Author Topic: NYC Mayor Bill De Blasio Refuses To Apologize, Even As Arrests Plummet Because Officers “Fear For Their Safety”  (Read 2094 times)

rangerrebew

NYC Mayor Bill De Blasio Refuses To Apologize, Even As Arrests Plummet Because Officers “Fear For Their Safety”

By V. Saxena, December 31, 2014.

Yesterday afternoon, NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio met up with NYPD union leaders but stubbornly refused to apologize for the role his rhetoric played in ginning up anti-cop sentiment in the city, reports the Daily News:

If the cops were looking for an apology from Mayor de Blasio, they were sadly disappointed.

Instead, during a sometimes tense, 21/2-hour summit Tuesday, de Blasio tried to counter criticism that he is anti-cop and said he would push for full prosecution of anyone who ever attacks a police officer.

Meanwhile, the union chiefs — particularly Detectives Endowment Association chief Michael Palladino — gave the mayor an earful about his remarks on the controversial Eric Garner case.

“He didn’t apologize,” a source familiar with what went on in the meeting told the Daily News. “He’s not going to apologize.”

The mayor also refused to address his ridiculously close ties to international sleazeball Reverend Al Sharpton.

Meanwhile, according to the Post, basic citations in NYC have dropped by 94 percent because officers “fear for their safety“:

. . .
  • verall arrests [are] down 66 percent for the week starting Dec. 22 compared with the same period in 2013, stats show.

Citations for traffic violations fell by 94 percent, from 10,069 to 587, during that time frame.

Summonses for low-level offenses like public drinking and urination also plunged 94 percent — from 4,831 to 300.

Even parking violations are way down, dropping by 92 percent, from 14,699 to 1,241.

Drug arrests by cops assigned to the NYPD’s Organized Crime Control Bureau — which are part of the overall number — dropped by 84 percent, from 382 to 63.

What we therefore have is a city in which inhabitants can freely engage in public drinking, public urination, bad driving and whatever else, all because the criminals have managed to force the NYPD into what the Post describes as a “virtual work stoppage.”

According to police sources, the slowdown is also tied to Mayor Bill de Blasio’s refusal to back the NYPD. Remember for instance how he insinuated that all police officers are racist. It does not help either that he associates himself with the likes of Al Sharpton.

Can you really blame the cops for responding like this, though, especially given the increasing number of attacks against police officers that have been occurring across the country? Just last night a guy in Philadelphia tried to run over the police. The day before that, a gang of teens in Boston viciously attacked and beat up officers who were merely trying to apprehend a suspect.

What’s occurring in the country right now is quite scary, if you ask me. It feels as if the criminal element is being allowed to run free. All the while, out president remains on vacation . . .

http://downtrend.com/vsaxena/de-blasio-refuses-to-apologize/
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 06:42:27 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline GourmetDan

De Blasio's gonna end up with the New Black Panther Party guarding his family...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If the Left manages to foment anachy, then they have their excuse to implement a fascist police state. It looks like this is the plan.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GourmetDan

If the Left manages to foment anarchy, then they have their excuse to implement a fascist police state. It looks like this is the plan.

If it's not a plan, it's the best accidental outcome I've ever seen...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline olde north church

If the Left manages to foment anachy, then they have their excuse to implement a fascist police state. It looks like this is the plan.

That would be correct.  Especially considering the neutering of the American male.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online andy58-in-nh

De Blasio's gonna end up with the New Black Panther Party guarding his family...

I thought that was his family.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GourmetDan

I thought that was his family.

At least then it would be obvious to all...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Ironic thing is, when the stupid Left finally realizes what they have ushered in, no one will be more hurt by it than them. They think they are fighting for freedom, as in Cuba, but what they will get is much darker than they can imagine.

History does not lie. There is a reason all the Leftist picked Che Guevara as their guidon flag. And I would easily bet that 99% of the idiots wearing his picture do not know anything about the guy or his history. He was no 'hero'. He was a mass murderer and a war criminal (for the Left, so, I guess that makes it OK).

By the way, what is the current under-over on another kristallnacht within the next few months?

The Jews who supported and voted for Obama are about to get a dose of their own blind stupidity. Not by me, but by the very people they supported.

And, same as before, there will be no 'police' to call.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
240b wrote above:
[[ If the Left manages to foment anachy, then they have their excuse to implement a fascist police state. It looks like this is the plan. ]]

Do you remember how, back in 2009 or 2010, if someone said what you just said above, the laughter would break out, telling you to take off the tin foil hat?

Methinks that some still may be laughing, but that the laughter is starting to die down.

Soon it's gonna get pretty quiet...

Offline kevindavis007

I think they want to nationalize the police..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Oceander

De Blasio - itching to get you back to the bad old 1970s.

Offline evadR

"Meanwhile, according to the Post, basic citations in NYC have dropped by 94 percent because officers “fear for their safety“:
overall arrests [are] down 66 percent for the week starting Dec. 22 compared with the same period in 2013, stats show."

I'm sure it's because the NY citizenry have suddenly become much more law abiding.
Who woulda thunk it.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline GourmetDan

I think they want to nationalize the police..

Of course they do.  And if we had a free press, that fact would be trumpeted from the rooftops.

Media, Demonrats and GOP all working together to subvert the Constitution.

The only thing that's amazing is how long it's taking...

rangerrebew

I don't think so.  Even if he supports revolution, the black panthers, and Al Sharptongue, he's still a honkey so his life isn't worth the toilet he sits on.