Author Topic: Government Demands Christian Ministry Hire Non-Christians  (Read 736 times)

rangerrebew

Government Demands Christian Ministry Hire Non-Christians
« on: December 22, 2014, 05:34:33 pm »

Government Demands Christian Ministry Hire Non-Christians

By Gary DeMar   / 22 December 2014   / 23 Comments   

Once people call on the government to create laws on who a business can hire and fire, you can expect agencies that govern the terms of hiring and firing to grow exponentially as political pressure is put on the government by special interest groups to be treated specially.

Eric Holder’s Department of Justice just ruled that transgenders cannot be discriminated against.

“Attorney General Holder announced today that the Department of Justice will take the position in litigation that the protection of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 extends to claims of discrimination based on an individual’s gender identity, including transgender status.”

There’s no way to stop this runaway train.

Businesses should be allowed to hire and fire anybody they want for any reason. If a person doesn’t like the requirement a business sets for employment, that person can go elsewhere or start his or her own business and set different hiring regulations.

The move by the DOJ, “was met with some criticism. After the announcement, Peter Sprigg, senior director for policy studies of the Family Research Council, criticized Holder, saying that the original intent of the 1964 Civil Rights Act most certainly did not cover transgendered people. ‘Probably not one person thought they were passing a bill to protect men who wanted to become women or women who wanted to become men,’ Sprigg said.”

The same is true of the original intent of the RICO Act (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act). What was originally designed to stop “racketeering,” has been used to go after people who publicly opposed abortion.
Continue Reading at Godfather Politics...

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/12913/government-demands-christian-ministry-hire-non-christians/#ctubwIzLwqmXDWOC.99

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Government Demands Christian Ministry Hire Non-Christians
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 06:07:29 pm »

Businesses should be allowed to hire and fire anybody they want for any reason.

That has not been so, for several decades. I'm surprised the author is making such a statement.

For example, I'm certain President Reagan would have agreed it would be wrong, to discriminate, based on race, sex, religion, etc.

So this author's statement is far, far from the mainstream today of enlightened American thought. And his statement is not supported by the law, either.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 10:23:32 pm »
I might agree with you more if I heard that muslim organizations had the same responsibility.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 11:29:55 pm »
I might agree with you more if I heard that muslim organizations had the same responsibility.
Like many things, that would partly be prosecutorial discretion. And that is political.

I looked and looked again in the full article, for the material supporting the headline, btw.

That tends to be a recurring theme, with these fringe sites.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 11:53:36 pm »
The Supreme Court already ruled that religious organizations can refuse to hire someone who does not confirm to their religious requirements.  Some homosexual sued a Christian school for discrimination and lost.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton