"They voted the way their districts wanted to," Yoho, who also broke with Boehner, said on Fox News's "Hannity" Tuesday night. "And to be held in jeopardy for that or retribution is wrong, because that would be something you would expect in China, Cuba, Russia or in a communist country to, when you have a voice of dissension, you'd be punished.
"But in America, where we honor free speech and a Constitution that protects that, we should not have to go through that," he added.

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas), who ran for Speaker against Boehner, along with Yoho, also hit back against the move, appearing alongside Yoho in the interview.

"If Webster and Nugent are being punished, then we're going to have another fight real quick, and it's going to be pretty nasty," Gohmert said. "We can't let that stand if they're going to be punished."

Gohmert said, though, that he shook Boehner's hand after the vote, and Yoho added that he did too.

"I looked at him in the eye after the vote," Yoho said. "I said, Mr. Speaker, congratulations. You won. I look forward to working with you to make this the best Congress America's ever seen."

"He said, 'I look forward to working with you,'" Yoho added.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

:castro:

:media:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
One reason Tea Party's approval has declined, is yoyos like Yoho who have the audacity to say really, really stupid things like this.

A 2nd term congressman calling the Speaker of the House a communist.

Narrow, deep and loud. 25/248 = 0.10
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Gohmert and Yoho are now the tallest midgets in Congress.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Carling

"They voted the way their districts wanted to," Yoho, who also broke with Boehner, said on Fox News's "Hannity" Tuesday night. "And to be held in jeopardy for that or retribution is wrong, because that would be something you would expect in China, Cuba, Russia or in a communist country to, when you have a voice of dissension, you'd be punished.

"But in America, where we honor free speech and a Constitution that protects that, we should not have to go through that," he added.

This is just stupid.  In China, Cuba, or Russia, if you plot to overthrow the leadership and fail, you are sent to prisons, at best, or executed, at worst.  It's hard to take these people seriously when they say hyperbolic and unrealistic nonsense such as this after they fail to get their way.  The sad part is, the 10% of GOP voters who think they're being altruistic in their actions will continue to send money to them, while they sit around collecting a congressional paycheck and have no voice in the House for this session.

Wake the hell up, Tea Party supporters.  They are Grubering you.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline kevindavis007

One reason Tea Party's approval has declined, is yoyos like Yoho who have the audacity to say really, really stupid things like this.

A 2nd term congressman calling the Speaker of the House a communist.

Narrow, deep and loud. 25/248 = 0.10

You are right..  The Tea Party need to get rid of yoyos like Yoho..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline kevindavis007

This is just stupid.  In China, Cuba, or Russia, if you plot to overthrow the leadership and fail, you are sent to prisons, at best, or executed, at worst.  It's hard to take these people seriously when they say hyperbolic and unrealistic nonsense such as this after they fail to get their way.  The sad part is, the 10% of GOP voters who think they're being altruistic in their actions will continue to send money to them, while they sit around collecting a congressional paycheck and have no voice in the House for this session.

I think it is too late..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline GourmetDan

You are right..  The Tea Party need to get rid of yoyos like Yoho..

Yeah... none of that free speech and Constitution business for us...

"But in America, where we honor free speech and a Constitution that protects that, we should not have to go through that," he [Yoho] added.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I think it is too late..

I agree! WAY to many status quo loving surrender monkeys around!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

I think if you put your mind to it you could be just a little bit more insulting to those of us "tea party supporters."

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Boehner defector: GOP leadership retribution akin to 'China, Cuba, Russia'
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2015, 05:10:56 pm »
I think if you put your mind to it you could be just a little bit more insulting to those of us "tea party supporters."

Right now, being Grubered is the biggest trending insult they can come up with.  Almost reminds me of the talking points liberals launch - simultaneously and on cue.

In my book, falling for the same ploys over and over while steadfastly refusing to try anything different is the epitome of being Grubered.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2015, 05:15:45 pm »
"If Webster and Nugent are being punished, then we're going to have another fight real quick, and it's going to be pretty nasty," Gohmert said. "We can't let that stand if they're going to be punished."

Who's gonna "fight" alongside you, Louie?  You got all of the THREE votes for Speaker, one of them yours.

Surely you should know, at your age, that if you set out to kill the leader, you better kill him.

You and your gang of ne'r'do wells will be frozen out of everything. But you'll be all over Hannity, and he'll still throw wet kisses your way. So there's that.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 05:45:19 pm »

So you and your Tea Party posters aren't insulting to those of us who want to oppose Obama, and not fellow GOP members?  I've read some very insulting things on this board directed at me simply because I don't buy that the leaders of the Tea Party movement, in terms of PACs, are genuinely concerned about this country.  I think they are concerned about playing the victim, dividing the GOP, and making a bunch of money in doing so.

So yes, I think they are Grubering their donors.  If that's an insult, then I don't apologize for believing it.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 05:51:23 pm »
I've read some very insulting things on this board directed at me simply because I don't buy that the leaders of the Tea Party movement, in terms of PACs, are genuinely concerned about this country.

If insulting things were directed at you on this board, I guarantee you it wasn't simply because you "don't buy that the leaders of the Tea Party movement, in terms of PACs, are genuinely concerned about this country".

Innocent-victim status anyone?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Carling

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2015, 05:54:21 pm »
If insulting things were directed at you on this board, I guarantee you it wasn't simply because you "don't buy that the leaders of the Tea Party movement, in terms of PACs, are genuinely concerned about this country".

Innocent-victim status anyone?

I'm not claiming to be a victim.  aligncare brought up insults, and I factually replied that I've been insulted here for my beliefs as well.  I'm fine with it.  It doesn't bother me, which is why I didn't bring it up until I was called out for apparently insulting people. 

Isn't the Tea Party rep who said the Boehner GOP is like being in "China, Cuba, Russia" playing the insult card, as well as the innocent-victim card?  I thought that's what this thread was about.  If you don't want to wake up and be aware of how you're also being played by the Tea Party, that's not my fault.  I know that all politicians play me.  I just happen to vehemently disagree with Democrats, and will vote for anyone to the right of a Democrat.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 05:55:52 pm by Carling »

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 06:08:15 pm »
I'm not claiming to be a victim.  aligncare brought up insults, and I factually replied that I've been insulted here for my beliefs as well.  I'm fine with it.  It doesn't bother me, which is why I didn't bring it up until I was called out for apparently insulting people. 

Of course you are claiming to be a victim and it's not a fact that you're being insulted because of your beliefs.  You said, "...simply because I don't buy that the leaders of the Tea Party movement, in terms of PACs, are genuinely concerned about this country."

Nobody is insulting you simply because you don't 'buy' something.

Isn't the Tea Party rep who said the Boehner GOP is like being in "China, Cuba, Russia" playing the insult card, as well as the innocent-victim card?  I thought that's what this thread was about.

Do you mean the guy who stood for free speech and the Constitution?

If you don't want to wake up and be aware of how you're also being played by the Tea Party, that's not my fault.  I know that all politicians play me.  I just happen to vehemently disagree with Democrats, and will vote for anyone to the right of a Democrat.

So all candidates play you, including the ones you vote for, and you'll vote for anyone to the right of a Democrat except Tea Party candidates who are 'playing you' but not like those to the left of the Tea Party and to the right of the Democrats?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2015, 06:19:18 pm »

If at anytime you or anyone here feels they are insulted..hit post report.....try to remember that insults go both ways.

I consider this an adult forum and do not interfere nor do or will I ban anyone here for their opinions...[well liberals are excluded from that statement..hehehe]
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2015, 06:21:19 pm »
If at anytime you or anyone here feels they are insulted..hit post report.....try to remember that insults go both ways.

I consider this an adult forum and do not interfere nor do or will I ban anyone here for their opinions...[well liberals are excluded from that statement..hehehe]

How does one distinguish a surrender monkey, establishment republican, from a liberal?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2015, 06:30:59 pm »
That sure doesn't help matters..
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2015, 06:36:25 pm »
That sure doesn't help matters..

I honestly want to know the answer! Thus far I have been unable to do it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 06:44:00 pm »
I honestly want to know the answer! Thus far I have been unable to do it!

I can't answer that
Support the USO

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 06:45:23 pm »
How does one distinguish a surrender monkey, establishment republican, from a liberal?

There is no difference to find, that is why you can't distinguish my friend!!

I find their posts in this forum to be completely vile and disgusting.  (I will leave it at that as Myst doesn't need more trouble than she already has with the vermin infesting this place.)

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2015, 06:48:53 pm »
There is no difference to find, that is why you can't distinguish my friend!!

I find their posts in this forum to be completely vile and disgusting.  (I will leave it at that as Myst doesn't need more trouble than she already has with the vermin infesting this place.)

EXACTLY my point! Thanks Katz!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2015, 08:21:19 pm »
Of course you are claiming to be a victim and it's not a fact that you're being insulted because of your beliefs.  You said, "...simply because I don't buy that the leaders of the Tea Party movement, in terms of PACs, are genuinely concerned about this country."

Nobody is insulting you simply because you don't 'buy' something.

Do you mean the guy who stood for free speech and the Constitution?

So all candidates play you, including the ones you vote for, and you'll vote for anyone to the right of a Democrat except Tea Party candidates who are 'playing you' but not like those to the left of the Tea Party and to the right of the Democrats?

No, I'm not claiming to be a victim.  I didn't read past that point, because it isn't true. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2015, 09:06:51 am »
I agree Carling is exhibiting remarkable restraint.  It is extremely easy to insult tea party supporters.