Author Topic: Sarah Palin Posts Photos of Son Trig Using Family Dog as a Step Stool...[all hell breaks loose]  (Read 2987 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.people.com/article/sarah-palin-trig-dog-step-stool-photo?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

BY KATHY EHRICH DOWD @kathyehrichdowd 01/02/2015 AT 02:10 PM EST
Did Sarah Palin's dog double as a step stool for her youngest child?

You betcha it did.

The former governor of Alaska, 50, posted a trio of photos to her Facebook page Thursday, which featured her 6-year-old son, Trig, who has Down Syndrome, standing atop the black pooch in an attempt to reach the sink so he could help wash the dishes.

"Happy New Year!" she captioned the photo. "May 2015 see every stumbling block turned into a stepping stone on the path forward. Trig just reminded me. He, determined to help wash dishes with an oblivious mama not acknowledging his signs for 'up!', found me and a lazy dog blocking his way. He made his stepping stone."

She also included a fourth image with a message that read "Our hope is not in the new year ... but in the One who makes all things new."

Despite the inspirational spirit of the post, the images earned the ire of certain members of the animal-rights community.

"Disgusting. Not how to teach children to respect animals," wrote one of more than 13,000 people who commented on her post.

"Adorable little guy, but teaching him that that is ok is not ok. It's a living animal not a step stool," wrote another.

However, the onetime vice-presidential nominee also had her supporters – who cheered her son and blasted the critics.

"Beautiful family and precious child," said one poster. "Our pets respond to each of us as needed!"
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Fascinating that they thought it so important to mention Sarah's age (50) right in the beginning.

Perhaps it was noted because she gave birth to Trig at age 44.

LOL!  The only thing that grabbed my attention was...damn, she looks great for a woman 50 years old.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

I imagine the dog would have made his feelings known had he actually been in pain.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline olde north church

Canine Americans are quite ---helpful (can't think of correct word)--- toward the less able.  I'm also pretty sure this wouldn't have been the first time young Trig used the companion in the fashion.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Someone tell me again how smart this woman is.  It takes an idiot for a public figure to post these pictures.  And, I'm not even referencing the dog or what the child is being allowed to do or what the child is "learning".

Posting the pictures = idiocy.

On the other hand, please don't tell me how smart she is.  Please.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

Funny, that dog must truly understand Trig's 'specialness'.  Of course, he gets that from the love and care that Trig receives from the entire household...which is essentially the dog's entire world.

A picture is indeed, worth a thousand words.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Someone tell me again how smart this woman is.  It takes an idiot for a public figure to post these pictures.  And, I'm not even referencing the dog or what the child is being allowed to do or what the child is "learning".

Come on, man!

It's not like he's using him like a trampoline.    :laugh:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It's not like she's doing a stand-up interview with a reporter while someone's jamming a turkey into a beheading machine behind her or anything...

(I like Sarah Palin, but this picture of Trig is unbelievably stupid optics.  She doesn't understand that LBJ got away with yanking the dog by the ears because he's a Dem.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Lando Lincoln

It's not like she's doing a stand-up interview with a reporter while someone's jamming a turkey into a beheading machine behind her or anything...

(I like Sarah Palin, but this picture of Trig is unbelievably stupid optics.  She doesn't understand that LBJ got away with yanking the dog by the ears because he's a Dem.)

Cyber... thank you.  My first laugh of the day. 

That is exactly what I am referencing - the optics.  She is an idiot for the self-inflicted, moronic optics. 

And even LBJ received intense ridicule for the dog lifting.
John Steinbeck

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I have had 5 boys...2 sons, 3 grandsons raised around bulldogs and pugs..I have never once had a dog snap or even growl at all the ear and tail pulling, taking their toys chasing them around the house and even being sat on....that said I agree that Sarah should have thought twice about posting that photo although it is probably a normal occurrence in her house and she thought nothing of it..like someone said here..if the dog was in pain Trig wouldn't be standing on him for long....jm2cents
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Lando Lincoln

I have had 5 boys...2 sons, 3 grandsons raised around bulldogs and pugs..I have never once had a dog snap or even growl at all the ear and tail pulling, taking their toys chasing them around the house and even being sat on....that said I agree that Sarah should have thought twice about posting that photo although it is probably a normal occurrence in her house and she thought nothing of it..like someone said here..if the dog was in pain Trig wouldn't be standing on him for long....jm2cents

