Author Topic: Woman accidentally shot and killed by 2-year-old in Walmart  (Read 1495 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Woman accidentally shot and killed by 2-year-old in Walmart
« on: December 31, 2014, 12:35:28 am »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/30/woman-accidentally-shot-and-killed-by-2-year-old-in-walmart/?intcmp=latestnews

Woman accidentally shot and killed by 2-year-old in Walmart
Published December 30, 2014
Associated Press

A 2-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his mother after he reached into her purse at a northern Idaho Wal-Mart and her concealed gun fired, authorities said Tuesday.

Kootenai County sheriff's spokesman Stu Miller told The Associated Press the woman was shopping with her son and three other children. Her family had come to the area to visit relatives, he said.

The woman, whose identity was not released, had a concealed weapons permit. Miller said the young boy was left in a shopping cart, reached into the victim's purse and grabbed a small caliber handgun, which discharged one time.

"It appears to be a pretty tragic accident," Miller said.

The woman's husband was not in the store when the shooting happened at about 10:20 a.m. Miller said the man arrived shortly after the shooting. All the children were taken to a relative's house.

The shooting occurred in the Wal-Mart in Hayden, Idaho, a town about 40 miles northeast of Spokane, Washington.

The store closed and was not expected to reopen until Wednesday morning.

Brooke Buchanan, a spokeswoman for Wal-Mart, said in a statement the shooting was a "very sad and tragic accident."

"We are working closely with the local sheriff's department while they investigate what happened," Buchanan said.

Hayden is a politically conservative town of about 9,000 people just north of Coeur d'Alene in Idaho's northern panhandle.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Woman accidentally shot and killed by 2-year-old in Walmart
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 01:56:48 am »
Careless concealed carry individual.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 02:04:29 am »
Hayden is a politically conservative town of about 9,000 people just north of Coeur d'Alene in Idaho's northern panhandle.

Nah, no bias there.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 02:42:11 am »
 and out the ghouls will  come to roll and dance in the  blood
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:42:50 am by Charlespg »
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 03:25:02 am »
Careless concealed carry individual.

Exactly. Why would you ever carry a weapon that could be fired by a two year old. Has she never heard of a safety? Why would there be a chambered round, unless she was expecting to use it within minutes?

It couldn't have been a double action. If it was simi-auto then the safety should always be on until time of fire. Forget about the kid, I would be worried about myself. I wouldn't want to carry a weapon that could be fired by a two year old.

It would be like walking around with a booby trap in your pocket, that even you might set off.

Draw/Safety off, chamber, fire.
Draw/Double back, fire.

There should never be a weapon that you can just pick up and shoot. (unless you are in a fire fight)
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 06:35:51 am »
What a tragic accident. I personally am not a fan of off body carry - just for this reason. I remember reading an article about the pitfalls of off body carry in a gun magazine, and those little hands that can reach into your purse looking for buried treasure, can and will find the gun.  Or the purse can be left behind someplace or snatched by a purse-snatcher.  If you off body carry, be it a burse or  briefcase, you must practice extra care.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 08:33:33 pm »

I really feel bad for the little kid who will grow up someday to realize that he killed his mother...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 10:03:31 pm »
I really feel bad for the little kid who will grow up someday to realize that he killed his mother...

His mother killed his mother. Had she observed even the most basic firearm saftey guidelines this could not have happen.

I would give a two year old my weapon. If he is then able to take the saftey off, chamber a round, fire the gun, and then actually hit me with it, well, then, Stewie Griffin should marry him.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 10:06:49 pm »

His mother killed his mother. Had she observed even the most basic firearm saftey guidelines this could not have happen.

Yeah, I know.  But I doubt that's how he will feel about it when he grows up...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 11:58:33 pm »
Sadly I think you're both correct

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 02:06:22 am »
The more information on this shooting the less likely it is accurate.  WalMart made several references to the fact that this occurred in  the rear of the store.  Was the husband present?  Were other adults nearby?  Supposedly this gun was secured in a zippered compartment.  Not likely a two year old could unzip the compartment inside the purse, point and shoot.

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 02:20:37 am »
The more information on this shooting the less likely it is accurate.  WalMart made several references to the fact that this occurred in  the rear of the store.  Was the husband present?  Were other adults nearby?  Supposedly this gun was secured in a zippered compartment.  Not likely a two year old could unzip the compartment inside the purse, point and shoot.

interesting thoughts.  I'm just wondering how light the trigger would have to be for a two year-old to be able to pull it.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 02:53:53 am »

Latest accounts dispel such musings

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2015, 12:48:57 am »

I agree. This sounds like bullshit. Unless the pistol was in a 'ready fire' situation, and the kid slapped the trigger somehow, and the projectile somehow managed to hit the woman, if not then otherwise this is a bar story.

They only need to count the mag to know if there was a round chambered. I mean, that is assuming she was fully loaded.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 01:39:47 am »
Was this captured on video?  Every Walmart I know of has video cameras everywhere in the store. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2015, 05:43:48 am »
the news here in WA, is saying the stores multiple video cameras did capture the incident. The video along with what probably is a treasure trove of forensic evidence makes it highly unlikely that the shooting was done by someone else, and if so the story would not last long.  I suspect a very freakish accident, with a 2-year old able to pull a trigger with a 6 to 8 pound pull, and place the single small caliber shot in a vital area makes it all the more freakish.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn