Author Topic: Obama Daughters UNLEASH Their Annoyance During Annual ‘Turkey Pardon’  (Read 2223 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://madworldnews.com/obama-daughters-turkey-pardon/

Obama Daughters UNLEASH Their Annoyance During Annual ‘Turkey Pardon’
IN ANIMALS, NEWS, POLITICS / BY AMANDA SHEA / ON NOVEMBER 26, 2014 AT 9:00 PM /

It’s tough being a teen, especially if your last name is Obama and you live in the White House and have to participate in ceremonies full of pomp and circumstance, such as “pardoning” a turkey. That’s the pain Sasha and Malia felt today as their “teen contempt” was on full display while they stood next to dear old dad who was full of Thanksgiving puns at the annual event.

The 16 and 13-year-old daughters accompanied their presidential father and could barely contain their disdain for the production. The visual clues were confirmed by Malia when Barack Obama asked his daughter if she would like to pet the pardoned turkey, “Cheese.” Malia, the oldest of the two girls, simply said, “Nah.”

Who can blame their annoyance in the course of this event when their father used it as a platform to make bad jokes about amnesty, by saying many Americans will likely compare the pardon to letting in droves of illegals into the country. “I know some will call this amnesty, but don’t worry, there’s plenty of turkey to go around,” he remarked.

What would be a comment about amnesty from our president without joking on his (excessive) use of executive action? Barack Obama threw in a zinger about that as well, correlating it to Cheese the pardoned turkey, of course. “I am here to announce what I’m sure will be the most talked-about executive action this month. Today, I’m taking an action fully within my legal authority,” Obama said.

As obnoxious as the visual lack of respect the Obama girls showed at the event that’s been a long-standing tradition in the country their father represents, I can’t help but feel the same way their facial gestures portrayed — but for different reasons.

Watch the faces of the first daughters unload in annoyance below, with the highest concentration of irritation within the first 20 seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h-7nxkCm1g

I don’t think you would have ever seen the Bush daughters in dresses that short. Class is completely absent from this White House.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Obama Daughters UNLEASH Their Annoyance During Annual ‘Turkey Pardon’
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 03:10:06 pm »
They're acting like typical teens, perhaps, but it's up to their parents (or at least, grandma) to teach them common courtesy, given their role in the public eye. It may be that they're just emulating their mother's apparent disrespect for Barry, but that's not an excuse for acting so surly.
The Mooch didn't show up until they did their photo op at the food bank.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 03:20:32 pm »
it's up to their parents (or at least, grandma) to teach them common courtesy
Do you think anyone in that family knows a damn thing about common courtesy?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 05:55:43 pm »
Do you think anyone in that family knows a damn thing about common courtesy?
Ha. I was giving Grandma Robinson the benefit of the doubt.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 06:00:32 pm »
Wow!  Surly teen girls.  So surprised.  NOT!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 06:01:33 pm »
Wow!  Surly teen girls.  So surprised.  NOT!
You'd think their own father ( :laugh:) would know they'd be surly and just not have them there for this silly occasion.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 06:24:53 pm »
Is Sasha wearing combat boots with her dress? There is hope for that one.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 10:54:25 pm »
GOP Staffer Apologizes For Lecturing Obama Daughters To 'Show A Little Class'
 The Huffington Post    | By  Igor Bobic   
 Posted:  11/29/2014 3:13 pm EST    Updated:  42 minutes ago

A Republican staffer on Friday apologized for a Facebook post that criticized Malia and Sasha Obama's appearance at the annual White House turkey pardon ceremony, one of America's silliest holiday traditions.

Elizabeth Lauten, the communications director for Rep. Stephen Fincher (R-Tenn.), wrote that the two teenagers should "try showing a little class," "dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar," and, most of all, "don't make faces" at Very Serious public events.

Read the full rant via Gawker:
Dear Sasha and Malia, I get you’re both in those awful teen years, but you’re a part of the First Family, try showing a little class. At least respect the part you play. Then again your mother and father don’t respect their positions very much, or the nation for that matter, so I’m guessing you’re coming up a little short in the ‘good role model’ department. Nevertheless, stretch yourself. Rise to the occasion. Act like being in the White House matters to you. Dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar. And certainly don’t make faces during televised public events.
The First Daughters join President Obama at the ceremony every year, where they can hardly contain their disdain for the lame dad jokes that predictably follow. Before approaching Mac and Cheese, the two turkeys, the president remarked that it was "puzzling that I do this every year." Malia even declined her father's offer to pet one of the pardoned turkeys with a nonchalant, "Nah."

Lauten later apologized for rushing to judgment on Facebook.

"I reacted to an article and quickly judged the two young ladies in a way that I would never have wanted to be judged myself as a teenager," she said. "After many hours of prayer, talking to my parents and re-reading my words online, I can see more clearly how hurtful my words were. Please know that these judgmental feelings truly have no pace in my heart. Furthermore, I'd like to apologize to all of those who I have hurt and offended with my words, and pledge to learn and grow (and I assure you I have) from this experience."

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/11/29/congressional-staffer-apologizes-for-saying-first-daughters-acted-classless-at-turkey-ceremony/

Congressional Staffer Apologizes for Saying First Daughters Acted Classless at Turkey Ceremony

by
Bridget Johnson

November 29, 2014 - 5:17 pm

A communications director for a GOP congressman has apologized for saying the first daughters weren’t showing “class” and were wearing clothes fit for a “spot at a bar” during this week’s turkey pardoning ceremony.

Malia, 16, and Sasha, 13, weren’t as into the annual turkey pardoning ceremony as they were in their younger days. The teens struck bored poses with coordinating facial expressions during the president’s quips and jokes, and Malia refused when President Obama asked if she wanted to pet the turkey.

Elizabeth Lauten, a former Republican National Committee staffer and current communications director for Rep. Stephen Fincher (R-Tenn.), posted an open letter to the girls on her Facebook page.

“Dear Sasha and Malia, I get you’re both in those awful teen years, but you’re a part of the First Family, try showing a little class. At least respect the part you play. Then again your mother and father don’t respect their positions very much, or the nation for that matter, so I’m guessing you’re coming up a little short in the ‘good role model’ department,” Lauten wrote.

“Nevertheless, stretch yourself. Rise to the occasion. Act like being in the White House matters to you. Dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar. And certainly don’t make faces during televised, public events.”

Hours after a Twitter-led uproar began, Lauten removed her post and posted a Facebook apology.

“When I first posted on Facebook I reacted to an article and I quickly judged the two young ladies in a way that I would never have wanted to be judged myself as a teenager,” she wrote. “After many hours of prayer, talking to my parents, and re-reading my words online I can see more clearly just how hurtful my words were. Please know, those judgmental feelings truly have no place in my heart.”

“Furthermore, I’d like to apologize to all of those who I have hurt and offended with my words, and I pledge to learn and grow (and I assure you I have) from this experience.”

petesouza @petesouza  ·  Nov 26

President Obama and his daughters, Malia and Sasha, check out one of the turkeys before today's annual turkey pardon
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34