Author Topic: Tomasky Trashes The South: 'Reactionary', 'Fetid', 'Nuclear Waste Site' of Racial Resentment  (Read 778 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2014/12/08/tomasky-trashes-south-largely-reactionary-prejudice-infested-fetid

Tomasky Trashes The South: 'Reactionary', 'Fetid', 'Nuclear Waste Site' of Racial Resentment

By Mark Finkelstein | December 8, 2014 | 9:15 AM EST

Michael Tomasky is not content to argue, in the wake of Mary Landrieu's defeat, that Democrats should write off the South as politically unfriendly territory.  In his Daily Beast item of today, Tomasky goes to great lengths to trash the region in the ugliest of terms.

"Reactionary, prejudice-infested, fetid, reject[ing] nearly everything that’s good about this country, just one big nuclear waste site of choleric, and extremely racialized, resentment," is how Tomasky slurs most of the South, saying "almost the entire region" is as he describes it.

Remind us now, Michael: just who's "choleric?" Tomasky then has the temerity to shed a crocodile tear, lamenting that his utter contempt for the South is "made even sadder because on the whole they’re such nice people! (I truly mean that.)"

Toward the end of his column, Tomasky even seems to favor secession, calling the South "[a] different country. And maybe someday it really should be. I’ll save that for another column."

Michael Tomasky, champion of the New Confederacy?  Who knew?

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Shut up Tomasky!  A southern man don't need you around anyhow. 

Pass the biscuits please. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Shut up Tomasky!  A southern man don't need you around anyhow. 

Pass the biscuits please.

He's just insanely jealous Alice!

Here's the biscuits!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

He's just insanely jealous Alice!

Here's the biscuits!

LOL Bigun!

Now, do y'all do biscuits and gravy in Texas?  'Cause I'd like some gravy on 'em too, please.  Thank you!

:smokin:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

LOL Bigun!

Now, do y'all do biscuits and gravy in Texas?  'Cause I'd like some gravy on 'em too, please.  Thank you!

:smokin:

We do them all kinds of ways in Texas but I like them with lots of black pepper gravy most!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

We do them all kinds of ways in Texas but I like them with lots of black pepper gravy most!

Me too!  Yummmmy!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
more here..http://hotair.com/archives/2014/12/08/michael-tomasky-has-a-meltdown-over-souths-rejection-of-democrats/
Michael Tomasky has a meltdown over South’s rejection of Democrats

excerpt:
It is a baseless notion. On the presidential level, the South did begin to abandon Democrats in the 1960s, but that was a process marked by fits and starts. As recently as 1980, the electorate that handed Ronald Reagan the White House looked like this:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34