Author Topic: House passes spending bill with little time to spare  (Read 8124 times)

Offline Relic

Re: House passes spending bill with little time to spare
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2014, 05:06:53 pm »
There are posters who post here and continue to post at TOS

*Gasp* You're kidding?! They should be hunted down, scorned, scolded, ridiculed and banned!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2014, 07:10:19 pm »
How long? I do not see any proof of this.

How long did it take to get to this point?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2014, 07:13:37 pm »
I'm not going to respond to that because I am trying to get into the holiday spirit myself....but you have rustled my feathers... :smokin:

btw..if this was anything like TOS you wouldn't still be here! :whistle:

Hell!

If this was ANYTHING like TOS I would not be here.

Twelve or so different me's have been quicked out of there twelve different  times.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2014, 07:18:32 pm »
Hell!

If this was ANYTHING like TOS I would not be here.

Twelve or so different me's have been quicked out of there twelve different  times.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2014, 07:42:42 pm »
I guess I'm strange - at least from my opinion/perspective of our members - I appreciate the viewpoints of those who, at times, seem to be the most polarizing.  We have strong opinions - yes.  But we definitely do not have the kookery of TOS. 

And our hosts are unbeatable.

---

As for me, I will wait for the new Congress to be seated before passing too much judgment.  I am hopeful because, as DCP said elsewhere, what's the point of being otherwise?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 07:59:17 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2014, 08:07:08 pm »
I guess I'm strange - at least from my opinion/perspective of our members - I appreciate the viewpoints of those who, at times, seem to be the most polarizing.  We have strong opinions - yes.  But we definitely do not have the kookery of TOS. 

---

As for me, I will wait for the new Congress to be seated before passing too much judgment.  I am hopeful because, as DCP said elsewhere, what's the point of being otherwise?

I like some parts and don't like some parts, but and I stress but, it is better to fight the amnesty when the GOP has control of both houses.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online libertybele

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2014, 09:06:21 pm »
Big win for Obama....and Boehner helped...

Conservatives and voters left out to dry....

Exactly. A push back against amnesty should have been one of the deciding issues ... instead we get white potatoes?  Seriously?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2014, 09:16:36 pm »
Since I am new to this forum I am not aware of what TOS is...please enlighten me.

As for the negativity ... well ... all I can say is we have had 6 long years and 534 members of Congress have done very little to stop the agenda of this president.  Granted we had a GOP tidal wave last month, but I for one don't expect the RINO's to change overnight (if ever).  Those that sat idly by or voted along Dem lines will continue to do so.  It may become a real battle between the GOP establishment and Dems against conservatives.  We will know soon after the newly elected are sworn in. Remember Washington has been broken for a very long time. The better news is we will have 30 Republican governors come January ... I feel that is where the real power is in pushing back the agenda of this president.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2014, 09:37:48 pm »
Since I am new to this forum I am not aware of what TOS is...please enlighten me.

The owners and many of the posters all met at FreeRepublic...known here as "TOS"  The Other Site.  We go back to the late 90's and have evolved and bounced ourselves around...but we're HERE! 

Strong bonds with other posters and similar POV on events going back to the Blue Dress.  And every major event since.

Hope you stay awhile, libertybele.  See for yourself...   :laugh:

As for the negativity ... well ... all I can say is we have had 6 long years and 534 members of Congress have done very little to stop the agenda of this president.  Granted we had a GOP tidal wave last month, but I for one don't expect the RINO's to change overnight (if ever).  Those that sat idly by or voted along Dem lines will continue to do so.  It may become a real battle between the GOP establishment and Dems against conservatives.  We will know soon after the newly elected are sworn in. Remember Washington has been broken for a very long time. The better news is we will have 30 Republican governors come January ... I feel that is where the real power is in pushing back the agenda of this president.

That couldn't be done with a Harry Reid Senate, being the minority.  Hundreds of GOP bills have 'died' at Harry's desk.

That's why there's a growing consensus here that since we're invested Republicans, we may as well wait until the new Congress is seated...in about 4 weeks...BEFORE we pass judgment on Boehner and O'Connell.

Bending over, not making waves till then has certainly ruffled leaders like Sarah Palin, but politically speaking, it's the best thing to do.  The country is sick of Obama.

They can wait another month before we start booing.   LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2014, 10:02:28 pm »
The owners and many of the posters all met at FreeRepublic...known here as "TOS"  The Other Site.  We go back to the late 90's and have evolved and bounced ourselves around...but we're HERE! 

Strong bonds with other posters and similar POV on events going back to the Blue Dress.  And every major event since.

That couldn't be done with a Harry Reid Senate, being the minority.  Hundreds of GOP bills have 'died' at Harry's desk.

That's why there's a growing consensus here that since we're invested Republicans, we may as well wait until the new Congress is seated...in about 4 weeks...BEFORE we pass judgment on Boehner and O'Connell.

