Author Topic: Black Corrections Officers Allegedly Beat White Inmate In Retaliation For Mike Brown & Eric Garner  (Read 373 times)

rangerrebew

Black Corrections Officers Allegedly Beat White Inmate In Retaliation For Mike Brown & Eric Garner

By V. Saxena, December 23, 2014.

NYC resident Joseph Haggerty claims that black correctional officers beat him up in retaliation for Eric Garner and Mike Brown, reports the Daily News:

Joseph Haggerty, 45, says in papers filed in Manhattan Supreme Court that the Sept. 18 incident started when he asked to be moved to a less crowded cell.

. . . In court papers, Haggerty’s lawyer Andrew Plasse says the unidentified black officer responded to Haggerty by telling him to “get his white ass over where he told it to go.” He then “assaulted” Haggerty “by punching (him) repeatedly in the rib area,” the suit says.

The “unknown African American Correction officer then made overt racial comments…telling (him) that this was retaliation for the Eric Garner and Michael Brown cases,” court papers say.

The papers say the officer then directed Haggerty to a bullpen where four other unknown African American correction officers “repeatedly assaulted” him.

These are some insane allegations that could very well be a fabrication. However, it should be noted that Haggerty suffered two broken ribs and a punctured lung. These injuries were confirmed exactly two days later when Haggerty was transferred to Elmhurst Hospital. Furthermore, according to the New York Post, Haggerty’s attorney claims that another inmate witnessed the attack.

So what do you think? Do you think he made up the story in an attempt to win some money from the city, or do you think there is any truth to his tale? I personally find it to be very dubious. I guess I find it hard to believe that any corrections officer, let alone a total of five, could be stupid enough to do something this darn idiotic.

Also keep in mind that the alleged victim, Joseph Haggerty, is a dirt bag who keeps violating a restraining order placed on him by his ex. This is in fact the fourth time the guy has been jailed for the same offense. The guy’s clearly rather loopy, you know?

Still, though, he did suffer confirmed injuries, and there is supposedly another inmate who witnessed the attack. Regardless, if it is confirmed that the officers did in fact beat him (in retaliation for Mike Brown and Eric Garner, I might add), then wow . . . it would just go to show that race relations in America have definitely not gotten any better since Obama took office!

http://downtrend.com/vsaxena/black-corrections-officers-beat-joseph-haggerty/
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 12:42:55 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Think it's a BS story.

He got beat, yes. Probably by his cell mates - but of course, they aren't worth suing.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink