Author Topic: Jeb Bush Shuns Conservatives, Declines Invite To Summit In Iowa  (Read 1943 times)

rangerrebew

Jeb Bush Shuns Conservatives, Declines Invite To Summit In Iowa
« on: January 01, 2015, 08:49:38 pm »

Jeb Bush Shuns Conservatives, Declines Invite To Summit In Iowa

Posted by: Javier Manjarres on January 1, 2015

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush has just declined an invitation to the inaugural Iowa Freedom Summit in Des Moines, Iowa. Summit was put together by Citizens United and Rep. Steve King (R-IA) and has invited the whose who of the conservative political world.

While thanking organizers for the invite, Bush did not give a reason as to why he was skipping the event.

Palin, Perry, Cruz, Lee, Carson, as well as many other top conservatives, will be traveling to the frozen tundra of Iowa in late January to take part of the festivities, which will all but ring in the 2016 presidential season.

Another potential Republican presidential candidate, Senator Marco Antonio Rubio (R-FL), has not told King or the events organizers, if he would be attending or not.

Bush’s move to side-step this much anticipated conservative event could be perceived as a blatant dismissal of the conservative base of the GOP.

Jeb governed as a conservative during his tenure as governor of Florida, but critics say that the younger Bush may be signaling that he is moderating his views in hopes to have a better chance of winning the 2016 Republican presidential nomination.

Well, that is if he decides to run. In my opinion, and considering his recent moves of resigning from several companies boards of directors, and the fact that he said he was “actively” thinking about the run, I say he is running.

More on Jeb Bush here.

Read more at http://shark-tank.com/2015/01/01/jeb-bush-shuns-conservatives-declines-invite-summit-iowa/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Jeb Bush Shuns Conservatives, Declines Invite To Summit In Iowa
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 09:44:39 pm »
We're still almost two years out and already he's running a Rose Garden campaign.

Well, Rudy Giuliani was a frontrunner at this time 8 years ago, too, so I guess anything can still happen.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline olde north church

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 10:20:18 pm »
Jeb is there to prevent Christie from running.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline dancer

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 04:41:05 am »
 :chairbang:

Jeb Bush has made it clear that he wants to win the Republican nomination without needing the votes of the Republican base, i.e., the Tea Party.
He doesn't want to have to sell his soul for the Tea Party vote.  What that means is, he doesn't want to have to pretend to be a conservative at any time during the primary to get the Tea Party or conservative vote.

Rush Limbaugh:  http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/12/17/the_perfect_ticket_clinton_bush

Offline evadR

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 05:51:00 am »
So so foolish.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 08:21:19 am »
While thanking organizers for the invite, Bush did not give a reason as to why he was skipping the event.

Other than perhaps how warm and welcomed conservatives have made him feel so far.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 08:23:03 am »

Jeb Bush has made it clear that he wants to win the Republican nomination without needing the votes of the Republican base, i.e., the Tea Party.
He doesn't want to have to sell his soul for the Tea Party vote.  What that means is, he doesn't want to have to pretend to be a conservative at any time during the primary to get the Tea Party or conservative vote.

Rush Limbaugh:  http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/12/17/the_perfect_ticket_clinton_bush

Tell Rushbo to run.

Put his money where his mouth is.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline evadR

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 02:11:04 pm »
Other than perhaps how warm and welcomed conservatives have made him feel so far.
Before it's all over, Jeb will be begging conservatives for their support.
Perhaps right now, in the initial stages of his campaign, he has other matters to attend to.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 10:48:08 pm »

Abraham Lincoln was able to win without the southern states even on the ballot.  How?  He tried to appeal to everyone and not exclude anyone.  He pushed for UNITY, not division - and division is what it looks like Jeb is pushing for.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 11:27:01 pm »
Abraham Lincoln was able to win without the southern states even on the ballot.  How?  He tried to appeal to everyone and not exclude anyone.  He pushed for UNITY, not division - and division is what it looks like Jeb is pushing for.

It's a two-way street.  The number of anti-Jeb Bush threads just on this forum alone suggests that the division is coming mostly from the right.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 12:56:15 am »
It's doubtful that Canteloupe King's endorsement is going to make or break any of these candidates.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.