Author Topic: Sixteen Years Ago.... By Quin Hillyer  (Read 3900 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Sixteen Years Ago.... By Quin Hillyer
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2014, 12:59:22 am »
You weren't dishonest; you lied. 

Have a nice Christmas.

Holy cow.  I didn't lie.  You didn't like the way I interpreted the words you put on the page.

Sorry, but I don't lie........... ever.

And YOU, sir, know it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2014, 01:08:29 am »
 :facepalm2:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2014, 01:17:13 am »
:facepalm2:

Back atcha.

Weird exchange.  Weird accusations.  Weirdness all around.

Everyone here knows I don't lie.  Saying I did was silly.

Bye.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2014, 01:59:07 am »
Back atcha.

Weird exchange.  Weird accusations.  Weirdness all around.

Everyone here knows I don't lie.  Saying I did was silly.

Bye.
:seeya:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2014, 02:22:30 am »
Very, very flawed "interpretation" for certain.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2014, 01:55:45 pm »
Very, very flawed "interpretation" for certain.

I waited for days before coming back to see what was said here. (Didn't want to wreck my Christmas by more dopey, baseless accusations about my integrity).

truth_seeker, I actually appreciate your response that you feel my interpretation was "flawed."  I would expect that because you look at things through the eyes of a social liberal who thinks those of us who are social conservatives are a extremists.

But I also very much appreciate that you didn't attack below the belt by calling me a liar. (It's so ridiculous, I'm still in awe that someone who actually has been around here so long would use such a shameless tactic).

Nonetheless, a week later I stand by my interpretation because the words are in the MAC's posts, and the conclusion is logical....

-Social conservatives who emphasize the need to stop abortion have an 'agenda' and are 'extremists'
-The polls show that Americans don't rank abortion high on their scales of importance
- Therefore Republicans should stick with the "big issues" and avoid the "extremist agenda" of having the saving babies' lives as a priority.  ("Extremist agenda" are words used by social liberals, not by me.  There's nothing "extremist," IMO, about countering the pro-death left and working politically against the leftist abortion agenda).

It is a completely rational and logical interpretation that the person who said those words doesn't think the killing of the unborn is a "big issue."  He as much as said it directly.  (I said nothing about his personal views, which I never said I knew.  Only on what he has concluded politically is not a 'big issue').

There would have been no abolition movement, and no Republican party in the first place in the 19th century if people had sought to go with the "popular" issues and not the important issues.  I believe it is a wrong headed view to avoid the unpleasantness of dealing with abortion and sticking with the so-called "big issues."

By saying that the current Republican party needs to stick with those "big issues" and avoid discussion of what is quite literally "the slaughter of millions of babies," is drawing the conclusion, in my view, that Republicans should avoid what is right to do what is politically expedient, and that those of us who believe that the issue is far too important to avoid are somehow a danger to the Republican party.

I have seen that argument time and time again from a handful of posters here, and I strongly disagree.

If people have such thin skin that they can't handle the conclusions drawn by others from the actual statements they make, that they need to counter-attack by calling those who disagree liars, then the problem is theirs, and theirs alone.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2014, 02:01:48 pm »
You truly do have some serious issues ML.  And you're actually teaching others?  Teacher, teach thyself.   :whistle:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2014, 02:58:21 pm »
You truly do have some serious issues ML.  And you're actually teaching others?  Teacher, teach thyself.   :whistle:

What issues?  Concern for the unborn? Honesty?  An interest in dialogue?  A dislike of being falsely accused? (I'll admit to that one).

Tell you what, MAC.  Just don't lash out when I offend you and say stupid things like saying I lied, and we'll be fine.

I'll apologize when I'm wrong (I already have, if you recall), and you can do the same thing.  And we can both stay away from the ad hominems (like the ones you just smeared me with)....... OK?

We disagree on a few big things, but agree on some other issues.  And I'm not leaving this forum just because of one or two people who can't get along......

And, btw, actually, I'm an outstanding music teacher, FWIW........  ^-^

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2014, 03:02:17 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/embed/YjntXYDPw44

Thanks for that video, Bigun.

Much food for thought in those few words.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2014, 03:14:01 pm »
Thanks for that video, Bigun.

Much food for thought in those few words.

You are quite welcome!

The fact is that what is expressed in that video was entirely known to the founders of this once great republic and just as well known to those who have, from the very beginning,  always sought to undermine and destroy it. That is why we see Christians being attacked the world over these days! They think they have us on the ropes and are now going in for the coup de gras!

Sadly, they may just be right.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2014, 03:21:25 pm »
You are quite welcome!

The fact is that what is expressed in that video was entirely known to the founders of this once great republic and just as well known to those who have, from the very beginning,  always sought to undermine and destroy it. That is why we see Christians being attacked the world over these days! They think they have us on the ropes and are now going in for the coup de gras!

In this country, perhaps they may be right, but not the world over.

(It's good to know "the rest of the story." Righteousness wins in the end.  :laugh:)

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2014, 05:53:10 pm »
You are quite welcome!

Interestingly, Christians are being attacked world wide by other religious groups.  I'm not sure how that fits in with the theme of the video.  And in many places, people "willingly" obey the laws out of fear rather than a belief in a higher order.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2014, 11:35:07 pm »
Interestingly, Christians are being attacked world wide by other religious groups.  I'm not sure how that fits in with the theme of the video.  And in many places, people "willingly" obey the laws out of fear rather than a belief in a higher order.

“Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”

Alexis de Tocqueville

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2014, 01:17:58 am »
Thanks for the quote above, Bigun, and right back at you with another:

"America is great because she is good.  If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great."

-- Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2014, 02:32:07 pm »
Bigun and Fishrrman...

de Tocqueville had it right.  When we divorce liberty from morality, and a belief in a higher power and set of values, we invite license and eventually chaos (where everyone "does what is right in his own eyes.").

If we don't keep the moral framework in place that keeps there is no longer a reason to keep the law.

I believe we're seeing that occurring right now in America, and it will not get better without a serious return to the values our country was founded upon and the understanding that our Founders had that America cannot survive without them.