Author Topic: Muslim student persecuted, told to ‘shut the f*ck up’ … because he’s conservative  (Read 906 times)

rangerrebew

Muslim student persecuted, told to ‘shut the f*ck up’ … because he’s conservative

By Howard Portnoy on December 13, 2014 at 10:21 am

Ahh, the party of tolerance and civility strikes again! This time, liberal antagonists at the University of Michigan had to decide which was more important to them: their blind defense of all things Muslim or their hatred of conservatives.

It appears from a story at the College Fix that the latter instinct won out. Omar Mahmood, a Muslim student who espouses conservative and libertarian beliefs, returned to his apartment to find the words d*ck” and “scum” scrawled on his door, along withe invitation to  “shut the f*ck up.” Some of the vandalism was visual and included included an image of the devil.

Some of the warnings were posted on paper that included a print out of Mahmood’s satirical essay he wrote recently for the conservative campus publication the Michigan Review that poked fun of liberals’ victimhood mentality. That column, titled “Do the Left Thing,” caused an uproar among some on campus and triggered his termination as a columnist from the mainstream Michigan Daily student newspaper.

The vandalism was discovered Friday morning by Mahmood’s roommates. They live in an apartment complex that mostly houses students just outside the campus property.

In an interview with The College Fix, Mahmood described the scene he encountered:

There was a cracked egg thrown at the door, hot dogs thrown at the door. The messages were clearly threatening. These people don’t know me personally, so I don’t know why they would do this with such vengeance. This seems like a very personal attack.

Mahmood acknowledges that his political views are not consistent by and large with those of his Islamic peers on campus, but calls that “ironic”:

I think most Muslims have a lot in common with the principles of American conservatism. I have libertarian and traditionalist views, and I think those are very compatible with Islam. Muslims should be in line with them. I don’t know why we have to side with the more angry activists who are morally depraved.

Mahmood should take some solace from the fact that there is no Muslim equivalent to “Uncle Tom,” the name used by liberals to smear blacks who have the temerity to think for themselves.

Read more at http://libertyunyielding.com/2014/12/13/muslim-student-victimized-told-shut-fck-hes-conservative/#6KWc70M4CHKbYMEO.99

Offline kevindavis007

It seems that the left would rather align themselves with Radical Islam..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline musiclady

The motivation behind the left's embrace of Islam is their hatred for Conservatives and Christians.

It makes sense that, given the choice between hating conservatism and embracing Islam, their baser instincts to hate us trumps supporting any Muslim.

Besides which, as kevin says above, the left supports radical Islam.  (My guess is, because they kill Christians).  This guy isn't radical, so he joins us in the 'enemy' camp.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The motivation behind the left's embrace of Islam is their hatred for Conservatives and Christians.

It makes sense that, given the choice between hating conservatism and embracing Islam, their baser instincts to hate us trumps supporting any Muslim.

Besides which, as kevin says above, the left supports radical Islam.  (My guess is, because they kill Christians).  This guy isn't radical, so he joins us in the 'enemy' camp.

They also kill Jews. In fact, hatred of Jews and Jewishness is a core part of their, so called, religion. It is actually written, 'Kill the Jews where you find them.' And yet, Islam is hailed and praised by the Left. However, if there was a Christian preacher preaching about killing all Jews, he would more likely than not wind up in prison. And yet the Muslims openly preach about killing Jews and 'Infidels' and they do it. It is inscribed as part of their 'law'. And yet they are considered to be the 'victims' by the Left.

If you look at the history of 'Leftism', the movement has always been anti-semitic. Which makes American Jews even more confusing. Why would they ally themselves with a dogma which hates them and wants to kill them and has always killed them in history?

When I ask them this, the answer is just as you said. Their fear and somewhat 'hatred' of Christianity is stronger than their own sense of self preservation and it is stronger than their own common sense.

But the other reason the Left admires Islam, is because Islam is 'rule by force'. Islam does not negotiate or debate. And the Left does not negotiate or debate. The Left respects force and violence to advance their agenda, and Islam is full of both.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
 The modern left are, ironically, essentially fascists. So this, the alliance with Islam, makes perfect sense.  Jihadists are merely the storm troopers of the western leftists, doing the necessary wet work they are too squeamish or fat and rich to do for themselves these latter days (Stalin and Mao would be so disappointed).

One day these storm troops may become quite inconvenient for them, but in the meantime, they are killing the first enemy of the left, so they are welcomed with multi-cultural fervor.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline kevindavis007

The modern left are, ironically, essentially fascists. So this, the alliance with Islam, makes perfect sense.  Jihadists are merely the storm troopers of the western leftists, doing the necessary wet work they are too squeamish or fat and rich to do for themselves these latter days (Stalin and Mao would be so disappointed).

One day these storm troops may become quite inconvenient for them, but in the meantime, they are killing the first enemy of the left, so they are welcomed with multi-cultural fervor.

My fear is this, ISIS rises up here in the states (by their followers it is a matter of time imho), and they take over a part of this country.  The left will support it. However, the minute they live under ISIS control, they will change their tune right away.  Granted this is a scenario, that could or could not happen.. I'm just laying out a doomsday scenario..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline kevindavis007

Believe it or not there are conservative Muslims and we should welcome them.

Oceander

We should welcome anyone and everyone who has values consistent with ours.

Offline kevindavis007

We should welcome anyone and everyone who has values consistent with ours.

Exactly..

Offline musiclady

I agree.

Completely.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

That is also why islam allied itself with Hitler.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
kevindavis wrote above:
[[ Believe it or not there are conservative Muslims and we should welcome them. ]]

They are not welcome in my world.
Sorry.

If that makes me islamophobic, xenophobic, "racist", or whatever else you wish to call it, too bad.
The events of September 11 convinced me of that. I walked in the dust of the twin towers as soon as the troops opened that back up to the public about a week after it happened.

Welcoming "conservative" muslims into one's [western] nation is the functional equivalent of welcoming non-malignant cancer cells into one's body.

They may not look dangerous now.
But can they -- and the offspring they produce -- be trusted in the future?

Addendum:
I might change my mind -- if THEY are willing to change from islam to Christianity, and make a public, recorded testimony of that conversion in which they renounce any previous adherence to muhammed...

Offline Carling

I'm always suspect of stories like this one, be they from "victims" from the left or the right.   :whistle:

Let's not assume things here, Briefers. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------