Author Topic: Rosie O’Donnell Disgusted by CIA Tactics but Put in Her Place by the View Co-host  (Read 748 times)

rangerrebew

Rosie O’Donnell Disgusted by CIA Tactics but Put in Her Place by the View Co-host

By Onan Coca   / 16 December 2014   / 124 Comments   

Rosie O’Donnell is no stranger to controversy… but she may have met her match when it comes to the “torture” debate.

She recently flew off the handle about the recent Senate “torture” report and was probably not expecting much pushback, but that’s exactly what cohost Nicolle Wallace gave her!

Rosie was of course arguing that the CIA was evil and that the “tortured” terrorists should be freed because Republicans are evil… but that’s when Wallace stepped in to add some logic and honesty to the conversation.

WALLACE: And I think–of course. I mean listen, reliving the things that the government had to do. You know, after 9/11 I worked in the White House. I was in the building, I was evacuated and I remember the guards saying to me take off your shoes. I said what? They said you can run faster if you take those shoes off. And you know what kind of shoes I wear, they’re not that high. So I took off my shoes and I ran up Connecticut Avenue and I remember calling my dad and I said they think the fourth plane is coming for us, I love you. And my dad tells the story in a much more emotional way than I remember it.

Nicolle-Wallace-Rosie-ODonnell-feudI was sort of, it was like covering my bases, logistics. I called mom and dad. So I went running up Connecticut Avenue and in the months and days after 9/11 the debate in this country and the debate in the White House where I worked wasn't whether or not we would get hit, it was which city was next. So my family’s from the San Francisco Bay area and I have some friends here from there now. I told my mom and dad stop driving over the bridge, you’ve got family in the Bay area. Stay off those bridges.

O’DONNELL: You were very afraid after 9/11. All of us were.

WALLACE: The whole country was.

O’DONNELL: All of us.

WALLACE: And I think that the way this divides the country today is people either feel that the actions that the government took, and listen, the last three days I’ve been asked about this a lot in this job and in my other job at MSNBC and I have never had more people call me and thank me for defending the men and women of the CIA who were simply doing their jobs.

O’DONNELL: And I’ve never had so many people call me to say thank you for saying the other point.

WALLACE: Let me just finish I didn’t interrupt.

O’DONNELL: So I just want to put that out there.

WALLACE: So both sides of the debate I think are being adequately represented here. But to the men and women who were simply doing their jobs, and for them this was traumatic. And I don't think anyone is defending brutal tactics. That's why they don't happen anymore. But I have never been more proud to defend the people who walk the line for this country and this city and the city in which I worked, the city where my mom and dad lived--.

O’DONNELL: Well, I'm sorry you feel the ends justifies the means. But I don’t think Machiavellian techniques is really the foundation of democracy in America.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/12690/rosie-odonnell-disgusted-cia-tactics-put-place-view-co-host/#CzOF3bwsQ6AK6jv2.99

Oceander

That's alright.  Most of us are disgusted by Rosie O’Donnell.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That's alright.  Most of us are disgusted by Rosie O’Donnell.

:amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Millee

I don't see where she was "put in her place".  That evil cow never admits she's wrong about anything. 

rangerrebew

She is correct, of course.  America was not built upon the Machiavellian principle of the end justifies the means.  Unfortunately for Mssssssss. Rosie, the same cannot be said for liberalism/democrat party.  Go back to the early 1860s when democrats tried to save slavery by destroying the Union.  Back to their attempts to stop the 13th Amendment to keep blacks from realizing the American dream.  Let's go back to 1964 when democrats fought to deny blacks their Civil Rights.  We can go to the current time when the democrats lied about everything to get Obamacare passed; when they concocted a story about muslims being mad about some film they had never seen to protect their lack foresight in Benghazi.  Of course there a myriads of other examples in between and occurring daily but she was correct, these actions were not part of the founding.