Bending over, not making waves till then has certainly ruffled leaders like Sarah Palin, but politically speaking, it's the best thing to do.  The country is sick of Obama.

Thanks for the info. I hear what you are saying and agree that we should give the newly electeds a chance at least for a short while.  Granted Reid was an obstructionist but Boehner has proven time and time again that he doesn't have much backbone and has caved to the Dems more than once.  As for McConnell, I have done enough research on him to voice my opinion.

I do know, that we cannot afford to allow Obama free reign for another 2 years.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 10:03:43 pm by libertybele »

SPQR

« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2014, 10:56:03 pm »
With all due respect, that's ridiculous.   :laugh:

Did you know your leaders might still be posting there?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2014, 11:07:09 pm »
Did you know your leaders might still be posting there?

And??    :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

SPQR

« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2014, 11:35:24 pm »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2014, 11:57:54 pm »
You might be suprised

I wouldn't be. Why should I be?  Good grief.
John Steinbeck

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2014, 01:03:09 am »

... and Rush, and Hannity, and others that all have one thing in common.

They make their living off politics, but they're not in politics or government.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2014, 01:03:52 am »
You might be suprised

And your point is?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2014, 01:20:21 am »

---

Hear!  Hear!  To all of the above!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

SPQR

« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2014, 01:21:48 am »
And your point is?

You have a person in authority swimming at both ends of the pool.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2014, 02:05:41 am »
You have a person in authority swimming at both ends of the pool.
Does a restaurant owner eat at other venues? Does a publisher read other publications? Does a bar owner have a drink elsewhere?  Look, you are likely tacitly implying myst is at FR.  So what?  We have known her for years and her integrity is beyond reproach, her patience immeasurable with the likes of some of us. We know who she is. 

I visit there with some regularity. I know Bigun posts there from time-to-time.  Others may as well.

So... Your point?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 02:23:40 am by Lando Lincoln »
John Steinbeck

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2014, 02:25:14 am »
Not that I have to explain myself...but...I do occasionally post at FR..as well as Facebook and twitter...mainly I am posting and promoting members works from here or inviting FR  and other sites I just mentioned to participate in our polls.....what I do there is promote TBR..my one and only love.......Trigger you are trying my patience..if you don't like it here no one is forcing you to be here....
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2014, 02:29:01 am »
Not that I have to explain myself...

No, no you don't myst.  A good many of us have been here from Day One.  We know.
John Steinbeck

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2014, 03:03:42 am »
Not that I have to explain myself...but...I do occasionally post at FR..as well as Facebook and twitter...mainly I am posting and promoting members works from here or inviting FR  and other sites I just mentioned to participate in our polls.....what I do there is promote TBR..my one and only love.......Trigger you are trying my patience..if you don't like it here no one is forcing you to be here....

I know that if it weren't for someone posting at TOS - I wouldn't be here today.  Some kind soul private-mailed me there when I was under siege for supporting Rick Perry and daring to mildly criticize Sarah Palin, and invited me to The Briefing Room.  I lurked for awhile and then decided it was the place for me.  I used to check Free Republic a lot, but I rarely do anymore, I like it here much better!

Thank you to whoever invited me. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2014, 03:20:20 am »
DC Patriot wrote above:
[[ That's why there's a growing consensus here that since we're invested Republicans, we may as well wait until the new Congress is seated...in about 4 weeks...BEFORE we pass judgment on Boehner and O'Connell. ]]

Can't disagree with that.

I believe we'll find out if there's really going to be a change in Congress within, say, six to eight months of the new year.

I predict that we are going to see a flood of "executive orders" and actions that are as dangerous and autocratic as the executive amnesty, perhaps moreso.

It's how the "new Republican majority" reacts to them, that is going to illustrate if they have any interest in reasserting their power in Washington, or if it's just gonna remain business-as-usual with a few more votes-for-show in the Senate.

My other prediction:
If indeed the Pubbies do nothing to try to reverse or at least put the air brakes on Obama, look for a stunning upset in 2016.

And it ain't gonna be the Republicans doin' the upsettin'...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 03:21:12 am by Fishrrman »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2014, 03:24:55 am »
I know that if it weren't for someone posting at TOS - I wouldn't be here today.  Some kind soul private-mailed me there when I was under siege for supporting Rick Perry and daring to mildly criticize Sarah Palin, and invited me to The Briefing Room.  I lurked for awhile and then decided it was the place for me.  I used to check Free Republic a lot, but I rarely do anymore, I like it here much better!

Thank you to whoever invited me. you

I just took a stroll through some of the saved PM's over there.  I can't find one where I invited you - but I did at least one other who is here.  You know alice, I would have had I known!!  You might not have lurked at all!
John Steinbeck

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2014, 03:29:00 am »

Thank you to whoever invited me.

If it wasn't me it was one of TBR's elfs which we have many...we are glad you are here!!
Support the USO