Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: 'My daughter told the truth': Father of girl at center of University of Virginia 'gang rape' storm defends 20-year-old saying she WAS raped - and simply made mistake over name of fraternity where 'attack' happened  (Read 904 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2865965/My-daughter-told-truth-Father-girl-center-University-Virginia-gang-rape-storm-defends-20-year-old-saying-raped-simply-mistake-fraternity-attack-happened.html

Jackie's father told MailOnline his daughter was not a liar despite Rolling Stone magazine saying there were flaws in her account
    He said she had only been at university two weeks when attack happened and had simply got fraternity name wrong
    Jackie told the magazine she was raped by seven men in a frat-house after being taken there by her date
    Magazine said she identified them as Phi Kappa Psi but she then told the Washington Post that she had NOT said they were members of fraternity
    The magazine apologized for its article and said questions had been raised over Jackie's credibility - and was accused of 'victim blaming'
    The magazine has now admitted 'these mistakes are on Rolling Stone, not on Jackie' after being doused in criticism for apology
    Father, speaking at northern Virginia home, says his daughter has been 'crucified' after speaking out

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Way to much people crying wolf about rape...

It seems that way, probably because women know they can scream "rape!" and few if anyone will question them.  Anyone who does will be branded as a sexist and promptly destroyed.

Until recently, few would even dare to suggest the accuser could be lying.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:01:05 am by Atomic Cow »
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Carling

We did not rape girls at my fraternity house.

I was in a house (Sigma Chi) with 120-some active members, 40-something living in the house at any time, and up to 25 pledges a semester.  If anything like this had ever come close to happening, let alone as a ritual, as Jackie Coakley claims, the police would have had to charge many of us for beating up our own pledges and brothers had they partook in such a heinous, and fictional, crime.  No way this happened, none, zero. 

Your daughter is a mentally unstable liar, Mr. Coakley. 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:25:24 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online kevindavis007

It seems that way, probably because women know they can scream "rape!" and few if anyone will question them.  Anyone who does will be branded as a sexist and promptly destroyed.

Until recently, few would even dare to suggest the accuser could be lying.

My fear is this is, the more they cry wolf, the less likely people are going believe in legit cases of rape.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Carling

Another thing.  It was Jackie Coakley's group One Less which led the protests against Phi Psi, which ended with broken windows and vandalism.  Jackie, not once, though that "hey, we're not at the right house, guys!" 

I hope Rolling Stone and the Coakley family are taken to the cleaners.  They'd be smart to lawyer up, but apparently the dad is as out of touch with reality as his own daughter.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
My fear is this is, the more they cry wolf, the less likely people are going believe in legit cases of rape.

Yep, and that is what will happen.  There are already cases of Jr. high and high school girls accusing a male teacher, who of course is fired on the spot and their reputation is ruined for life, only for the truth to come out that it was completely bogus.  I know of one case of a pair of high school girls who accused their coach of raping them.  He couldn't take the abuse in the community and blew his brains out.  They were later charged with manslaughter because the accusations were found to be fake.

If I got on a jury and it was "he said, she said" with absolutely nothing to back up either claim and the guy had nothing in his past to even hint he would commit rape, I'd have to vote not guilty since there would be reasonable doubt.  Women will cry rape out of revenge, regret/embarrassment for having consensual sex, or attention (these are usually people with mental issues).  Each one who does it makes it harder for a legit victim to be believed.

It is time to start prosecuting people to file false rape claims.  It might put a stop to it before it gets completely out of control.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online kevindavis007

Yep, and that is what will happen.  There are already cases of Jr. high and high school girls accusing a male teacher, who of course is fired on the spot and their reputation is ruined for life, only for the truth to come out that it was completely bogus.  I know of one case of a pair of high school girls who accused their coach of raping them.  He couldn't take the abuse in the community and blew his brains out.  They were later charged with manslaughter because the accusations were found to be fake.

If I got on a jury and it was "he said, she said" with absolutely nothing to back up either claim and the guy had nothing in his past to even hint he would commit rape, I'd have to vote not guilty since there would be reasonable doubt.  Women will cry rape out of revenge, regret/embarrassment for having consensual sex, or attention (these are usually people with mental issues).  Each one who does it makes it harder for a legit victim to be believed.

It is time to start prosecuting people to file false rape claims.  It might put a stop to it before it gets completely out of control.

I agree.. There has to be consequences for reporting false crime.. I feel for the real victims of rape.