No doubt.  I had a collie/shepard that would let my boys do anything with him when they were toddlers.  If I happened to snap a pic of something that could be interpreted badly, and if I were a former Vice Presidential candidate, would I post it on social media?  If I wanted to be a maven of political commentary, would I post it social media?  Come on...  Where is the brain?
John Steinbeck

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
No doubt.  I had a collie/shepard that would let my boys do anything with him when they were toddlers.  If I happened to snap a pic of something that could be interpreted badly, and if I were a former Vice Presidential candidate, would I post it on social media?  If I wanted to be a maven of political commentary, would I post it social media?  Come on...  Where is the brain?

true...
Support the USO

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

My wife had a *large* German Shepherd that was big enough for her nephew to ride around on like a horse.  He was a good dog, but probably the stupidest dog I ever met.  Heart of gold.  But, I'd never let anybody get a picture of that.  That's how you get the ASPCA showing up at your house to take the dog (and have him killed).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
They hit Mitt with the dog on the roof story which they covered a thousand times more than they did anything in Obama's very sketchy background.

Now, they have a dog issue with Palin. I like Palin too, but she needs to adjust course a couple of degrees toward north.

Palin needs to filter her posts anywhere, about anything, through a PR consultant. I know her intent was to show pride in her son, and to be 'real' and homey, but she never has understood the viciousness of the Left and the Leftist media.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

Going on the assumption that the optics never occurred to her....it's her adorable Mongoloid son displaying a sense of determination to help with the dishes or to put his hands in warm water (not necessarily in that order).

The dog didn't seem to mind as the photo suggests.

Maybe she drank too much Baily's?  What seemed like a genuine sharing of a lovable scene turned into cruelty to animals and parental cruelty regarding slave lablor...or something else they can complain about.   LOL!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
They hit Mitt with the dog on the roof story which they covered a thousand times more than they did anything in Obama's very sketchy background.

Now, they have a dog issue with Palin. I like Palin too, but she needs to adjust course a couple of degrees toward north.

Palin needs to filter her posts anywhere, about anything, through a PR consultant. I know her intent was to show pride in her son, and to be 'real' and homey, but she never has understood the viciousness of the Left and the Leftist media.

She may just being saying "Screw you, I'm not running for anything, so have at it, boys."
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
She may just being saying "Screw you, I'm not running for anything, so have at it, boys."

And that too would be an incorrect course of action. What she does and says is not about her. It is about how she represents her entire family, and in some ways, the Republican party.

The Left is salivating to unjustly and incorrectly villify her with anything at all she says. And then they want to portray her as all Republicans everywhere.

She needs to be more careful, and she needs a consultant. Whether she likes it or not, she is far from just an average mom. And for reasons we all know (she represent a strong and accomplished Republican woman) the Left will use any means possible to grind her up over anything they can twist into making her look stupid. IMO
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

This scene could have played out on one of her reality tv episodes and it would provide us an entirely different emotional response from those 'outraged'.

But the original point is well taken.  One would think she would be...by now...sufficiently astute in social media.

...which makes me think it was done intentionally.

Offline olde north church

And that too would be an incorrect course of action. What she does and says is not about her. It is about how she represents her entire family, and in some ways, the Republican party.

The Left is salivating to unjustly and incorrectly villify her with anything at all she says. And then they want to portray her as all Republicans everywhere.

She needs to be more careful, and she needs a consultant. Whether she likes it or not, she is far from just an average mom. And for reasons we all know (she represent a strong and accomplished Republican woman) the Left will use any means possible to grind her up over anything they can twist into making her look stupid. IMO

Do you remember/have you seen the scene from "Animal House" where they find out they are double secret probation?  They are screwed regardless because the MSM is looking to screw them.  The Palins are living their lives and it raises the Leftist's blood pressure.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This scene could have played out on one of her reality tv episodes and it would provide us an entirely different emotional response from those 'outraged'.

But the original point is well taken.  One would think she would be...by now...sufficiently astute in social media.

...which makes me think it was done intentionally.

Yeah, me too.   But that would be "wrong."
I will NOT comply.

Offline evadR

actually, that's what I'm saying.

To all the media and carping naysayers, Fk um.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.