Author Topic: Report: Feds Pressuring More Doctors to Ask Patients About Their Guns  (Read 1063 times)

rangerrebew

- The Daily Sheeple - http://www.thedailysheeple.com -

Report: Feds Pressuring More Doctors to Ask Patients About Their Guns

Posted By Contributing Author On December 23, 2014 @ 11:00 am In Controlling the Herd,Editor's Choice,Featured,Health,News,Perspectives | 28 Comments

gunfreezonex [1]

The feds are using Medicare reimbursements along with the new electronic medical record format standardized by the government to coerce doctors to ask patients about their guns and other personal questions, reported Dr. Mark Kestner, who writes for The Murfreesboro Post [2].

“In essence, the feds are using their control of Medicare reimbursement to manipulate how your physician handles your personal health information,” he wrote. “As part of that process, the doctors are required to seek the answers to a certain number of personal questions from all their patients, including asking about gun ownership.”

The new electronic format allows the information to be made “available to government entities,” Dr. Kestner added.

“The federal Medicare program is structured in such a way that physicians had little choice but to comply with the program,” he continued. “On the one hand, if physicians complied with the program fully by last year they were rewarded with a financial incentive of several thousand dollars.”

“However, if they delayed or failed to agree to provide the data they will be penalized by a certain percentage of Medicare payments going forward.”

“Medicare reimbursement is already quite restricted and often doesn’t cover the actual costs for the services covered,” Dr. Kestner emphasized.

While some doctors are already asking patients about their firearms, it now appears the feds are ramping up this inquisition amid the recent appointment of the new Surgeon General, Dr. Vivek Hallegere Murthy, who called gun ownership “a public health issue [3].”

“[I'm] tired of politicians playing politics with guns, putting lives at risk because they’re scared of [the] NRA,” he tweeted out [4] in 2012. “Guns are a health care issue.”

About a year before President Obama nominated Dr. Murthy for Surgeon General, the White House released the president’s gun control agenda which reminded the public that Obamacare allowed doctors to ask patients about their firearms.

“Some have incorrectly claimed that language in the Affordable Care Act prohibits doctors from asking their patients about guns and gun safety,” the press release stated [5]. “Medical groups also continue to fight against state laws attempting to ban doctors from asking these questions.”

“The Administration will issue guidance clarifying that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit or otherwise regulate communication between doctors and patients, including about firearms.”

Delivered by The Daily Sheeple [6]

Contributed by Kit Daniels of Infowars.com [7].

Article printed from The Daily Sheeple: http://www.thedailysheeple.com

URL to article: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/report-feds-pressuring-more-doctors-to-ask-patients-about-their-guns_122014

URLs in this post:

[1] Image: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/gunfreezonex.jpg

[2] for The Murfreesboro Post: http://www.murfreesboropost.com/kestner-your-doctor-will-soon-ask-you-about-guns-cms-41109

[3] a public health issue: http://www.infowars.com/obamas-surgeon-general-pick-guns-are-a-public-health-issue/

[4] he tweeted out: http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/legal-regulatory-issues/dr-vivek-murthy-confirmed-as-surgeon-general.html

[5] press release stated: http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/wh_now_is_the_time_full.pdf

[6] The Daily Sheeple: http://www.TheDailySheeple.com/

[7] Infowars.com: http://www.infowars.com/report-feds-pressuring-more-doctors-to-ask-patients-about-their-guns/

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Report: Feds Pressuring More Doctors to Ask Patients About Their Guns
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 12:33:17 pm »
If any doctor asks me that, I'm telling them it's none of their business.  As an aside, I think a lot of people will decide not to report things like depression, etc - to their doctors for fear that this will open up a can of worms on them - like questions of do you have guns in the house, etc.

In other words, this will have an adverse impact on patient healthcare.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 05:29:11 pm »
If any doctor asks me that, I'm telling them it's none of their business.  As an aside, I think a lot of people will decide not to report things like depression, etc - to their doctors for fear that this will open up a can of worms on them - like questions of do you have guns in the house, etc.

In other words, this will have an adverse impact on patient healthcare.
That's exactly what will happen. If I told my dr. that I'm having trouble sleeping and he prescribes Paxil or some kind of anti-depressant just to help me sleep, what are the chances I'd get flagged as a mental case the next time I tried to purchase a gun? Is this where this is heading?

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 11:12:04 pm »
The Daily Sheeple and Infowars?  Going for a twofer of the biggest kook sites on the Internet.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 11:53:53 pm »
The Daily Sheeple and Infowars?  Going for a twofer of the biggest kook sites on the Internet.

I agree about the sources, but Drs are indeed asking patients about their weapon inventories.  I haven't been asked yet, but expect to be soon because we're switching Drs this coming year.  It's best to be prepared with my non-answer.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 02:19:38 am »
The solution is simple:
Just lie.

I'm not being facetious.

They don't have any business asking you about this, but if you answer in a tone that is combative or obviously evasive, that in itself may get entered into the record.

Again, they have no business asking you.

Just lie as convincingly as you can.

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 02:22:45 am »
The solution is simple:
Just lie.

I'm not being facetious.

They don't have any business asking you about this, but if you answer in a tone that is combative or obviously evasive, that in itself may get entered into the record.

Again, they have no business asking you.

Just lie as convincingly as you can.

Good point.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 02:22:59 am »
A reasonable solution.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 02:42:20 am »
But I have a concealed carry permit.  It would be easy enough to cross check that.  I have a real concern that many health issues could be used against you to revoke that, if they wanted to for any reason.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 03:29:24 am »
I agree about the sources, but Drs are indeed asking patients about their weapon inventories.  I haven't been asked yet, but expect to be soon because we're switching Drs this coming year.  It's best to be prepared with my non-answer.

A doctor asked that question of me about seven years ago. That type of political agenda has been floating around the medical profession for sometime now. I left the question blank and nothing was said of it.

Offline raml

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 01:27:34 pm »
My doctor has a list on his computer of required questions to ask when you have medicare when he first comes into the room. He says answer them or don't it is up to me but it is required he asks. I just don't answer if I think it is none of anyone's business and he goes on asking till he is done. He hates Obama and is a staunch republican he thinks Obamacare is the stupidest bill ever passed. He is only interested in my health problems if I have any not whether I have guns. When he retires I will have to worry but living in the area I do 99% of medical personal are republicans.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 01:58:32 pm »
1.  Plead the 5th.

2.  This will be typical of how they will use the various professions as cannon fodder while insulating themselves. 

3.  It's remarkable police are the targets while bureaucrats skate away scot free.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.