Author Topic: Sharpton struggles to find marchers for DC protest  (Read 502 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sharpton struggles to find marchers for DC protest
« on: December 13, 2014, 02:11:18 pm »
http://nypost.com/2014/12/13/sharpton-struggles-to-find-marchers-for-dc-protest/

Sharpton struggles to find marchers for DC protest

By Aaron Short and Laura Italiano

December 13, 2014 | 1:55am

The Rev. Al Sharpton is keeping expectations low for Saturday’s National March Against Police Violence — predicting that only “several thousand” protesters will gather along Washington’s Pennsylvania Avenue.

“We have over 100 buses coming from New York alone, but I’m not giving out numbers,” Sharpton told The Post Friday night.

The permit is for just 5,000 protesters, a National Parks Service spokesperson said Friday.

That’s modest by DC protest standards.

Martin Luther King Jr. amassed a crowd of 250,000 for his 1963 civil-rights march; the 1995 Million Man March drew 400,000 to the nation’s capital.

“We only had eight days to plan,” explained Sharpton, who was still drumming up marchers on his syndicated radio show ­Friday night.

The city teachers union and Local 1199, the huge social-services union, are sending just a few hundred members each, reps said.

Sharpton joked of Saturday’s Manhattan ­SantaCon gathering, expected to have 30,000 participants: “They have all year to plan; I had just over a week.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Sharpton struggles to find marchers for DC protest
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 02:21:23 pm »
So, expect to see a lot of coverage with a lot of close shots so we won't see how pitiful the turn-out really is.  Probably lots of talk about bad weather conditions too, blah...blah...blah...

:yawn2:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!