Author Topic: House passes spending bill with little time to spare  (Read 8123 times)

Oceander

Re: House passes spending bill with little time to spare
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2014, 04:53:39 am »
Not at all. This bill cuts IRS funding by $345 million, cuts the EPA AGAIN, and allows GOP opportunity to address immigration issue in February.

The negativity around this place has become intolerable. Not quite as bad as TOS, but almost.  Seems to me that ideological rigidity should be proving to its adherents that it's unrealistic. Gotta be flexible. Politics is the  art of the possible.

With all due respect, I really disagree.  There is negativity, of course, but that is not all there is here.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2014, 04:53:49 am »
Not at all. This bill cuts IRS funding by $345 million, cuts the EPA AGAIN, and allows GOP opportunity to address immigration issue in February.

The negativity around this place has become intolerable. Not quite as bad as TOS, but almost.  Seems to me that ideological rigidity should be proving to its adherents that it's unrealistic. Gotta be flexible. Politics is the  art of the possible.

If the deal was so great, why did the GOP fund it through Feb.? Why give Obozo and DHS two months into a GOP Congress to run wild on illegal immigration and whatever else that pinhead decides to do? Why not cut off the resolution say at January 10th, and then paste the White House in the face?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

SPQR

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2014, 05:05:15 am »
Non-Euclidean space!!!  With a dynamic metric tensor.

Thank you for answering that. I am not a astrophysicist.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2014, 05:12:07 am »
Non-Euclidean space!!!  With a dynamic metric tensor.
I believe if the pendulum is swinging at close to the speed of light, or if the pendulum is so massive that it collapses in on itself...then it can warp space.

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2014, 05:18:38 am »
If the deal was so great, why did the GOP fund it through Feb.? Why give Obozo and DHS two months into a GOP Congress to run wild on illegal immigration and whatever else that pinhead decides to do? Why not cut off the resolution say at January 10th, and then paste the White House in the face?
Good legislation takes time because it is read and debated.  Rushed bills contain errors and you have to pass it to find out what is in it.
http://www.freep.com/story/news/health/2014/12/07/healthcare-subsidies-court-challenge/19962491/
In a case before the U.S. Supreme Court, known as King v. Burwell, plaintiffs argue that the law allows subsidies to be offered only to consumers who purchase policies on state-run exchanges. After a contentious debate, lawmakers in Michigan decided against running a state exchange. By default, the federal government runs the Michigan Health Insurance Marketplace through its www.healthcare.gov portal.

In fact, just 16 states and the District of Columbia launched their own exchanges in 2014.

Until the nine justices decide the case — one that observers say is the biggest threat to the law right now — that puts subsidies such as the one the Barnetts received in question.

More than 13 million people in 37 states could lose their subsidies, according to an analysis earlier this month by the Kaiser Family Foundation, a California-based nonprofit focused on health care issues and research.

Oceander

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2014, 05:25:28 am »
I believe if the pendulum is swinging at close to the speed of light, or if the pendulum is so massive that it collapses in on itself...then it can warp space.

All mass warps space, the denser/bigger the mass, the greater the warp.  However, to avoid retracing the path, the warp must be changing as the pendulum moves so that the local curvature is different each time the pendulum passes over it.

Oceander

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2014, 05:26:06 am »
Thank you for answering that. I am not a astrophysicist.

You are most welcome!!!  Neither am I, and I don't even play one on TV!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2014, 05:32:34 am »
More proof we are at each others throats

That's being at each other's throats?

Really?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

SPQR

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2014, 05:34:22 am »
You are most welcome!!!  Neither am I, and I don't even play one on TV!

Really I do appreciate answering that. I did not know. When the question was posed it had an attitude behind it.

SPQR

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2014, 05:35:03 am »
That's being at each other's throats?

Really?

Just read the posts in the last several months and Sinkspur is 100 percent correct and I do not normally agree with Sinkspur on anything.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 05:36:18 am by Trigger »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2014, 05:37:32 am »

This is further proof of nothing ever being good enough.

Congress is sworn in on January 3rd, but you want the Democrats pinned to a fence in 7 days, nit 28.

Give it a break already.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

SPQR

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2014, 05:38:08 am »
Just read the posts in the last several months and Sinkspur is 100 percent correct and I do not normally agree with Sinkspur on anything.

Its slowly becoming TOS 2.0

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2014, 05:40:06 am »

My point on the pendulum was that it takes time to get things back to some level of normalcy and sanity.

There's a number of people in this forum who are accusing the new GOP majority of everything from malfeasance to treason, and they're weeks away from being sworn in.

SPQR

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2014, 05:53:57 am »
My point on the pendulum was that it takes time to get things back to some level of normalcy and sanity.

There's a number of people in this forum who are accusing the new GOP majority of everything from malfeasance to treason, and they're weeks away from being sworn in.

How long? I do not see any proof of this.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 05:54:57 am by Trigger »

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2014, 05:55:20 am »
Where are the Kittie Brigades, Zots, and Opus's?  This place is nothing like TOS.  TOS was an echo chamber of "Me too Jim!" Angry debate here proves the breifingroom is not an echo chamber.

SPQR

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2014, 05:56:34 am »
Where are the Kittie Brigades, Zots, and Opus's?  This place is nothing like TOS.  TOS was an echo chamber of "Me too Jim!" Angry debate here proves the breifingroom is not an echo chamber.

This place tends to be an echo chamber from time to time. There are even posters who post there and post here.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 05:59:19 am by Trigger »

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2014, 06:07:34 am »
This place tends to be an echo chamber from time to time. There are even posters who post there and post here.
I'm proud to say I got banned for speaking the truth to Jim.

SPQR

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2014, 06:14:02 am »
I'm proud to say I got banned for speaking the truth to Jim.

If it happened there, it can happen here. Very easily. Nobody is absolutely safe at any board. You are at mercy at the powers at be here like all of us who was at the mercy of Jim. To a certain extent Jim still has influence here.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 06:20:29 am by Trigger »

SPQR

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2014, 06:22:19 am »

With all due respect, I really disagree.  There is negativity, of course, but that is not all there is here.

Sink is dead on target on this one.

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2014, 06:29:01 am »
If it happened there, it can happen here. Very easily. Nobody is absolutely safe at any board. You are at mercy at the powers at be here like all of us who was at the mercy of Jim. To a certain extent Jim still has influence here.
Perhaps, but I doubt it from my experiences of the last few years here...and I don't think Jim has any influence here.  Good night Trigger.  I wish you a Merry Christmas. 

SPQR

« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2014, 06:31:34 am »
Perhaps, but I doubt it from my experiences of the last few years here...and I don't think Jim has any influence here.  Good night Trigger.  I wish you a Merry Christmas.

If we have posters swimming at both ends of the pool Jim influence is still here.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2014, 01:55:56 pm »

I'm not going to respond to that because I am trying to get into the holiday spirit myself....but you have rustled my feathers... :smokin:

btw..if this was anything like TOS you wouldn't still be here! :whistle:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 02:12:57 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2014, 03:36:47 pm »
I'm not going to respond to that because I am trying to get into the holiday spirit myself....but you have rustled my feathers... :smokin:

:beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2014, 03:48:48 pm »

Ain't that the truth!  Sure we disagree on things, but for the most part, we keep it civil.  I don't want to participate in an echo chamber - no matter how much other people's opinions irk me sometimes.  I love that we can still respect each other - there is a lot more that we share common ground on than we differ on.

Thank you Nancy and Tracy for this wonderful site! 

:patriot:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2014, 04:43:40 pm »

With all due respect, that's ridiculous.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald