Author Topic: Ted Cruz was right again -- American Thinker piece  (Read 663 times)

Offline olde north church

Ted Cruz was right again -- American Thinker piece
« on: December 16, 2014, 12:05:41 pm »
The usual suspects are attacking Ted Cruz for doing his job.

Republicans and a chorus of conservative commentators are dumping on the sole conservative Republican senator from Texas because – the horror! – he dared to force his Senate colleagues to publicly take sides on President Obama's shameful extralegal unilateral immigration amnesty.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2014/12/ted_cruz_was_right_again.html#ixzz3M3tAI7ed
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2014/12/ted_cruz_was_right_again.html
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Ted Cruz was right again -- American Thinker piece
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 02:28:41 pm »
Of course he's right!

The reason he is being attacked is that he is a REAL threat to the current inside the beltway game!

They will ALWAYS tell you who they most fear.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Ted Cruz was right again -- American Thinker piece
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 02:34:35 pm »
What really infuriates namby-pamby Republican senators is that Cruz forced them to take a public stand on the president's unilateral amnesty.  They know that the Republican Party base is mad as hell over the amnesty, and they don't feel the need to answer to mere hoi polloi.  Bought off by the crony capitalist lobby, they support amnesty but don't want to face the electoral consequences for their betrayal of the American people.  Just as Democrats don't want to get rid of poverty, Republicans in leadership don't want to stop the amnesty (or get rid of Obamacare, for that matter).  They need villains against which to rail.

TRUTH spoken here!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien